Author Topic: The Case for Bronny James in 2024…  (Read 12502 times)

Re: The Case for Bronny James in 2024…
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2022, 07:42:38 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
No way. I don’t want LeBron in any way associated with the Celtics, or anywhere near the team.

I don't either. The guy is an idiot and I would love a chance to pound him in the finals rather than see him in Green.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2022, 12:22:36 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Very pointless thread greenly. I know you can do better.

Thanks dad.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2022, 01:59:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
In the end, there was nothing for LeBron James' two sons to do but watch.

Watch their teammates attempt to rally.

Watch the final seconds tick off the clock.

Watch Sierra Canyon lose to their father's alma mater, St. Vincent-St. Mary, 67-61, Saturday at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

Bronny James, a senior and team captain for Sierra Canyon, scored seven points and fouled out in the fourth quarter.

Bryce James, a sophomore, did not play.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2023, 02:54:55 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Jonathan Givony just did a mock draft with Bronny going 10th in the 2024 draft and to the Magic. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2023, 03:11:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Jonathan Givony just did a mock draft with Bronny going 10th in the 2024 draft and to the Magic.

This has been largely mocked for its ridiculousness.

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2023, 04:10:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Givony is well regarded draft expert.  I think it speaks more to the weakness of the '24 draft class.  I hope Bronny is successful.  He has apparently made great strides as a guard in last year.

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2023, 04:13:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Givony is well regarded draft expert.  I think it speaks more to the weakness of the '24 draft class.  I hope Bronny is successful.  He has apparently made great strides as a guard in last year.

I’m not sure the 2024 draft is that weak.  Bronny generally isn’t considered to be a top-25 player in his high school class.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2023, 04:18:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I’m not sure the 2024 draft is that weak.  Bronny generally isn’t considered to be a top-25 player in his high school class.

Yes what Roy said is correct and that I why I pointed out this is largely being ridiculed as clickbait. Can’t say I blame them. It worked.

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2023, 04:26:39 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
For whatever its worth, how much is that draft projection being bumped up by the thought that a team might very well overdraft the kid in order to get Lebron to come to down to join him?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2023, 04:51:58 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Givony is pretty well respected and he has done a pretty good job of forecasting drafts over a year away.  I don't think he is putting Bronny in 10th for clicks.  That would be out of character for Givony.  He certainly could be wrong, I just don't think it is a click bait type thing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2023, 05:12:25 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Does he score 15 ppg in high school?

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2023, 05:18:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
For whatever its worth, how much is that draft projection being bumped up by the thought that a team might very well overdraft the kid in order to get Lebron to come to down to join him?

Yes, selling seats is important to owners .   The first father son attraction for a team , with one being the most prolific scorer of all might be a big draw .   

But , Not for me … at this point he is more of a piece of history .  One I ll be glade to finally see gone.

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2023, 05:28:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Bronny is looking like LiAngelo, Bryce could be like LaMelo or Lonzo impact. I don't know if you draft Bronny to get a retirement edge James if it was Bryce, YES.

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2023, 05:30:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/?year-mock=2024

For comparison, NBA draft net, a pretty serious site had bronny 49 in an update two weeks ago.

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2024-nba-mock-draft/
Nba draft room has him 29.

Definitely an element of this being clickbait here. It’s just not in the ballpark of what anyone else has. Now maybe he has word some
NBA gms will actually do a huge reach for bronny to Lebron for cheap but that is not what the article says.

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2023, 08:08:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

The premise of the ESPN article is that the 2024 draft class looks weak so far. Excerpt below:

"NBA team representatives say they've been disappointed with what they've seen thus far from the elite prospects in this year's high school senior class, a group that historically makes up the backbone of the 2024 draft lottery. High school recruiting analysts widely disagree on who the top prospects in the class are, mostly because they don't view any of them as sure-fire, elite NBA prospects you'd expect to see atop their rankings.

We have 14 high school seniors currently projected as one-and-done prospects in 2024, which would be a far cry from the 2022 NBA draft (22 one-and-done freshmen selected), as well as 2021 (21). By comparison, this upcoming class currently has 25 one-and-done players projected to be picked in June (although some will likely elect to return to school).

This has been considered a weak incoming freshman class for some time, but the assumption was that reclassifications and late-bloomers would emerge to change the trajectory of the conversation, something that hasn't happened thus far.

The fact that the high school junior class, which will make up a big part of the 2025 NBA draft, also isn't shaping up as a banner group thus far is another concern teams have and could be part of the reason so many future picks have already changed hands. More than half of next year's first-round selections are already slated to be in another team's hands depending on how pick protections unfold, with more likely to change hands this summer and at next year's trade deadline. The same can be said about the rights to 2025 NBA draft first-round picks, the majority of which have changed hands already despite that draft being nearly 2˝ years away. The NBA and the players' union appear nowhere close to coming to terms on eliminating the age limit, so there is no "double draft" with the top college and high school prospects coming in the near future."