Author Topic: NFL 2023 Offseason Thread  (Read 44976 times)

Re: NFL 2023 Offseason Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2023, 10:19:54 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Some big numbers here.

Robert Mays
@robertmays
·
3m
Some Dolphins cap hits in 2024 after all their restructures:

Ramsey — $28.4 mil
T. Hill — $31 mil
X. Howard — $26 mil
Armstead — $21 mil
B. Chubb — $26.8 mil

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2023, 10:27:04 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
14m
From
@GMFB
: The #Raiders are signing WR Jakobi Meyers, adding a big-time weapon for Jimmy G.

« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2023, 10:28:30 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
14m
From
@GMFB
: The #Raiders are signing WR Jakobi Meyers, adding a big-time weapon for Jimmy G.

Welp. Thanks for everything Meyers! And good luck with Vegas

Curious to see what he signed for.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2023, 11:11:20 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
14m
From
@GMFB

Welp. Thanks for everything Meyers! And good luck with Vegas

Curious to see what he signed for.

You know what's crazy... Bill was willing/did pay Agholor $11M/year and Jonnu Smith $12.5M/year. But he's unwilling to give Myers $11M/year, a player that has performed pretty well over the last few seasons.

Pats better be going after a legit #1 like Hopkins or Cooks if they are letting Myers walk.

New England Patriots free agent wide receiver Jakobi Meyers has agreed to a three-year contract with the Las Vegas Raiders worth $33 million, including $21 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2023, 11:24:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Since when is Jakobi Meyers a big time weapon.  He is fine.  A nice solid #3 type receiver.  But big time weapon.  Come on.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2023, 11:25:34 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Since when is Jakobi Meyers a big time weapon.  He is fine.  A nice solid #3 type receiver.  But big time weapon.  Come on.

Who said he is a big time weapon? I’m not seeing that anyone wrote that.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2023, 11:28:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Read Rapoport’s tweet.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2023, 11:43:53 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Read Rapoport’s tweet.

Yeah, that’s a bit over the top. He’s definitely a legitimate #2, though. 800+ yards and 6TD’s last year is good production.

« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2023, 11:50:16 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Read Rapoport’s tweet.

Yeah, that’s a bit over the top. He’s definitely a legitimate #2, though. 800+ yards and 6TD’s last year is good production.

The Raiders will have weapons.  Adams + Jacobs are elite.  Waller and Renfrow are good.  I wonder if they should have spent on defense instead of Meyers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2023, 12:07:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Read Rapoport’s tweet.

The Raiders will have weapons.  Adams + Jacobs are elite.  Waller and Renfrow are good.  I wonder if they should have spent on defense instead of Meyers.

Assuming they are going to address the defense through the draft as the offense seems to be taken care of. Myers at $11M is a good value for a #2 WR and he should definitely take some pressure off of Adams. I wonder if they will try to trade that #7 overall pick for players and/or more picks. Sounds like 4 QB’s are expected to go in the top 10.

« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2023, 12:14:18 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Would anyone outside of New England consider Troy Brown, Wes Welker, or Julian Edelman big time weapons? I would think the answer would be no. However, just like Myers, they all possessed an elite skill of having the ability to get open (even when everyone knew the ball was going to them), and help extend drives. In other words, they were all reliable and trusted the most by their quarterbacks when it mattered.

« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2023, 12:19:05 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Patriots have to sign some receivers right? We may be staring at last place in division even if Rodgers doesn’t come to New York.

« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2023, 12:20:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Patriots have to sign some receivers right? We may be staring at last place in division even if Rodgers doesn’t come to New York.

I have to see it to believe it. We need to trade for a #1 option like Hopkins and sign someone else to replace Meyers in the slot. But idk if they'll actually do it.

« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2023, 12:24:22 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I have to see it to believe it. We need to trade for a #1 option like Hopkins and sign someone else to replace Meyers in the slot. But idk if they'll actually do it.

They got roughly $28M in cap space right now.  Trading for Hopkins shaves that down to under $10M and they have other needs.  Based on prior history, I think they go bargain shopping on WR and probably draft one.   Spread the cap space among other needs.

« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2023, 12:27:03 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

They got roughly $28M in cap space right now.  Trading for Hopkins shaves that down to under $10M and they have other needs.  Based on prior history, I think they go bargain shopping on WR and probably draft one.   Spread the cap space among other needs.

Can they not restructure his deal in any way? I feel like every other team out there is doing that sort of stuff.

Either way, they have to actually invest in WR/OT, whether it's through draft and the first round pick (#14), or a flashy signing. If they go bargain hunting at those positions, we're screwed.

Again, there's still a ton of time, FA just started. But I just have to see it to believe it. The 2021 spending spree in FA was cool at the time but it was an outlier to what the Pats usually do