Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2023  (Read 128170 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2023
« Reply #2670 on: June 10, 2023, 05:58:03 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Jokic would have been dominant against us, like he has been all thru the playoffs..he is best player in the NBA & glad he going win a title that he deserves..tired of these so called experts saying he would never win one..so happy Denver sweep the Lakers also!!!!
This Denver run is so reminiscent of the 2011 Mavs.

« Reply #2671 on: June 10, 2023, 07:07:53 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Jokic would have been dominant against us, like he has been all thru the playoffs..he is best player in the NBA & glad he going win a title that he deserves..tired of these so called experts saying he would never win one..so happy Denver sweep the Lakers also!!!!

Except that Denver were the presumptive favourites?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2672 on: June 10, 2023, 07:39:57 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Miami cooked

Fairytale Done

« Reply #2673 on: June 10, 2023, 08:41:40 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

yeah this is an odd take.....the 2011 Mavs were NOT expected to beat the big 3 of Lebron/Wade/Bosh...

Miami doesnt belong on this stage. They just played disciplined and hit an incredible lucky hot streak from 3. not all of a sudden those open 3's aren't falling and they are back to looking like an overmatched 8th seed.

I'd like to see how their 3pt percentage in the first 3 rounds ranks all time...I mean it was 47% against Bucks, 41% against NYC and 48% against boston.....with a scorching 60% on open 3's which was well above better than any team since its been tracked

« Reply #2674 on: June 10, 2023, 10:14:58 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Denver is attacking them and dominating the inside and the boards. Not just Jokic, but most of the team.

The C's meanwhile were able to do the same, BUT they kept jacking up a bunch of 3s as if it were some requirement and passed up some great inside looks or passes  ::)

As a result, DEN is up 3-1 and will likely finish this off in 5
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2675 on: June 10, 2023, 10:15:52 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Look at K Love contributing. Imagine if crybaby Brad would've got us someone in the buyout/trade deadline that actually could have done something in the playoffs

At this point in their careers there's not a lot of difference between Love and Muscala.
There's a big difference though between Spoelstra and Mazzula.

Agreed. Muscala a much more dependable shooter as well. If anything, it is in his fair not K-Love's.

So PBS did get us that help at the trade deadline. It was Mazzula who failed to utilize that asset.

« Reply #2676 on: June 10, 2023, 10:16:59 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I feel like we would have been hard pressed to beat the Nuggets

I think so too. We played them well in the regular season but as the playoffs progressed it was clear that the Nuggets would totally outclass and outsmart us if we had gotten there. This Celtics team had the basketball IQ of a JR Smith.

Yeah, I didn't think we had much of a chance against DEN either. If we were playing well like we were earlier in the season, then yes. But we had been playing like dogs throughout the playoffs. We had no chance against DEN at this level of performance.

« Reply #2677 on: June 10, 2023, 10:17:20 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Btw, all that talk about Herro. He was never going to come back. Just mind games from Miami

Went from "likely Game 2" to likely ruled out Games 2, 3, 4 and probably 5.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2678 on: June 10, 2023, 10:31:16 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

yeah this is an odd take.....the 2011 Mavs were NOT expected to beat the big 3 of Lebron/Wade/Bosh...

Miami doesnt belong on this stage. They just played disciplined and hit an incredible lucky hot streak from 3. not all of a sudden those open 3's aren't falling and they are back to looking like an overmatched 8th seed.

I'd like to see how their 3pt percentage in the first 3 rounds ranks all time...I mean it was 47% against Bucks, 41% against NYC and 48% against boston.....with a scorching 60% on open 3's which was well above better than any team since its been tracked

Yeah it’s a tricky data set to find easily, but I would assume that the answer is something like ‘incredibly good’
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2679 on: June 10, 2023, 11:06:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Denver Nuggets forward Michael Porter Jr. admits that there were moments of doubt when he underwent a third back surgery in five years. Porter was left to wonder "Why me?" as we awaited that third surgery.

“For a lot of guys, that’s career-ending, one of those surgeries,” Porter said. “This is after two of them.

“I thought I had kind of gotten over everything, and now I have to get a third one? I don’t know if anyone’s ever played—especially at my young age—after three back surgeries.

“I was just over it,” he says.

Porter has made it back and has been an integral part of the Nuggets run to the 2023 NBA Finals. But Porter said that's come from an ongoing commitment to just be able to take the floor.

“All the extra work that most guys have to put in, which is a lot, I’m having to do three times that much just to be able to play,” Porter said, adding: “Basically, my whole life revolves around just trying to be able to stay healthy.”

« Reply #2680 on: June 10, 2023, 12:16:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Some Finals stats through 4 games.

Jokic = 31ppg 13.5rpg 8.0apg 55% FG% 44% 3PT%
J Murray = 23ppg 6rpg 10.5apg 46% FG% 42% 3PT%
A Gordon = 16.5ppg 7.5rpg 3.5apg 67% FG%

Bam = 22ppg 12.5rpg 4apg 46% FG%
Jimmy = 22ppg 5rpg 7apg 45% FG% 36% 3PT%

Jimmy and Bam have only a 52% TS% and 51% scoring efficiency overall. Jokic is at 65%. Murray only 56% despite his impressive jump-shooting numbers due to low FT attempts (3.5 FTA per game vs 19 FGA per game). A Gordon at 70% TS%.

Bruce Brown at 67% TS% at 12ppg. Lowry 68% 10.5ppg. D Robinson 70% 8.5ppg. G Vincent solid at 57% on 13ppg.

C Martin only 43% TS%. KCP shooting only 33% from floor, 28% from 3 but 50% TS% due to high volume 3s (2/3rds of shots) and FT attempts (50% FT rate 21 shots 11 FTAs). M Porter stinking up the joint with a 37% TS% only 8ppg on 30% FG% 14% 3PT% for one of the best shooters in the league. Not good.

Jokic also adding a steal per game and 1.5bpg for good measure.

« Reply #2681 on: June 10, 2023, 12:54:16 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Kyle Lowry told Neymar that they'll see the Nuggets in Game 6.

Who does that fool think he is playing. The Celtics or the Nuggets. Hope that's bulletin board for the Nuggs and they close them out on Monday ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2682 on: June 10, 2023, 12:56:02 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Clear #1 seed favorites. And not a one hit wonder.

« Reply #2683 on: June 10, 2023, 01:22:30 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
I haven’t watched any finals games. Just not interested without the Celtics playing. I was concerned that the Nuggets might be rusty from the additional week off waiting for the ECF to be decided. It doesn’t seem to have affected their play too much?

« Reply #2684 on: June 10, 2023, 01:26:23 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
I do wonder, what if the Nuggets had to go through the Kings or Grizzlies in the WCF. Would they have at least put a dent on them? They had a not so difficult path through their way to the Finals- playing the 8th seeded Wolves, 4th seeded Suns (banged up CP3), and 7th seeded Lakers.

As a reward, they got to play an 8th seeded team in the Finals