Author Topic: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season  (Read 43614 times)

Re: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2023, 10:31:17 PM »

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
Worse than 73-9 Warriors? At least they lost Game 7 in the Finals. This team lost in the opening rounds

For sure. Bruins were up 3-1 in the series too. One of the all-time greatest bottle jobs.

« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2023, 10:32:22 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
One of the worst choke jobs in sports history, one of the biggest disappointments in sports history. They should all retire out of shame. I'm not sure I can ever root for this team again.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2023, 10:32:33 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I'm really hoping for a win tonight; after last night's Celtics game, I can't see another Boston team choke in a closeout game at home.

The good thing about the Bruins is that they rarely crap the bed like the Celtics do.  Game 2 was maybe the worst third period all year, but the team bounced back on the road and has looked ultra-focused.

You might have jinxed it!

Total jinx!

« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2023, 10:34:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Thank god the C’s won Game 6. Could you imagine if they also played a Game 7 this weekend and lost. Oof

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2023, 10:38:18 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Thank god the C’s won Game 6. Could you imagine if they also played a Game 7 this weekend and lost. Oof

If they was to lose a series please don't lose in the opening rounds. Go as far as you possibly can lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #290 on: April 30, 2023, 10:39:53 PM »

• Satch Sanders
First time all season the Bs lost three in a row. Great timing.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2023, 10:41:10 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Worse than 73-9 Warriors? At least they lost Game 7 in the Finals. This team lost in the opening rounds

For sure. Bruins were up 3-1 in the series too. One of the all-time greatest bottle jobs.

2007 Patriots hurt more, but this one will always be the most embarrassing. Bleak times for Boston sports  :'(

« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2023, 10:42:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

They lost 7 games at home all season

They lost 3 in this series alone.

It’s weird how TD Garden isn’t a home ice advantage for them. 1-3 this series at home and feels like they’ve had a ton of heartbreaking, season-ending losses at home. They play better on the road
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2023, 10:44:13 PM »

• Satch Sanders

It’s weird how TD Garden isn’t a home ice advantage for them. 1-3 this series at home and feels like they’ve had a ton of heartbreaking, season-ending losses at home. They play better on the road

I might have to be done with this team. Honestly. I know I'm talking out of emotion right now, but I feel embarrassed to be a Bruins fan.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #294 on: April 30, 2023, 10:55:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I might have to be done with this team. Honestly. I know I'm talking out of emotion right now, but I feel embarrassed to be a Bruins fan.

This seems like a silly overreaction?  Its disappointing, but ho key is random.  The best regular season team almost always falls short.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #295 on: April 30, 2023, 11:00:45 PM »

• Satch Sanders

This seems like a silly overreaction?  Its disappointing, but ho key is random.  The best regular season team almost always falls short.

Maybe, but what I just saw the last three games was pathetic, and I can't stress that enough.

But also, for the last little while I've been questioning my general interest in sports, and why I put myself through all the heartbreak and hassle. Like, is it really worth it? All the time that could be spent on other things, and avoiding SO MUCH annoyance and frustration, which is mostly what I get from following sports.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #296 on: April 30, 2023, 11:01:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Strangely, of the teams with the best regular seasons in NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB history, none won a title.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #297 on: April 30, 2023, 11:03:17 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Strangely, of the teams with the best regular seasons in NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB history, none won a title.

The NFL almost won one.

I hate David Tyree.

« Reply #298 on: April 30, 2023, 11:14:39 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

72’ Dolphins?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #299 on: April 30, 2023, 11:17:32 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
What bothered me is the lack of effort at times during the game. It seemed like they didn’t really want it. The passing was sloppy and the defense, soft. I can live with the loss if they actually played hard the whole time. Really disappointing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 11:26:39 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.