Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Hawks (2-3) Round 1 Game #6 4/27/23  (Read 23037 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Hawks (2-3) Round 1 Game #6 4/27/23
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2023, 09:02:42 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
The path really could not have gotten easier for Boston. Milwaukee was the one team in the conference that I could see beating Boston in a series especially having HCA. Atlanta, then Philly, then Miami or New York (all with HCA). If the C's don't reach the Finals it really is a massive failure on their part. No excuses
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2023, 09:05:27 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston has home court for all of the playoffs
They have the healthiest team
They have a gimpy Sixers team they have owned
Then maybe a one man Heat team or a slightly above average Knicks

They MUST get this Atlanta series over with. Enough of this.

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2023, 09:42:33 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Please show me that you really want this tonight.  No more different standards based on the opponent. 

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2023, 10:17:48 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
ATL best offense is a little guy who shoots uncontested 3s from 40 feet. If we can't beat that then we don't belong here. JB I hope you are practicing free throws as we speak.

Go Celts. Not wearing my Smart jersey tonight. I am wearing a KG jersey.

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2023, 10:26:54 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I'm thinking back to 2008 first round.   The 37-45  Eighth seeded Hawks team took that 66-16 first seeded Celtics team to 7 games.  That certainly was unexpected from a team with KG, Pierce,  and Ray Allen.  But we all know how that ended.  So being up 3-2 to a 41-41 Hawks team isn't the end of the world.  They need to end it tonight though.  We don't have a KG on this team to will the team to a Game 7 win. 

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2023, 10:29:08 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
I'm thinking back to 2008 first round.   The 37-45  Eighth seeded Hawks team took that 66-16 first seeded Celtics team to 7 games.  That certainly was unexpected from a team with KG, Pierce,  and Ray Allen.  But we all know how that ended.  So being up 3-2 to a 41-41 Hawks team isn't the end of the world.  They need to end it tonight though.  We don't have a KG on this team to will the team to a Game 7 win.

This is Scary, that hawks team, Josh smith, Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford, AL horford. how where they 37-45.

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2023, 10:37:41 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
An 8:30 start time is rough ugh... so much waiting

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2023, 10:48:24 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666

This is Scary, that hawks team, Josh smith, Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford, AL horford. how where they 37-45.

Just weren't ready yet.  Joe was Joe but Smith and Horford were still pups.  Crawford wasn't in Atlanta yet. 

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2023, 10:51:41 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

……nor a PJ Brown either!😉

TP FLCsFan!

Thought back to that series right after they lost to the Hawks in game 5!

Great minds……👍🏀😉

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2023, 10:55:00 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Boston has home court for all of the playoffs
They have the healthiest team
They have a gimpy Sixers team they have owned
Then maybe a one man Heat team or a slightly above average Knicks

They MUST get this Atlanta series over with. Enough of this.

C's will lead by 20 and then somehow choke that lead again and lose another close one due to sloppiness and chucking 3's, I can envision it  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2023, 10:55:52 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
BOS best defensive strategy against Trae Young = Dejounte Murray

Murray's selfishness will take the ball out of Trae's hands and Murray is much easier to defend than Trae. Murray will help our defense. Make life easier for BOS.

Murray will also harm ATL's floor spacing off the ball. They were able to put better outside shooters on the court in Game 5 without Murray around. This helped stretch the defense and make it easier for Trae Young to attack BOS's defense. Murray will harm this and make it easier for BOS to defend deeper and force the ball out of Trae's hands.

Trae is far and away the best offensive player on ATL. He is more dangerous without Murray than with Murray. Murray's return will help BOS.

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2023, 11:19:09 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Murray's selfishness will take the ball out of Trae's hands and Murray is much easier to defend than Trae. Murray will help our defense. Make life easier for BOS.

Murray will also harm ATL's floor spacing off the ball. They were able to put better outside shooters on the court in Game 5 without Murray around. This helped stretch the defense and make it easier for Trae Young to attack BOS's defense. Murray will harm this and make it easier for BOS to defend deeper and force the ball out of Trae's hands.

Trae is far and away the best offensive player on ATL. He is more dangerous without Murray than with Murray. Murray's return will help BOS.

Great take!  Or at least very interesting take.   Hope that plays out the way you suggest.  Murray seems to do very well creating space for himself. If he has another hot game, C's will be in a tough one again tonight.

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2023, 11:23:09 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i am tired of stress. the celtics will apologize to me for adding more stress to my life and then go out and stomp the living snot out of the horrible hawks. celtics win by 40+ points..... and if they don't i give a tp to everyone.  ;D

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo playoff celtics!!

a of course a tp for flc.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2023, 11:24:45 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
i am tired of stress. the celtics will apologize to me for adding more stress to my life and then go out and stomp the living snot out of the horrible hawks. celtics win by 40+ points..... and if they don't i give a tp to everyone.  ;D

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo playoff celtics!!

a of course a tp for flc.

Hopefully they win by 39 so I can get a blowout win and a free TP!  :laugh:

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2023, 11:25:21 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

Great take!  Or at least very interesting take.   Hope that plays out the way you suggest.  Murray seems to do very well creating space for himself. If he has another hot game, C's will be in a tough one again tonight.

I don't think Murray takes shots/touches away from Trae Young.  If anything, he will take shots/touches away from Bogdanovic.  Maybe Hunter.  I think it is dangerous to think that Murray returning will somehow make it easier for the Celtics to win.