Author Topic: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread  (Read 11223 times)

Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Reply #120 on: Yesterday at 01:51:50 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Celtics will win both games in Miami by 20 plus points. That was the ultimate fluke game. No way Miami shoots like that again.

Enjoy it Heat fans, you weren’t totally embarrassed

« Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 03:35:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm only gonna get worried if we fall behind 3-1 or 3-2 in the series. Otherwise, while a Game 3 loss would suck, if you win Game 4 you're still at 2-2 with HCA. Granted, HCA hasn't done much for them but they have been pretty good on the road. I'm still gonna say the C's win the next 3 in a row.

I just think the optics would look terrible if they have to go even to a 6th game this series. I gave MIA a game going into the series, but it doesn't bode well if you have to go to 6+ games in the first round just like last year.

So short term they should be fine and win this series, but the outlook for deeper in the playoffs doesn't look as good if they continue these habits. And frankly it feels like they will.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #122 on: Yesterday at 05:28:18 PM »

Offline DrinkinCelticKool-Aid

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 36
Celtics will win both games in Miami by 20 plus points. That was the ultimate fluke game. No way Miami shoots like that again.

Enjoy it Heat fans, you weren’t totally embarrassed

Not Unless they have a picture of Trump on their fan forum profile! : ;)

« Reply #123 on: Yesterday at 09:42:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
The Celtics have put pressure on themselves.  Now they need to win 2 in MIA to reassert their position as a title contender.  To me, even a split in MIA will not restore my confidence fully.

Yeah, they should still win this series regardless but if you have to go to a 6th or dare I say, 7th game then that'd be a bad look. But we are 5-2 in the last two postseasons at Miami and that stadium is the saddest "home court advantage" I've seen with like 50% stands filled. Just get back to playing good basketball and you should win. I'm not making excuses for Game 2 but I'd be stunned if MIA shot that well AND our own guys played this awful. Both things aligned in Game 2 unfortunately. Porzingis should be feasting on this team.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #124 on: Yesterday at 10:01:15 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I would be very worried about what this team would do if it were to go down 2-1 to the Heat. I don't expect it to happen but if they mess around in Game 3 and find themselves in a hole, there's going to be a lot of noise and I don't feel confident they'll respond.

Given how physical the Heat have been, I wonder if it would be good to find some minutes for Tillman. He might be just what the Celtics need.

When it comes to Game 2... It was either Scal or House who said the Celtics need to stop match-up hunting. Everyone on the C's already has a mismatch. They just need to send someone (anyone) driving hard to the rim as early in the shot clock and possible to collapse the defense then pass out to get the Heat in rotation and that'll lead to an open shot.

Too much dribbling, too many picks that do nothing, not enough attacking.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:09:09 PM by Big333223 »
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008