Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 62618 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #510 on: April 11, 2023, 02:56:46 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Thank god..

Jay King: Jaylen Brown didn’t practice today but won’t have any restrictions heading into Game 1 of the first round, per Joe Mazzulla. Mazzulla said that Marcus Smart (neck) felt good, did live action at practice and will also be ready to go for the first round.  – via Twitter ByJayKing

So good to have a full week to heal physically.  But true for other teams too. 

Are first round games every other day?  When does time between games extend to 2 days?

With Rob and Al especially, extra days will be huge.  I haven't checked stats, but it seems that Al is so much better when he gets extra day off.   

« Reply #511 on: April 11, 2023, 03:07:24 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Thank god..

Jay King: Jaylen Brown didn’t practice today but won’t have any restrictions heading into Game 1 of the first round, per Joe Mazzulla. Mazzulla said that Marcus Smart (neck) felt good, did live action at practice and will also be ready to go for the first round.  – via Twitter ByJayKing

Are first round games every other day?  When does time between games extend to 2 days?

With Rob and Al especially, extra days will be huge.  I haven't checked stats, but it seems that Al is so much better when he gets extra day off.

They haven’t announced the schedule for anything beyond game 1.  I think they’re waiting to see the results of tonight’s games, so that  draws like the Heat and Lakers can be scheduled in an optimal way.  But typically there a multiple days between games for the first 3-4 of a series before speeding up to every other day.

« Reply #512 on: April 11, 2023, 03:39:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Thank god..

They haven’t announced the schedule for anything beyond game 1.  I think they’re waiting to see the results of tonight’s games, so that  draws like the Heat and Lakers can be scheduled in an optimal way.  But typically there a multiple days between games for the first 3-4 of a series before speeding up to every other day.

Last year they had two days off in between games 1 & 2.   Some series had a single day off between games 1 & 2. 

The 17th is both Patriots Day and the date the NHL playoffs are set to start.  Bruins would be set to host games 1 and 2 of their first round series.   I wouldn't be shocked if you end up Bruins on the 17th & Celtics on the 18th or vice versa. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #513 on: April 11, 2023, 04:20:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #514 on: April 11, 2023, 06:04:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
The Timelord is ready...

Bobby Manning: Robert Williams told me he’s feeling good entering the playoffs: “I’m feeling good physically. I’m in a good mindset compared to last year, obviously, going through what I was going through. I’m just anxious, man. I’m just ready to play.”  – via Twitter RealBobManning
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #515 on: April 11, 2023, 06:50:43 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
The Timelord is ready...

Bobby Manning: Robert Williams told me he’s feeling good entering the playoffs: “I’m feeling good physically. I’m in a good mindset compared to last year, obviously, going through what I was going through. I’m just anxious, man. I’m just ready to play.”  – via Twitter RealBobManning

He give his all last year- you should see dude could not Run well- I Am hyped as hell.

« Reply #516 on: April 12, 2023, 03:26:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
First round full schedule is released:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #517 on: April 12, 2023, 03:41:34 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
First round full schedule is released:

It's an opportunity to have double days off early in the series and then possibly close it out in 4 or 5 and have a little time before the 2nd round.  Extra days and fewer games are huge for Al.  Also good Jaylen's finger and for the more injury prone on the team.  Smart has been less 100% and time off might allow for some healing.

« Reply #518 on: April 18, 2023, 08:24:13 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Bobby Manning: Asked Joe Mazzulla about Grant Williams’ DNP. He said the rotation they’re using gives them the best chance to win vs. Atlanta, and they’ll continue to run that. – via Twitter RealBobManning

Jared Weiss: Does Joe Mazzulla like it when his guys miss out on accolades and have a chip on their shoulder? “I’m a big spite guy, so yeah.” As he walked off he said he knows it’s not healthy, but he’s working through it.  – via Twitter JaredWeissNBA
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #519 on: April 20, 2023, 07:44:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Malcolm Brogdon wins Sixth Man of Year award

Shams Charania: Boston Celtics guard Malcolm Brogdon has won the 2022-23 NBA Sixth Man of the Year award. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

« Reply #520 on: April 22, 2023, 11:18:22 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
And this is why many people don’t take JB seriously…  :blank:

During a Game 3 against the Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics All-Star forward Jaylen Brown wore custom-made sneakers with an unusual message written on them. The message read, “Was it really Neismith?” which appears to question whether Dr. James Naismith was the true inventor of basketball. However, the name “Naismith” was misspelled as “Neismith” on the shoes.

https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/1649437089098870784

« Reply #521 on: April 22, 2023, 11:35:56 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

During a Game 3 against the Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics All-Star forward Jaylen Brown wore custom-made sneakers with an unusual message written on them. The message read, “Was it really Neismith?” which appears to question whether Dr. James Naismith was the true inventor of basketball. However, the name “Naismith” was misspelled as “Neismith” on the shoes.

What's the background/implication of JBs sneaker statement?  I like JB both as a player and as a young, interested, engaged American. He wants to be in the fray politically unlike so many youth who are disinterested, avoidant or apathetic.  At 26 I assume he's discovering who he is politically and what his place is as a well-known athlete with a "pulpit" most 26 year olds don't have.  As would be true with many 20-somethings, I'm sure I don't agree with him on everything, but I love that he seems to care and that he's not afraid to speak out.  Conspiracy tendencies worry me, but time will tell I guess in terms of where JB lands from a political perspective.   He should spell better though.

« Reply #522 on: April 22, 2023, 11:55:03 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Maybe he is mixed up with Aaron Nesmith.

« Reply #523 on: April 22, 2023, 12:00:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The Timelord is ready...

Which is why his performance last night game 3 was particularly disappointing. He was a nonfactor.

« Reply #524 on: April 22, 2023, 12:10:51 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

What's the background/implication of JBs sneaker statement?  I like JB both as a player and as a young, interested, engaged American. He wants to be in the fray politically unlike so many youth who are disinterested, avoidant or apathetic.  At 26 I assume he's discovering who he is politically and what his place is as a well-known athlete with a "pulpit" most 26 year olds don't have.  As would be true with many 20-somethings, I'm sure I don't agree with him on everything, but I love that he seems to care and that he's not afraid to speak out.  Conspiracy tendencies worry me, but time will tell I guess in terms of where JB lands from a political perspective.   He should spell better though.
I suspect your reaction would be much different if he was pushing conservative ideas.  Apparently rather than a white guy inventing basketball, he prefers the notion that Naismith somehow culturally appropriated it from a Mayan ballgame.  A ballgame that was associated with ritual sacrifice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_Ballgame
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame

Games were played between two teams of players. The number of players per team could vary, between two to four. Some games were played on makeshift courts for simple recreation while others were formal spectacles on huge stone ballcourts leading to human sacrifice.

Even without human sacrifice, the game could be brutal and there were often serious injuries inflicted by the solid, heavy ball. Today's hip-ulama players are "perpetually bruised"[28] while nearly 500 years ago Spanish chronicler Diego Durán reported that some bruises were so severe that they had to be lanced open. He also reported that players were even killed when the ball "hit them in the mouth or the stomach or the intestines".
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 12:28:43 PM by tazzmaniac »