Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 286068 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2022, 08:18:20 AM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
The Lakers have an identity crisis. Their personnel is best suited to play uptempo to avoid the lack of spacing and mediocre defense, but they’re settling for a slow-paced game that doesn’t suit them well.

The Bulls are plagued by the same issue especially when Lonzo’s out.

The Lakers need youth, depth, and the right personnel and coaching to help change the situation. They’ll probably go the other way and add Kyrie after this season.

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2022, 10:44:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The Lakers have an identity crisis. Their personnel is best suited to play uptempo to avoid the lack of spacing and mediocre defense, but they’re settling for a slow-paced game that doesn’t suit them well.

The Lakers need youth, depth, and the right personnel and coaching to help change the situation. They’ll probably go the other way and add Kyrie after this season.
In terms of role players, they had Caruso, KCP, etc and won chip. Been all downhill dysfunction since then. I wonder why.  :laugh:

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2022, 11:20:55 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

In terms of role players, they had Caruso, KCP, etc and won chip. Been all downhill dysfunction since then. I wonder why.  :laugh:

Danny Green, too. Pelenka has done a terrible job since.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2022, 04:51:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yeah the Lakers are surprisingly cheap and terribly run, and have been for a decade. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2022, 05:36:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Yeah the Lakers are surprisingly cheap and terribly run, and have been for a decade.

But won a championship and have 2 top ten players (depending on who you talk to).  Is there another cheap, terribly run franchise in sports that will, nonetheless, win championships?

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2022, 05:45:18 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I don’t particularly like Lebron, but his postgame press conference did make me laugh.

"We're getting great looks, but it could also be teams giving us great looks," James said when asked about the team's woeful shooting night (10-for-40, including a 1-for-17 start) from three-point range. "To be completely honest, we're not a team constructed of great shooting. And that's just what the truth of the matter is. It's not like we're sitting here with a lot of lasers on our team. That doesn't deter us from still trying to get great shots. When you get those opportunities you take them. But we're not sitting here with a bunch of 40-plus [percent] career three-point shooting guys."   

They know they are not good shooting team, but took 40 shots from 3pt. Go figure.  :laugh:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2022, 06:30:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Michael Scotto: Sources: The Minnesota Timberwolves have waived forward Eric Paschall, @hoopshype has learned. In three NBA seasons, Paschall has averaged 9.8 points on 49.4 percent shooting.

Odd.  Wasn’t he on a two-way? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2022, 06:41:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Michael Scotto: Sources: The Minnesota Timberwolves have waived forward Eric Paschall, @hoopshype has learned. In three NBA seasons, Paschall has averaged 9.8 points on 49.4 percent shooting.

I remember seeing this guy a couple of times and thought he was pretty good. He played for the Warriors, right?

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2022, 06:53:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I remember seeing this guy a couple of times and thought he was pretty good. He played for the Warriors, right?

Yes, as well as the Jazz.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2022, 07:13:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I don’t particularly like Lebron, but his postgame press conference did make me laugh.

"We're getting great looks, but it could also be teams giving us great looks," James said when asked about the team's woeful shooting night (10-for-40, including a 1-for-17 start) from three-point range. "To be completely honest, we're not a team constructed of great shooting. And that's just what the truth of the matter is. It's not like we're sitting here with a lot of lasers on our team. That doesn't deter us from still trying to get great shots. When you get those opportunities you take them. But we're not sitting here with a bunch of 40-plus [percent] career three-point shooting guys."   

They know they are not good shooting team, but took 40 shots from 3pt. Go figure.  :laugh:

Is he being sincere here, passive aggressive or something else? Even though it is true I’m not sure his teammates would love being told they are not great shooters.

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2022, 07:37:16 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Is he being sincere here, passive aggressive or something else? Even though it is true I’m not sure his teammates would love being told they are not great shooters.

Both? Lol.  He’s telling the truth, but it seems like a shot at Palenka for constructing the roster the way he did.

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2022, 07:56:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yes, as well as the Jazz.
All time binkie for me coming out of college. Always thought he’d struggle in the NBA with his weird dimensions, but his first couple of seasons gave me hope.

Still think he can play. Not sure he fits the Cs right now, but there are many teams that need desperate bench help. Will probably be a Laker…
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2022, 08:05:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Zion looking good, nets looking bad.

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2022, 08:09:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150