Author Topic: Three Bleacher Report trade proposals  (Read 7091 times)

Three Bleacher Report trade proposals
« on: April 05, 2023, 09:14:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
1.  Payton Pritchard to Jazz for Udoka Azubuike and two 2nds

“Payton Pritchard is a good player. The Celtics have seen him be a good player, ” writes B/R. “They just don’t see this as reason enough to get him in the regular rotation.”

“Azubuike isn’t necessarily an automatic upgrade on what the Celtics have, but that’s where the two second-round picks come into play. It’s possible, though, the 6’10”, 280-pounder is, in fact, better than any big on Boston’s bench.”

2.  Jaylen Brown, Pritchard, Danilo Gallinari to Hawks for Dejounte Murray, John Collins and a 1st

“It’s never easy to calculate the exact trade value of an established star like Brown,” suggests Buckley. “It’s even harder still for the team trading away said star to bring back equal value.”

“This trade feels about right, though. Brown is awesome, but Pritchard is replaceable and Danilo Gallinari is 34 years old and rehabbing a torn ACL.”

3.  Jaylen Brown to the New Orleans Pelicans for Brandon Ingram

“The Celtics might need some draft compensation to account for Brandon Ingram’s injury history, but in terms of talent, this feels pretty even,” opines the B/R analyst.

Brown has the edge in defense and efficiency. Ingram is a better handler and shot-creator. There’s a universe in which both Boston and New Orleans want more of what the other player offers.”

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Three Bleacher Report trade proposals
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 09:46:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
well #s 2 and 3 are nowhere near enough for the C's.  no interest in either of those deals whatsoever.

#1 option isn't terribly enticing either.  only reason to consider it is if the C's though Azubuike would actually be someone who'd replace Kornet and provide better defense and rebounding AND if they weren't going to move Smart in a deal to improve the front court to get Al's future replacement (if they are considering moving Smart they would likely want to keep PP as the 3rd PG).

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 09:48:14 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
2.  Jaylen Brown, Pritchard, Danilo Gallinari to Hawks for Dejounte Murray, John Collins and a 1st

“It’s never easy to calculate the exact trade value of an established star like Brown,” suggests Buckley. “It’s even harder still for the team trading away said star to bring back equal value.”

“This trade feels about right, though. Brown is awesome, but Pritchard is replaceable and Danilo Gallinari is 34 years old and rehabbing a torn ACL.”

This one is the most interesting, really messes with the guard rotation but it's definitely the closest in taking back as much value as you send out. Murray has had a 90th Percentile start to his career but he hasn't proven that his game translates to championship basketball. Collins is also very good but possibly not great, he is one of the easiest answers to who takes over for Horford once he retires.

I think that this trade drops us out of championship contention in the short term but maybe it would be 1 more trade to get it back in. Something like trading Smart and 1st's for an OG Anunoby type player and using the Hawks 1st to draft a wing so you can move on from Grant Williams clearing the way for Collins

Murray/Brogdon/White
OG Anunoby/White
Tatum/Hauser/Hawks 1st
Horford/Collins/Blake Griffin
RWIII/Muscala/Kornett

Edit: This is again only if Jaylen demands a trade. Even still it would probably be better to just take a package built around multiple 1st's from Houston.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 09:49:56 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
It being Bleacher Report, proposal 1 completely overlooks that Azubuike is an expiring contract this season and thus no longer eligible to be traded.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 09:56:51 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
If Jaylen demanded a trade, I would be happy with #3 for Ingram. That would be a solid return for Jaylen. Without Jaylen asking out, I wouldn't do it.

Not interested in Dejounte and John Collins. Not good enough.

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 09:57:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Those trades are inline with what I think we'd get for Brown.  I proposed something very similar to each of those at various times as well.  Given Ingram's injury history, I'd definitely want something else.  I'd want Murphy or Jones, but might settle for Alvarado and a 1st. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2023, 10:00:51 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
It being Bleacher Report, proposal 1 completely overlooks that Azubuike is an expiring contract this season and thus no longer eligible to be traded.

TP. Bleacher Report… smh.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2023, 10:07:19 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
That 2nd trade is horrible. Collins has regressed and Murray is solid, but not as great as people make him out to be. Otherwise ATL would be much better than they are
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2023, 10:21:51 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Those trades are inline with what I think we'd get for Brown.  I proposed something very similar to each of those at various times as well.  Given Ingram's injury history, I'd definitely want something else.  I'd want Murphy or Jones, but might settle for Alvarado and a 1st.
which proves my point about them being underpayments since your track record consistently undervalues anyone on the C's roster while inflating the value of any other player in the league.

Ingram, Murray and Collins are all underwhelming players and not as good as Jaylen.  IF, and only IF, Jaylen states he wants to leave Boston (which I don't see happening) Brad would need to get a lot better deal than any of these proposals.   Close to what Utah got for Mitchell or for Gobert -- especially the picks

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2023, 10:44:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
which proves my point about them being underpayments since your track record consistently undervalues anyone on the C's roster while inflating the value of any other player in the league.

Ingram, Murray and Collins are all underwhelming players and not as good as Jaylen.  IF, and only IF, Jaylen states he wants to leave Boston (which I don't see happening) Brad would need to get a lot better deal than any of these proposals.   Close to what Utah got for Mitchell or for Gobert -- especially the picks
One of these guys is Ingram, the other is Brown.

26.7 p, 6.8 r, 3.4 a, 1.1 s, 0.4 b, 2.9 t, 55.2 2P, 33.9 3P, 76.9 FT, 58.5 TS%, 19.3 PER, .104 WS/48, 1.3 BPM, 2.0 VORP
24.5 p, 5.3 r, 5.6 a, 0.6 s, 0.4 b, 3.2 t, 50.5 2P, 40.3 3P, 88.2 FT, 58.3 TS%, 19.1 PER, .105 WS/48, 1.6 BPM, 1.3 VORP

Seems like pretty similar players basically across the board.  Ingram is obviously a much larger injury risk, but actual on court production is very similar.  One guy better from 2, the other better from 3 and the line.  One guy a better rebounder, the other a better passer. 

And I don't undervalue our players, I just don't overvalue them like this board does. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2023, 11:08:26 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Love it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2023, 11:22:21 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

TP. Collins is a net negative asset right now, potentially a large one. Murray is like a 45th ranked player in the nba level. Saying if Ibegan can stay healthy is a bit of a silly thing to do right now.

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2023, 11:26:48 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
What are people's thought's on DeAndre Hunter in a potential Hawks trade?

He seems like he's always on the cusp of breaking out but never quite gets there. Definitely has the physical profile that we would need to recoup some of the athleticism lost in a Jaylen trade but not sure if he has the drive to take the next step to undisputed starter level.

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2023, 12:22:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
What are people's thought's on DeAndre Hunter in a potential Hawks trade?

He seems like he's always on the cusp of breaking out but never quite gets there. Definitely has the physical profile that we would need to recoup some of the athleticism lost in a Jaylen trade but not sure if he has the drive to take the next step to undisputed starter level.
no thanks.  If this team has to trade Jaylen, no projects or question marks coming back.  C's need to get an all-star caliber player back in the deal that has no health issues nor questionable devotion to winning/improving their game.

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2023, 01:41:16 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

One of these guys is Ingram, the other is Brown.

26.7 p, 6.8 r, 3.4 a, 1.1 s, 0.4 b, 2.9 t, 55.2 2P, 33.9 3P, 76.9 FT, 58.5 TS%, 19.3 PER, .104 WS/48, 1.3 BPM, 2.0 VORP
24.5 p, 5.3 r, 5.6 a, 0.6 s, 0.4 b, 3.2 t, 50.5 2P, 40.3 3P, 88.2 FT, 58.3 TS%, 19.1 PER, .105 WS/48, 1.6 BPM, 1.3 VORP

Seems like pretty similar players basically across the board.  Ingram is obviously a much larger injury risk, but actual on court production is very similar.  One guy better from 2, the other better from 3 and the line.  One guy a better rebounder, the other a better passer.

And I don't undervalue our players, I just don't overvalue them like this board does.

Ingram is a good player.  He has NOP in the playoff hunt as their best player.  He is not as good a Brown though even when healthy and has more of a durability concern.  Plus, to me, his game is more SF than SG (which I know is subjective) so he is not as good to pair with Tatum.  I don't think I am undervaluing Ingram, I just don't think a trade would make any sense.

As others have said, if it comes down to Brown demanding a trade, getting Ingram and something would not be horrible but it is not a trade I would look to do.  More like if that was the best trade you had to settle for, it would not be the end of the world.