Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 118139 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2022, 08:12:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Lot of fun games today. Many games going down to the wire
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2022, 08:15:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yep, good day for football fans (as long as you aren't a Browns, Ravens, or Raiders supporter)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2022, 08:20:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Yep, good day for football fans (as long as you aren't a Browns, Ravens, or Raiders supporter)

Thank god there are no ravens fans here

« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2022, 08:23:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Josh McDaniels' Raiders blew a 20-0 first half lead to the Cardinals at home...yikes.

What's with all these teams mounting comebacks or big comebacks today? Miami, Jets, Atlanta (nearly), Washington (almost) Arizona
Just two preseason games where most starters played little and now just two games into the season. A few years back the preseason would just be getting over. Starters would have had at least two to three whole games to get up to speed.

Now getting up to speed is happening during the season and lo and behold, we are seeing some wonky things happening. Doesn't surprise me in the least. And, it's why I have put off making definitive opinions about any team, right now. I think we might need to be 5-6 weeks into the season before we can conclude just who is good and who isn't.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 08:43:37 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2022, 08:40:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Thank god there are no ravens fans here

« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2022, 08:41:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Very strange day.  Ravens blow a 21 point 4th quarter lead and that wasn't even the worst choke job on the day because of the Browns blowing a 13 point lead with under 2 minutes left.  Bengals look awful for most the day against the Cowboys, come back and tie it up, have the ball under 2 minutes, but get stuffed and let Cooper Rush lead a Cowboys drive to win it at the buzzer with a 50 yard FG.  The Raiders blow a 20 point lead as the Cardinals tie it up at the end of regulation by hitting a 2 point conversion after a penalty and then winning in OT.  Trey Lance goes down and in steps Jimmy G looking awesome.  Bucs and Saints scored 6 points through 3 quarters before an offensive explosion in the 4th.  And perhaps the most shocking score, the Jaguars blanking the Colts 24-0.  Just a weird day.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2022, 08:51:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Very strange day.  Ravens blow a 21 point 4th quarter lead and that wasn't even the worst choke job on the day because of the Browns blowing a 13 point lead with under 2 minutes left.  Bengals look awful for most the day against the Cowboys, come back and tie it up, have the ball under 2 minutes, but get stuffed and let Cooper Rush lead a Cowboys drive to win it at the buzzer with a 50 yard FG.  The Raiders blow a 20 point lead as the Cardinals tie it up at the end of regulation by hitting a 2 point conversion after a penalty and then winning in OT.  Trey Lance goes down and in steps Jimmy G looking awesome.  Bucs and Saints scored 6 points through 3 quarters before an offensive explosion in the 4th.  And perhaps the most shocking score, the Jaguars blanking the Colts 24-0.  Just a weird day.

There's definitely been a lot of surprises to start the season and it's only Week 2. I know people sometimes joke or even mock Belichick when he calls September "an extension of the preseason", but I don't really disagree either. Look at the first two weeks. Do you look at any team currently and think, "wow they are so dominant" or "wow they are perfect, no errors or flaws". Every team is still figuring some things out. I think having one less preseason game also affects this as @nick said above. And you have the extra playoff spot now + extra game in the season.

« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2022, 05:03:59 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
First 2 weeks been wild!!! My Bengals are 0-2 but should be 2-0 🤬…I alway said that first 3 weeks are unpredictable in NFL
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2022, 06:31:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Pretty bad take here:

Jay King @ByJayKing
4 days ago
I’m sick of everyone acting like Justin Herbert is the toughest guy ever. He could have walked one more yard for a first down and refused to do it because he couldn’t summon the courage. He threw a dart a play later but very clearly wouldn’t commit to doing anything truly painful

Until you’re the guy out there with fractured ribs, it’s probably best to keep your mouth shut.  It hurts to breath, let alone throw a football and potentially get hit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2022, 07:03:07 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Pretty bad take here:

Jay King @ByJayKing
4 days ago
I’m sick of everyone acting like Justin Herbert is the toughest guy ever. He could have walked one more yard for a first down and refused to do it because he couldn’t summon the courage. He threw a dart a play later but very clearly wouldn’t commit to doing anything truly painful

Until you’re the guy out there with fractured ribs, it’s probably best to keep your mouth shut.  It hurts to breath, let alone throw a football and potentially get hit.

I'm not criticizing Herbert, but I did think it strange that he basically could've walked for a first down on that one play but didn't—he needed to take only 3 or 4 more steps, and there wasn't a defender within 20 feet. And then he stayed in the game, which surprised me, because of how hurt he seemed to be on the previous play. ::shrug::
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2022, 08:04:12 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Pretty bad take here:

Jay King @ByJayKing
4 days ago

I'm not criticizing Herbert, but I did think it strange that he basically could've walked for a first down on that one play but didn't—he needed to take only 3 or 4 more steps, and there wasn't a defender within 20 feet. And then he stayed in the game, which surprised me, because of how hurt he seemed to be on the previous play. ::shrug::

One of those psychological factors in the game probably. Getting hit in the ribs is tough so it may have affected his thought process all while performing in the middle of 4th quarter.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2022, 08:13:20 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Mike Evans suspended Week 3 after instigating (or being the main problem of) the brawl with Marshon Lattimore.

Will be huge as they lose their best WR against the visiting Green Bay Packers. Most likely chalk that up as a loss for the Bucs, esp if Jones and Godwin aren't also ready to go.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 08:23:23 PM by SparzWizard »

« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2022, 10:06:11 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
First 2 weeks been wild!!! My Bengals are 0-2 but should be 2-0 🤬…I alway said that first 3 weeks are unpredictable in NFL

Funny, last week it was the entire AFC South who didn't win a game. Now the entire AFC North didn't win a game in Week 2.  ;D

« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2022, 10:48:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Pretty bad take here:

Jay King @ByJayKing
4 days ago

If he punctures a lung diving or getting hit, would it have been worth it?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2022, 11:30:53 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Pretty bad take here:

Jay King @ByJayKing
4 days ago

If he punctures a lung diving or getting hit, would it have been worth it?

To these meatheads who think athletes should play through injuries, yes.  Fortunately we've started to see more pushback on that mindset as time has gone on.