Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 115241 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2022, 04:14:12 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Would be the most Falcons thing if they blew a 26-10 4th quarter lead to Jameis Winston

Falcons choked, lose 27-26 to the Saints at home. The Atlanta curse continues

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2022, 04:54:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
That Steelers-Bengals game was INSANE. WOW.

Also Colts-Texans ending in a tie. Lol. I agree with others, lot of weird scores and games in Week 1 but that's probably because it is Week 1 and many teams look rusty. Hell, the Lions nearly beat the Eagles too today.

The sad part though? Of all the teams that have played their games with final scores, you know the team who scored the least number of points? New England at 7...  :-\
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2022, 07:03:46 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Also Colts-Texans ending in a tie. Lol. I agree with others, lot of weird scores and games in Week 1 but that's probably because it is Week 1 and many teams look rusty. Hell, the Lions nearly beat the Eagles too today.

The sad part though? Of all the teams that have played their games with final scores, you know the team who scored the least number of points? New England at 7...  :-\

Insanely bad, I would say, lol. Cincinnati had 5 turnovers and still almost won, probably should've won, but the Pittsburgh offense was terrible, and the Steelers kept committing penalties that kept Cincy alive. Gonna be a long season for Trubisky and Co., I think, despite their win today. And the Bengals had like 5 guys get hurt, including Mixon, Higgins, Boyd, and their long-snapper, so the early part of the season could be rough for them, too.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2022, 07:27:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Good to Saquan Barkley looking like he's back.  Crazy win for the Giants.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2022, 07:50:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Insanely bad, I would say, lol. Cincinnati had 5 turnovers and still almost won, probably should've won, but the Pittsburgh offense was terrible, and the Steelers kept committing penalties that kept Cincy alive. Gonna be a long season for Trubisky and Co., I think, despite their win today. And the Bengals had like 5 guys get hurt, including Mixon, Higgins, Boyd, and their long-snapper, so the early part of the season could be rough for them, too.

Yeah true. I could not believe McPherson missed that 29 yard chip shot in OT
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2022, 08:06:14 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Crazy statistic is that Tom Brady is only roughly 2,500 yards away from 100,000 total career passing yards (regular & playoffs). For a comparison, the next closest active quarterback is Aaron Rodgers with 61,000.

Given how much modern QB’s rely on their legs, I wonder if this becomes a John Stockton like (unbreakable) record.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2022, 08:19:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Crazy statistic is that Tom Brady is only roughly 2,500 yards away from 100,000 total career passing yards (regular & playoffs). For a comparison, the next closest active quarterback is Aaron Rodgers with 61,000.

Given how much modern QB’s rely on their legs, I wonder if this becomes a John Stockton like (unbreakable) record.
Almost all of Brady's records will be like Wilt Chamberlain rebounding and scoring records. No one is coming near them ever.

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2022, 08:41:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So far Brady looks like he's still playing like he's 25 at age 45...throwing lasers and darts to Chris Godwin and Mike Evans

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2022, 09:04:37 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

In today's world where QBs can make $50 million a year, I doubt we ever see a star QB play past 40 again. It'd frankly be dumb to. Brady is just a maniac who is obsessed with football to the point it looks like it is actively harming his marriage and (probably) lifespan.

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2022, 09:07:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Man, Cris Collinsworth sounds very sick
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2022, 09:25:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Almost all of Brady's records will be like Wilt Chamberlain rebounding and scoring records. No one is coming near them ever.
That is probably true, but given how much the game has changed, I don't know that will necessarily be true.  It will take a guy to play a lot of years, but they won't need as many as Brady as they will have bigger per game numbers.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2022, 09:34:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That is probably true, but given how much the game has changed, I don't know that will necessarily be true.  It will take a guy to play a lot of years, but they won't need as many as Brady as they will have bigger per game numbers.
It would take someone 20 years of 5000 total yards (playoffs included) to reach 100k. Not sure that's possible
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2022, 09:45:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It would take someone 20 years of 5000 total yards (playoffs included) to reach 100k. Not sure that's possible
It's a bad take by Mo.

The numbers are so overwhelmingly high that, like you said, we're talking 20 completely healthy years of elite performance and elite playoff performance. Brady has almost 14,000 yards thrown in the playoffs. That's not easy, especially if the team isn't making the playoffs while the player is putting up huge regular season numbers.

Just look at Manning or Brees. HUGE passing numbers in the regular season. 18 years and 20 years respectively. Manning with just 7400 yards and Brees just 5400 yards in the playoffs.

Brady's numbers will never be seen again.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 09:51:02 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2022, 10:20:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It's a bad take by Mo.

The numbers are so overwhelmingly high that, like you said, we're talking 20 completely healthy years of elite performance and elite playoff performance. Brady has almost 14,000 yards thrown in the playoffs. That's not easy, especially if the team isn't making the playoffs while the player is putting up huge regular season numbers.

Just look at Manning or Brees. HUGE passing numbers in the regular season. 18 years and 20 years respectively. Manning with just 7400 yards and Brees just 5400 yards in the playoffs.

You’re probably right, but one thing that will help a future QB:  an extra regular season game, and an extra team qualifying for the playoffs.  The path is easier to put up stats now.  It’s still incredibly unlikely anybody passes Brady.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2022, 10:41:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It's a bad take by Mo.

You’re probably right, but one thing that will help a future QB:  an extra regular season game, and an extra team qualifying for the playoffs.  The path is easier to put up stats now.  It’s still incredibly unlikely anybody passes Brady.
I was thinking of someone like Mahomes who currently averages 301.4 yards a game.  Brady's at 265.8.  That is a lot of extra yards per game, and Mahomes has played in 11 playoff games in his 4 years as a starter (he played 1 game as a rookie), so he gets a lot of those (and he is at 307.4 yards per game in the playoffs).  Mahomes in 4 years + 1 game as a rookie has 22,372 total yards or 5,593 a year, so that is just under 18 years (total) at that rate to hit 100k, and as you've said they recently added a game (and he had another 360 today which aren't in those numbers).  I don't know if Mahomes will play long enough, but someone might and they are putting up huge numbers and most of the top guys plays immediately as rookies.  I mean Herbert had 4336 as a 22 year old rookie and 5014 in his second year.  The passing numbers are just insane these days. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 10:57:24 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip