Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 62165 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #540 on: April 28, 2023, 04:00:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jay King: Jayson Tatum on Joe Mazzulla: “He’s been great all season. Just managing personalities, managing games. … His faith in us, our faith in him. I say it all the time, this is like a relationship. We’re all on the same page. … he always finds a way to maintain his poise.”  – via Twitter ByJayKing

But he still preferred Ime.  :D

Doubt it. If he did, he won’t after they win a championship with Joe this year.   :)

Boston Celtics All-Star Jayson Tatum said Saturday that his favorite coach to play for has been Ime Udoka.

I'm not sure that winning a title in spite of Joe will change that.

Well, hopefully someone asks him after they win it all this season.  :laugh:

57 wins in spite of Joe. If they win a title it will be in spite of Joe. Smh.

The Warriors once started the season 24-0 and went 39-4 overall with Luke Walton coaching.

Winning despite poor coaching is a thing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #541 on: April 28, 2023, 04:26:21 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Jay King: Jayson Tatum on Joe Mazzulla: “He’s been great all season. Just managing personalities, managing games. … His faith in us, our faith in him. I say it all the time, this is like a relationship. We’re all on the same page. … he always finds a way to maintain his poise.”  – via Twitter ByJayKing

But he still preferred Ime.  :D

Doubt it. If he did, he won’t after they win a championship with Joe this year.   :)

Boston Celtics All-Star Jayson Tatum said Saturday that his favorite coach to play for has been Ime Udoka.

I'm not sure that winning a title in spite of Joe will change that.

Well, hopefully someone asks him after they win it all this season.  :laugh:

57 wins in spite of Joe. If they win a title it will be in spite of Joe. Smh.

The Warriors once started the season 24-0 and went 39-4 overall with Luke Walton coaching.

Winning despite poor coaching is a thing.

Joe is doing just fine.

The Michael H. Goldberg NBCA Coach of the Year Award is voted on by the head coaches of all 30 teams.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 04:46:47 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #542 on: May 10, 2023, 08:59:45 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Marc Stein: Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown just both earned spots on the three All-NBA teams just announced … meaning that the Boston duo are now eligible for five-year max deals worth a combined $613 million. More NBA from me: marcstein.substack.com 2 hours ago – via Twitter TheSteinLine
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #543 on: May 15, 2023, 11:06:53 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

John Karalis: Tatum: “I love being here, I love getting to put on this uniform. I love being able to play big games, to put on good performances in front of them, & they feed off emotion & energy … I can’t express enough that I just love being here and love playing in front of this crowd.” – via Twitter John_Karalis

Michael Pina: since he entered the nba, no player has scored more points in the playoffs than jayson tatum via Twitter MichaelVPina

« Reply #544 on: May 15, 2023, 11:08:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

John Karalis: Tatum: “I love being here, I love getting to put on this uniform. I love being able to play big games, to put on good performances in front of them, & they feed off emotion & energy … I can’t express enough that I just love being here and love playing in front of this crowd.” – via Twitter John_Karalis

Michael Pina: since he entered the nba, no player has scored more points in the playoffs than jayson tatum via Twitter MichaelVPina

Second stat is insane! Giannis, LeBron & Curry have been omnipresent in the playoffs in that time
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #545 on: May 24, 2023, 02:43:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
StatMuse: Derrick White this postseason: 12.6 PPG, 50.3 FG%, 45.3 3P%, 95.8 FT%. The first player in NBA history with 200+ PTS on 50/45/95% splits in a playoff run.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #546 on: May 24, 2023, 02:48:27 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
StatMuse: Derrick White this postseason: 12.6 PPG, 50.3 FG%, 45.3 3P%, 95.8 FT%. The first player in NBA history with 200+ PTS on 50/45/95% splits in a playoff run.

I’m 100% comfortable with D-White as the starting PG next year. He’s a solid shooter, excellent defender, durable, and I trust his decision making more than I do with Smart. Very unselfish player as well.

« Reply #547 on: May 24, 2023, 02:53:52 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

To piggy back, Tatum is #56 all time in points in the playoffs with 2,170.

« Reply #548 on: May 24, 2023, 03:02:16 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

I’m 100% comfortable with D-White as the starting PG next year. He’s a solid shooter, excellent defender, durable, and I trust his decision making more than I do with Smart. Very unselfish player as well.

He makes as many highlights as Smart but keeps his head on straight. I wonder how good Smart would be if he had played for Pop.

« Reply #549 on: June 08, 2023, 11:21:33 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
This was cute:

Quote from: JT
New spider man movie so good deuce told me “ daddy I think I changed my mind I might want to be spider man when I grow up… but I still want to be you” Good save son, good save!