Author Topic: Pickle ball is just dumb.  (Read 72092 times)

Re: Pickle ball is just dumb.
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2023, 08:36:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I fell asleep just reading this thread .

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2023, 08:39:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
According to Nielsen live-plus-same-day data, the matchup of four grizzled tennis greats made short work of much of last week’s TV sports lineup, topping no fewer than 79 broadcast and cable telecasts among members of the adults 18-49 demo. Featuring a pair of singles matches and a doubles showdown pitting Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick against John McEnroe and Michael Chang, ESPN’s coverage of the Pickleball Slam averaged 237,000 adults under 50, tying TNT’s Bruins-Blues game as Sunday’s fifth highest-rated sporting event.

Thirty-five percent of the Slam audience fell in with the 18-49 set, which is a favorable ratio for a Sunday afternoon in early April. By comparison, only 15% of the people who watch broadcast TV in primetime are part of the target demo.

The Slam also tied the aforementioned Bruins-Blues telecast for fifth place among adults 25-54, drawing just shy of 280,000 viewers in that demo.

When viewed within the context of the entire programming week (March 27-April 2), the Slam out-delivered 13 nationally televised MLB games, seven NBA matchups and five NHL games. The exhibition also beat out a mixed bag of international soccer matches, including airings from the Premier League, Liga MX, Bundesliga and MLS, while running roughshod over the week’s selection of XFL games.

That’s really surprising. Fun activity, but terrible to watch. Regardless of who is playing. I don’t understand why people would prefer watching pickleball over tennis, which actually requires athleticism.

I’ve got to admit, I’d watch for a few minutes to see Agassi play.  Pure nostalgia factor.   

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2023, 08:42:24 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
I live in Palm Springs..

out here its the best thang since sliced bread...

*sippin*

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2023, 09:50:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
According to Nielsen live-plus-same-day data, the matchup of four grizzled tennis greats made short work of much of last week’s TV sports lineup, topping no fewer than 79 broadcast and cable telecasts among members of the adults 18-49 demo. Featuring a pair of singles matches and a doubles showdown pitting Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick against John McEnroe and Michael Chang, ESPN’s coverage of the Pickleball Slam averaged 237,000 adults under 50, tying TNT’s Bruins-Blues game as Sunday’s fifth highest-rated sporting event.

Thirty-five percent of the Slam audience fell in with the 18-49 set, which is a favorable ratio for a Sunday afternoon in early April. By comparison, only 15% of the people who watch broadcast TV in primetime are part of the target demo.

The Slam also tied the aforementioned Bruins-Blues telecast for fifth place among adults 25-54, drawing just shy of 280,000 viewers in that demo.

When viewed within the context of the entire programming week (March 27-April 2), the Slam out-delivered 13 nationally televised MLB games, seven NBA matchups and five NHL games. The exhibition also beat out a mixed bag of international soccer matches, including airings from the Premier League, Liga MX, Bundesliga and MLS, while running roughshod over the week’s selection of XFL games.
I always do   8)

That's why they call you "the king"  :laugh:
that they do

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2023, 06:47:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I live in Palm Springs..

out here its the best thang since sliced bread...

*sippin*

Old white folks playing with Dey pickles.    ;D

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2023, 12:48:47 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
In the market for a new pair of casual sneakers, I went to the Skechers site.

https://www.skechers.com/men/

I don't know if you'll see what I see, but I see "Skechers Pickleball" and pro player Tyson McGuffin and "official footwear of the US Open Pickleball Championship" which if I didn't know better would think is Dodgeball-like spoof, and a whole Men's Pickleball section of shoes.

Wow.  Who know's maybe instead of "tennis shoes" future generations will know them as "pickleball shoes."

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2023, 08:12:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
In the market for a new pair of casual sneakers, I went to the Skechers site.

https://www.skechers.com/men/

I don't know if you'll see what I see, but I see "Skechers Pickleball" and pro player Tyson McGuffin and "official footwear of the US Open Pickleball Championship" which if I didn't know better would think is Dodgeball-like spoof, and a whole Men's Pickleball section of shoes.

Wow.  Who know's maybe instead of "tennis shoes" future generations will know them as "pickleball shoes."

Yuk….Old folks shoes ….about same technical build level as Big Baller shoe brand ,  made for fad appeal of a certain target audience. , not for serious foot support .