Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 62231 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #480 on: March 29, 2023, 05:06:38 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I ran into Brad Stevens at Ronald Reagan airport this morning, passing through security.  I was at Washington game last night (sad face emoji).

About the game last night:  "Good thing we have tomorrow to look forward to!"

Also told him I thought he was doing a terrific job, and he thanked me.

Very nice and genuine guy.

That's awesome!

You should have also asked him why we keep chucking up 3s all the time  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #481 on: March 29, 2023, 05:17:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I ran into Brad Stevens at Ronald Reagan airport this morning, passing through security.  I was at Washington game last night (sad face emoji).

That's awesome!

And told him to fire Joe.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #482 on: April 01, 2023, 02:06:09 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/CelticsMuse/status/1641981820085346309

The Celtics have now beaten every team this season at least once.

The last time they did that was the Celtics 2008 Championship season. 👀

« Reply #483 on: April 01, 2023, 02:18:42 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

That's awesome!

It’s a rarity to run into someone like that in a situation that it feels comfortable to talk to them.

Best a got is a mid-80’s moment in a convenience store with DJ.  All I could come up with was “hey DJ”. He nodded.

In the early 90’s my wife and I were seated in a restaurant (I think Charlie’s) next to Kevin Gamble and his date.  I sat about 3 feet from him for an hour and couldn’t bring myself to say a word. As he left I said “good luck tomorrow night (Cs were in the middle of a playoff series)”.  He nodded.

« Reply #484 on: April 01, 2023, 02:51:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Ahead of Boston's game against the Utah Jazz at TD Garden on Friday night, Brogdon was presented with the third annual season-long "Tommy Award," which honors late Celtics legend Tommy Heinsohn by recognizing the C's player who best embodies attributes of hustle, effort, and pride throughout the season.

I think Brogdon is awesome, but how did White not win this?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #485 on: April 01, 2023, 02:51:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

So are we the only team who have not been swept in the regular season this year ???

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #486 on: April 01, 2023, 02:59:21 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

So are we the only team who have not been swept in the regular season this year ???

The Bucks can even the season series against Memphis on Friday.  And Philly can avoid a sweep against us on Tuesday.

« Reply #487 on: April 02, 2023, 11:07:12 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Brown has virtually no incentive to sign this summer without the supermax, as even with the increase to 140 percent, he would be eligible for a similarly structured extension from Boston regardless of award status when he reaches unrestricted free agency in the summer of 2024. All of which means the Celtics need to hope Brown lands one of 15 All-NBA berths this summer to entice an extension. Boston would still be well positioned to retain him over rivals, but an early extension would eliminate a storyline that would linger throughout the 2023-24 season. – via Chris Forsberg @ NBC Sports
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #488 on: April 02, 2023, 12:56:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

That's awesome!

LOL  :)

« Reply #489 on: April 02, 2023, 02:31:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Brown has virtually no incentive to sign this summer without the supermax, as even with the increase to 140 percent, he would be eligible for a similarly structured extension from Boston regardless of award status when he reaches unrestricted free agency in the summer of 2024. All of which means the Celtics need to hope Brown lands one of 15 All-NBA berths this summer to entice an extension. Boston would still be well positioned to retain him over rivals, but an early extension would eliminate a storyline that would linger throughout the 2023-24 season. – via Chris Forsberg @ NBC Sports
him signing as soon as possible would be the ideal situation

« Reply #490 on: April 02, 2023, 03:28:37 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
if the money this summer will be equal to the money next summer,  wouldn't it be prudent for him to sign asap? Yeah he loses the opportunity to shop around,  but we'd have the best offer, and he'd get the security of having that massive contract guaranteed a year early.

It protects him in the event some Hayward-esque catastrophic injury happens next year.

« Reply #491 on: April 02, 2023, 06:28:12 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
if the money this summer will be equal to the money next summer,  wouldn't it be prudent for him to sign asap? Yeah he loses the opportunity to shop around,  but we'd have the best offer, and he'd get the security of having that massive contract guaranteed a year early.

It protects him in the event some Hayward-esque catastrophic injury happens next year.

Yeah too many things can happen, take the generational contract right now

« Reply #492 on: April 02, 2023, 06:50:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Yeah too many things can happen, take the generational contract right now

I would, but my guess is JB is going to bet on himself.

But yeah, as I understand it, the extension is about JB’s 4 year home team max.  That’s the most he can get over four years if he misses All-NBA, and the most he can make if he’s traded.  It’s less than he’d make if he signs in Boston and signs elsewhere.

I’d take the close to best case scenario, guaranteed.

« Reply #493 on: April 02, 2023, 07:23:55 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think Jaylen's going to take the gamble even if he doesn't make All-NBA this year. The C's can offer more, but still, there's a 100M difference between not making it and making it, whereas there's only about a 30M difference if it's between Boston or another team.

I don't think the 30M will matter much IF Jaylen really sours on Boston after next season and thinks there's a better opportunity elsewhere.

Now it's still better for us that we can now offer more than other teams outright, but we still probably need to hope Jaylen makes 3rd team All-NBA. If he goes, I predict he'll sign the 5/290M extension this offseason (if offered by the C's)

« Reply #494 on: April 02, 2023, 09:42:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
He also can and has the right to test the market out. But we don't know what he might think either. If C's fail to win, then he'll want to jump ship and want to play alpha for a new team. That's when the C's need to start shopping him around

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)