Author Topic: Big Man Minutes  (Read 523 times)

Big Man Minutes
« on: February 03, 2023, 09:36:35 AM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
We all know that come playoff time, Timelord and Horford will be the primary big men with Grant Williams taking a bunch of the minutes as well.  I assume that if the Cs don't make any moves between now and the postseason, Kornet would be the next man up.  I am wondering why Blake Griffin is not getting any time at all on this team.  I still believe he can be a useful piece for 5 minute spurts, if necessary.  He played a bit in the blowout against Brooklyn the other night and looked completely rusty.  Is there a reason we cannot find him some spot minutes here and there, particularly with Timelord and Horford taking games off for load management?

Re: Big Man Minutes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 09:39:44 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
We all know that come playoff time, Timelord and Horford will be the primary big men with Grant Williams taking a bunch of the minutes as well.  I assume that if the Cs don't make any moves between now and the postseason, Kornet would be the next man up.  I am wondering why Blake Griffin is not getting any time at all on this team.  I still believe he can be a useful piece for 5 minute spurts, if necessary.  He played a bit in the blowout against Brooklyn the other night and looked completely rusty.  Is there a reason we cannot find him some spot minutes here and there, particularly with Timelord and Horford taking games off for load management?
Blake's getting the starts when Al has been sitting on the B2Bs.  at this point, he hasn't got a lot left in the tank and is basically just eating as many minutes as we can get out of him without killing us on the court.  he's still a decent rebounder and can finish around the basket but he's fortunate to still be in the league at this point.