Author Topic: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season  (Read 43250 times)

Re: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season
« Reply #375 on: June 13, 2023, 11:23:36 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
VGK Stanley Cup champs! America major league sports with b2b night championship ceremonies at home. Nice.

South Florida teams can kick dirt!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2023, 07:19:06 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Wish we could get a coach like Cassidy!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2023, 07:37:01 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Indeed  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #378 on: June 14, 2023, 09:27:54 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Just unfortunate he was apparently "too mean" to the players though  ::)

The same ones who royally choked in the first round of the postseason this year

This postseason run from both the C's and B's really did reinforce that despite all the talent, both teams are just mentally soft chokers. The C's tend to make deeper runs but I think that's more the set up of the NBA than NHL where there's a bit more parity and unpredictability. They still end up choking during the ECF, or Finals last season.

Thanks for everything Bergeron and Krejci, but we really need to move on and get younger. Build a newer core group to roll with going forward
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #379 on: June 14, 2023, 12:31:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

This postseason run from both the C's and B's really did reinforce that despite all the talent, both teams are just mentally soft chokers. The C's tend to make deeper runs but I think that's more the set up of the NBA than NHL where there's a bit more parity and unpredictability. They still end up choking during the ECF, or Finals last season.

Thanks for everything Bergeron and Krejci, but we really need to move on and get younger. Build a newer core group to roll with going forward

I just don't think that's the case with the Bruins.  They were dealing with a lot of injuries at the wrong time, including one to their most important player, Ullmark.  Bergeron was playing through a herniated disc in his back.  Ullmark's injury was described as "debilitating".  Lindholm played on a broken foot.  Pasta seriously injured his shoulder on the first play of the series.

I think it's tough to call somebody a "mentally soft choker" when they don't perform as well as they could when seriously injured.  A very good, very injured Bruins team ran into a Florida team that was playing exceptionally well, and lost in seven games.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2023, 02:13:00 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I just don't think that's the case with the Bruins.  They were dealing with a lot of injuries at the wrong time, including one to their most important player, Ullmark.  Bergeron was playing through a herniated disc in his back.  Ullmark's injury was described as "debilitating".  Lindholm played on a broken foot.  Pasta seriously injured his shoulder on the first play of the series.

I think it's tough to call somebody a "mentally soft choker" when they don't perform as well as they could when seriously injured.  A very good, very injured Bruins team ran into a Florida team that was playing exceptionally well, and lost in seven games.

Good points, Roy, but to me it also illustrates the near-meaninglessness of the regular season (in basically any sport). The only thing worth ensuring during the regular season is that your record is good enough to get to the postseason; once there, anything can happen. Being the 1 seed or 2 seed doesn't really matter if 1) you stink at home in the playoffs, or 2) you get a bunch of injuries at the wrong time. We just saw a bunch of high seeds go down (Bucks, Cs, Bs), and multiple low seeds advance far (Heat, Lakers, Panthers).

Honestly, it makes me want to not care about the regular season anymore; like, just wake me up when the playoffs are here. I think I'd rather see a struggling regular-season team get hot at the right time (postseason) than watch a team do really well most of the season and then go down in flames in the playoffs.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2023, 02:24:31 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Sure, but with the B's and C's this isn't just a 2023 thing, it's been the case for literally the past decade. Also tbh, Bergeron and a lot of these guys probably should have sat out some games late in the year to prepare for the playoffs. They won't say it publicly, but it's obvious they tried hard to set the regular season wins + points records.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller