Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2023  (Read 123922 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2023
« Reply #2685 on: June 10, 2023, 01:48:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
I do wonder, what if the Nuggets had to go through the Kings or Grizzlies in the WCF. Would they have at least put a dent on them? They had a not so difficult path through their way to the Finals- playing the 8th seeded Wolves, 4th seeded Suns (banged up CP3), and 7th seeded Lakers.

As a reward, they got to play an 8th seeded team in the Finals

Nuggets would have demolished Memphis. Jokic alone would just eat them up.

Kings are interesting. I think they'd give the Nuggets a series and push them to 6. Still think DEN though just had too much firepower and obviously homecourt advantage. SAC's fast pace and offensive ability to explode might have made things interesting in a few games.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2686 on: June 10, 2023, 02:51:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
On a side note, it's pretty obvious "The Extender" Scott Foster is now washed up. He's been in a lot of series this postseason where it's 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 and he's failed to extend them  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2687 on: June 10, 2023, 02:51:55 PM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 261
  • International Superstar
I do wonder, what if the Nuggets had to go through the Kings or Grizzlies in the WCF. Would they have at least put a dent on them? They had a not so difficult path through their way to the Finals- playing the 8th seeded Wolves, 4th seeded Suns (banged up CP3), and 7th seeded Lakers.

That’s what parity looks like, though. And Miami looked great (unsustainably great) against us and the Bucks. They earned their Finals berth.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2688 on: June 10, 2023, 03:53:41 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

That was essentially our path through the East and we couldn't make it out.  Denver has proven themselves as best as possible.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2689 on: June 10, 2023, 04:18:34 PM »

Offline Greenblood35

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
Watching the Nuggets, it's a bit of a reality check to see how far away we actually are. The Nuggets are SUPERIOR to the Heat. I know some of us thought the same about the Celtics but I don't see how anyone can say that after watching our series. The Nuggets not only have excellent talent (which we have), but the pieces all fit together so well and they appear to run an actual system. It feels like they have a counter to anything Miami throws at them. And then of course they have the ultimate trump card in Joker.

Mazz did not put our players in the best position to succeed, but after watching this same core for the last 5-6 years together, I don't care who the coach was, they are not going to be as disciplined, heady, and unselfish as a team like Denver (or Miami).

Watching this series has made me even more convinced running it back is an exercise in futility. The core of this team needs to change.

« Reply #2690 on: June 10, 2023, 10:32:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Watching the Nuggets, it's a bit of a reality check to see how far away we actually are. The Nuggets are SUPERIOR to the Heat. I know some of us thought the same about the Celtics but I don't see how anyone can say that after watching our series. The Nuggets not only have excellent talent (which we have), but the pieces all fit together so well and they appear to run an actual system. It feels like they have a counter to anything Miami throws at them. And then of course they have the ultimate trump card in Joker.

Mazz did not put our players in the best position to succeed, but after watching this same core for the last 5-6 years together, I don't care who the coach was, they are not going to be as disciplined, heady, and unselfish as a team like Denver (or Miami).

Watching this series has made me even more convinced running it back is an exercise in futility. The core of this team needs to change.

Just mind-boggling how Vegas had the Celtics favorites to win it all after Giannis got injured.

Nuggets when fully healthy look like a force

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2691 on: June 11, 2023, 06:05:06 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
No one believed the Nuggets would win it all but now look…all u heard was how the Warriors or Lakers would make it to the Finals out of the West as hardly no one gave Denver a chance.. sweeping the Lakers was sooooo awesome
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2692 on: June 11, 2023, 06:08:14 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Everybody expected the Finals to be between the Nuggets and the Celtics.

Few people believed in the Warriors or the Lakers and rightfully so.

« Reply #2693 on: June 11, 2023, 06:26:00 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Meh. Despite the final score of the last 2 games the heat have been pretty competitive in these finals with jimmy butler and the role players not even playing well… The Celtics can beat anyone in the league including Denver. Nuggets are playing really well but they’re not untouchable.

« Reply #2694 on: June 12, 2023, 08:45:32 PM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
That had to be a foul or a travel and no call

« Reply #2695 on: June 12, 2023, 08:47:34 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Refs trying to extend this to a game 6 it’s obvious

Butlers flailing and falling is disgusting
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2696 on: June 12, 2023, 08:48:28 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1408
Butler has no lift at all… Yeesh
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2697 on: June 12, 2023, 08:52:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Nice to see MPJ do something good.

« Reply #2698 on: June 12, 2023, 08:53:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148

Yeah, but the Heat look done...

« Reply #2699 on: June 12, 2023, 08:55:11 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Yeah, but the Heat look done...
Yea since that post they went 0-9 😂
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk