Author Topic: How Do You watch Celtics Home Games Without NBCSB?  (Read 54814 times)

How Do You watch Celtics Home Games Without NBCSB?
« on: November 12, 2022, 04:20:52 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
A friend just moved to a rental in Boston and his place doesn’t  have NBCSB on whatever they have for cable. I think he got NBA league pass (or something at $5.99/month) but it blacks out home games.

He’s 64 and less computer/tech savvy than me which makes him pretty clueless, so the solution has to be pretty easy to access.   

Thanks for your help.

Re: How Do You watch Celtics Home Games Without NBCSB?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 04:46:43 PM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Unfortunately I don’t think there is a good way - my parents are in a similar boat, and they just don’t watch C’s games that aren’t on national TV.

Maybe NBA TV? But if you don’t have the NBC affiliate I don’t think he’ll have that.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 04:52:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does he know anybody that has NBCSB in their cable package that doesn't livestream games?

Looks like if you download their app, you can stream if you have a log-in:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-live-stream-how-to-watch-games-nbc-sports-boston

It's probably easy enough to share passwords, right?  So, let's say you can access NBCSB in your market, NG.  If you provide your friend with your log-in info for your cable provider, your friend should be able to use that to livestream games.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 04:56:31 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
Ok, I put it off but I have to admit when I'm wrong. I got League Pass this year without having to declare a cable provider. I don't know why I had to in previous years. On one (only one) screen there was a link to sign in to my cable provider, but it did not stop me from using the service as in previous years (including last year). Don't know if anyone cares, but thought I should eat my deserved crow.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 07:25:27 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Does he know anybody that has NBCSB in their cable package that doesn't livestream games?

Looks like if you download their app, you can stream if you have a log-in:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-live-stream-how-to-watch-games-nbc-sports-boston

It's probably easy enough to share passwords, right?  So, let's say you can access NBCSB in your market, NG.  If you provide your friend with your log-in info for your cable provider, your friend should be able to use that to livestream games.

Thanks Roy -- I think I get it and will give it a shot.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 09:53:02 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
i have league pass and a yearly subscription to Nord VPN its an app on my PC. I just turn it on and boom I can stream all the celtics in market games. I'm old and untech savvy but Nord VPN was easy to setup and is a 1 button on solution.
ok fine

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 09:22:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd be careful on password sharing.   Companies are starting to address this matter.  They are getting wise to people doing this and others will follow suit.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/10/17/netflix-password-sharing-profile-transfer/

I use league pass, but I am out of market.  It is also more like 15 dollars a month.

NBA TV doesn't play all games.