Author Topic: Fantasy FB advice thread  (Read 71228 times)

Re: Fantasy FB advice thread
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2022, 07:19:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm in a tough matchup in Week 4 where every point is going to count.

Which is the best defensive play?

Packers vs. Patriots
Eagles vs. Jaguars
Steelers vs. Jets

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2022, 08:21:53 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Packers vs. Patriots
Eagles vs. Jaguars
Steelers vs. Jets

At this point, I might play the Pack!. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2022, 08:39:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Packers vs. Patriots
Eagles vs. Jaguars
Steelers vs. Jets
definitely not the Eagles.  Jags offensive is clicking.  I'd probably go with the Packers especially since it looks like Mac isn't going to play and the Packers have a really good defense, but it is really hard to not pick the team playing the Jets.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2022, 08:44:49 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Packers vs. Patriots
Eagles vs. Jaguars
Steelers vs. Jets
definitely not the Eagles.  Jags offensive is clicking.  I'd probably go with the Packers especially since it looks like Mac isn't going to play and the Packers have a really good defense, but it is really hard to not pick the team playing the Jets.

Haha.  Pretty much my analysis.  There are reasons to play all three, and reasons not to.

I'm leaning toward the Packers, but also think that BB might just play ultra-conservative.  I think GB will give up the fewest points -- easily -- but don't know if they'll rack up sacks and INTs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2022, 02:09:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
My office league I'm loaded with RB's

Kamara, Fournette, Walker, Dobbins, Pollard, Eno Benjamin

I can start 2 and then 1 at flex, which I've been doing.

I was offered the following trade

Russell Wilson/Rashod Bateman for Kenneth Walker/Teddy Bridgewater (teddy is getting cut by me or this guy if he acquires him)

My main QB is Kirk Cousins and my WR's are Terry McLaurin, Alec Pierce, Allen Robinson, Robert Woods

It is an ESPN league with their standard scoring

So the question I'm struggling with is, is Wilson going to be better than Cousins going forward?  Thus far this season, Cousins is scoring 16.3 ppg while Wilson is at 14.6 ppg, but historically Wilson has obviously been better.  Bateman isn't good enough to consistently start for me, so he'd just go to the bench most games (I currently have Walker as my flex as Dobbins hasn't played well, but there probably isn't much loss in going from Walker to Dobbins).

So is Wilson worth taking the flyer on?  I'm leaning toward no, but the proposal is making think about it.

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2022, 06:37:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Russell Wilson/Rashod Bateman for Kenneth Walker/Teddy Bridgewater (teddy is getting cut by me or this guy if he acquires him)

My main QB is Kirk Cousins and my WR's are Terry McLaurin, Alec Pierce, Allen Robinson, Robert Woods

So the question I'm struggling with is, is Wilson going to be better than Cousins going forward?  Thus far this season, Cousins is scoring 16.3 ppg while Wilson is at 14.6 ppg, but historically Wilson has obviously been better.  Bateman isn't good enough to consistently start for me, so he'd just go to the bench most games (I currently have Walker as my flex as Dobbins hasn't played well, but there probably isn't much loss in going from Walker to Dobbins).

So is Wilson worth taking the flyer on?  I'm leaning toward no, but the proposal is making think about it.
I wouldn't, because Kenneth Walker will be really good for the rest of the season, and I have no faith in Wilson to be a top QB this year
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2022, 07:34:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I wouldn't, because Kenneth Walker will be really good for the rest of the season, and I have no faith in Wilson to be a top QB this year

Agreed with goukii.  Wilson has been quite weak this year.  I'd go with Cousins.

Is Watson still available in your league?  Any chance you can pick him up instead of Bridgewater, and try to ride things out?

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2022, 07:55:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Agreed with goukii.  Wilson has been quite weak this year.  I'd go with Cousins.

Is Watson still available in your league?  Any chance you can pick him up instead of Bridgewater, and try to ride things out?
he is and I may do that after this week since Cousins is on bye and I need a QB

And I know Walker will be good, I'm just looking really good at RB at moment so trying to cash in.

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2022, 11:05:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I had Kyle Pitts, and it's looking like he's out for the rest of the season.

Pick two:

Mike Gesicki
Tyler Conklin
Greg Dulcich

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2022, 08:17:05 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Would you do this trade?

Jaylen Waddle + Greg Dulcich for Mark Andrews

For WRs, I have Davonte Adams and DeAndre Hopkins, with Beckham and Schuster off the bench.  My flex is going to be a RB every week (Barkley, McCaffrey, and Taylor).

Waddle is more productive than Andrews, but I'm in a pretty tight 3-team race and not having a competent TE is  dangerous.

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2022, 09:25:24 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Would you do this trade?

Jaylen Waddle + Greg Dulcich for Mark Andrews

For WRs, I have Davonte Adams and DeAndre Hopkins, with Beckham and Schuster off the bench.  My flex is going to be a RB every week (Barkley, McCaffrey, and Taylor).

Waddle is more productive than Andrews, but I'm in a pretty tight 3-team race and not having a competent TE is  dangerous.

I wouldn't. As much as I love getting high upside WRs, the most valuable players in fantasy football right now are Kelce and Andrews. Their points above replacement tes is much higher than Waddle's over wrs, and they are so much more reliable than any other tes.

I have one also. We run a 3wr, 2rb, and flex league.
My rbs are: Stevenson, Taylor, Dalvin Cook
My Wrs are: Adams, Lamb, Samuel, Gabe Davis

I'm tempted to start Davis over Samuel as my WR3 because the matchup is so good, but should I consider starting them both and benching Lamb or Adams? I'm also tempted to bench Cook or Stevenson and start them both. What do you think?

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2022, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I wouldn't bench Lamb or Adams.  There's too much risk of leaving a 25 point performance on the bench. 

That leaves picking two of Stevenson, Davis and Samuel.  I don't think you can go wrong, really, but I think I'd gamble with Davis and Samuel.

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2022, 10:04:42 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I wouldn't bench Lamb or Adams.  There's too much risk of leaving a 25 point performance on the bench. 

That leaves picking two of Stevenson, Davis and Samuel.  I don't think you can go wrong, really, but I think I'd gamble with Davis and Samuel.

That's how I'm leaning. Stevenson has been incredibly consistent, and I fully expect a 12-15 point PPR performance again. But with Harris back healthy and looking peppy and the NE offense looking anemic, I tend to think Stevenson's ceiling is pretty capped.

My only pause is on Samuel. The 49ers just have so many weapons now. Samuel used to get the ball 8 times a game and could score any time he touched it, but Aiyuk and McCaffrey are both coming on. It just feels like his floor is a bit lower than it used to be.

This feels like a big Gabe Davis day, but we will see.

Let me know what you decide on the Andrews deal. I have him in my league and am curious what other managers are doing with him.

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2022, 08:51:46 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I have Lamar as my only QB and he is going to miss at least the Steelers game

Who do I sign from free agency?

Tannehill against the Jags
Brady against the Niners
Huntley against the Steelers
Mac against the Cardinals

Some other options, but those seem like the 4 best (those are the opponents this week, but Lamar could obviously miss more than just 1 week)

I'm leaning towards Tannehill, but I could also see that being a mostly Derrick Henry game, limiting Tannehill's points.  The Niners is what is causing me concern with Brady, that defense is stout and the Bucs line has been bad (and you get negative points for sacks).  Huntley and Mac both have the potential to have big games, but they could also both flame out. 

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2022, 09:41:12 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I have Lamar as my only QB and he is going to miss at least the Steelers game

Who do I sign from free agency?

Tannehill against the Jags
Brady against the Niners
Huntley against the Steelers
Mac against the Cardinals

Some other options, but those seem like the 4 best (those are the opponents this week, but Lamar could obviously miss more than just 1 week)

I'm leaning towards Tannehill, but I could also see that being a mostly Derrick Henry game, limiting Tannehill's points.  The Niners is what is causing me concern with Brady, that defense is stout and the Bucs line has been bad (and you get negative points for sacks).  Huntley and Mac both have the potential to have big games, but they could also both flame out.

Gotta go with Brady, best receivers (despite underachieving) and coming off a game which potentially turns their season around.