Author Topic: Why is the Ringer totally ignoring the Celtics?  (Read 11833 times)

Why is the Ringer totally ignoring the Celtics?
« on: December 06, 2022, 03:13:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Why are the Ringer and other media ignoring the historic Celtics team? There are way more articles about the Lakers, Bulls, Raps, and Jazz. Non of those teams are relevant this year. I find it very strange.

Re: Why is the Ringer totally ignoring the Celtics?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 03:14:33 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Why are you reading The Ringer?

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 03:14:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Haters gonna hate  ;)

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 03:19:58 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
The Ringer has a podcast called Off The Pike which is entirely devoted to Boston area sports and they've discussed the Celtics several times on that. 

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 03:21:39 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
It is very early in the season. If we keep up this level of play, more and more articles will start to bubble up everywhere. I listen to a good amount of The Ringer podcasts, and they are pretty glowing of where the Celtics are at.

If this turns out to be the start of something special, a lot more will come.

Also I think people get a lot more clicks for surprise teams. Think the Jazz playing way above their means, or the Lakers having no future.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 03:52:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Why are you reading The Ringer?

I'm not. I'm looking for articles on the Celtics but they have none!

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 03:55:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The Ringer has a podcast called Off The Pike which is entirely devoted to Boston area sports and they've discussed the Celtics several times on that.

Thanks for the tip!

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 05:13:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
It is very early in the season. If we keep up this level of play, more and more articles will start to bubble up everywhere. I listen to a good amount of The Ringer podcasts, and they are pretty glowing of where the Celtics are at.

Also I think people get a lot more clicks for surprise teams. Think the Jazz playing way above their means, or the Lakers having no future.

That's probably it. I'm so tired of hearing about the Lakers.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 05:17:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Zach Lowe and Brian Windhorst (Hoops Collective) have recently gushed about the Celtics' historic run.

They will never get the same level of coverage as the Lakers, but that is because there are so many Laker fans out there, and it pays the bills. 

The Ringer was founded by Bill Simmons, so I wouldn't worry about the Celtics not getting enough coverage.  He talks about the Celtics more than any NBA team on his podcast.

The Mismatch is a spin off of the Ringer, and Kevin O'Conner, who used to write for CelticsBlog, follows the Celtics pretty well, without undermining their national coverage.

Michael Pena is a huge Celtics fan. He just joined the Ringer from Sports Illustrated. While he hasn't written a feature yet on the Celtics for his new boss, I suspect he has one in the works.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 05:22:59 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

It’s honestly a good sign there isn’t much to write about.  The Celtics’ offense is amazing, which gets press (NBA.com is a fan).  But there are no mock trades to suggest, no trade rumors worth giving too much credence to — there’s nothing to drive daily attention.  The Celtics still have an historically great offense is boring to write about every day.  When TL comes back there will be some news about how he’s fitting in, so give it a week or so.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2022, 05:54:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Zach Lowe and Brian Windhorst (Hoops Collective) have recently gushed about the Celtics' historic run.

They will never get the same level of coverage as the Lakers, but that is because there are so many Laker fans out there, and it pays the bills. 

The Ringer was founded by Bill Simmons, so I wouldn't worry about the Celtics not getting enough coverage.  He talks about the Celtics more than any NBA team on his podcast.

The Mismatch is a spin off of the Ringer, and Kevin O'Conner, who used to write for CelticsBlog, follows the Celtics pretty well, without undermining their national coverage.

Michael Pena is a huge Celtics fan. He just joined the Ringer from Sports Illustrated. While he hasn't written a feature yet on the Celtics for his new boss, I suspect he has one in the works.

Jared Weiss in The Athletic, too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2022, 05:57:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Me complaining and Celtics Strong to the rescue. The blog at its finest.

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2022, 06:01:29 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
BS brings it up practically every POD, Off The Pike and then a few other NBA shows featuring Kevin O’Connor discuss it constantly
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2022, 07:01:15 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

I love listening about how the Lakers have burned the future to the ground haha.

Also it's funny you posted this, and ESPN ran this segment about Boston's offense today: https://youtu.be/bTdIdzwI9mU

Lowe says Boston's offense is the biggest story in the NBA this year haha.
#JKJB

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2022, 08:07:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I listen to the CNLS podcasts .  I like John and Sherrod Garden Report …..there are other links listed to the right of you tube as you listen. Like a dozen different clips from all over .  Or just go to you tube and type in Boston Celtics.    They have links to the special piece of Boston Celtics comments from all the usual big sports names , if they have comments that day .