Author Topic: March Madness 2023  (Read 14838 times)

Re: March Madness 2023
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2023, 02:58:06 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The snake continues to slither.

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
Story with ⁦
@wojespn
⁩: Rick Pitino agrees to 6-year deal with St. John's. Press conference tomorrow at Madison Square Garden.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2023, 03:10:33 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
How often is it when not one of the top 4 big programs ( Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, & Kansas) are NOT in the sweet 16?.. also it’s the second time in three years, notice the tread? Going see this more often and it’s good for college basketball..I’m a UK fan but I’m tired of these one and done, can’t build a team like this..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2023, 09:42:54 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Great ending to the Gonzaga-UCLA game last night. For some reason, these two teams play memorable games in the NCAA Tournament.

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2023, 09:44:02 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Great ending to the Gonzaga-UCLA game last night. For some reason, these two teams play memorable games in the NCAA Tournament.

That was awesome.  I'll be rooting for the Zags going forward.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2023, 10:12:32 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

Having lived in and around Spokane my entire life and also been a Bulldog fan throughout those years, I now consider us even on the heartbreak meter with UCLA.  That defeat in 2006 was so (Morrison in tears game) heart wrenching that we needed to get them back multiple times.  After Suggs game winner 2 years ago and last nights late collapse followed by Strawther game  winner I now consider us even.

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2023, 10:20:55 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

It was a terrific ending, and I’m not even sure it was the best game of the night, for those who watched Michigan State - Kansas State.  Markquis Nowell had one of the best tournament games ever, including a record 19 assists, despite playing most of the second half and overtime on a sprained ankle.  The no-look alley-oop that he tossed while having an animated conversation with his coach was both spectacular and hilarious.  I’m excited he gets another game — he’s by far the most fun player to watch this tournament.

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2023, 11:14:07 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

I felt so bad for Timme, after he missed his two free throws and then UCLA came down and made a go ahead 3. He had played such a great game and it would have been awful to see him end his college basketball career on that note.

I will be rooting for Gonzaga too, as I would like to see Mark Few and that school win it all for the first time. From afar, it looks like Few runs a great program and I would like to see all his hard work pay off.

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2023, 12:02:05 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
the PG from kansas state - nowell. put on the best display of actually being a point guard i've seen since....

not sure
but a long time

great passes. great heart
im on the KSU bandwagon at this point. kid was so fun to watch!

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2023, 10:33:32 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
UConn putting a beatdown on Gonzaga. [dang]…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2023, 04:40:16 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Most likely correct but pretty ticky tack call that decided that SDSU/Creighton game.

Another exciting game, though.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2023, 04:59:49 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Most likely correct but pretty ticky tack call that decided that SDSU/Creighton game.

Yeah, it was a tough call.  If I’d been a SDSU fan I’d have been upset if they didn’t call it.  Great game tho, and as someone who was introduced to basketball by the 90s Michigan Fab 5, it’s great to see Brian Dutcher lead a team to the Final Four.

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2023, 05:28:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Been an amazing tournament so far. Just the fact that 1 of San Diego State or Florida Atlantic are guaranteed to be in the Finals is cool. Basically 2 Cinderella Teams this year who both made the Final 4.

I read a stat somewhere as well, that this is only the 3rd time since 1961 where no preseason AP Top 10 team made the Final 4. Creighton losing today made that a fact since they started the season Top-10 in the rankings
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2023, 08:20:08 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

The game was decided when Creighton used their take foul with 6.7 seconds remaining, with only 3 or so seconds left on the shot clock. A classic example of over coaching. One of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2023, 08:57:55 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
A 4-seed, two 5-seeds and a 9-seed.  That's a wacky final four. 

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2023, 09:01:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

The game was decided when Creighton used their take foul with 6.7 seconds remaining, with only 3 or so seconds left on the shot clock. A classic example of over coaching. One of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

Well technically the take foul didn't matter.  Creighton fouled in the act of shooting and it would have been two fts for him even if they hadn't fouled right before that.  But I am always on the fence with the take fouls anyways.  Either way, if you are creighton, you can't foul on that last shot with so little time left.  You can't put the other team on the line to win the game.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 09:06:59 PM by blink »