Author Topic: Best Sitcoms all time?  (Read 8655 times)

Re: Best Sitcoms all time?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2022, 02:51:38 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
How does Community rank on CelticsStrong

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2022, 04:28:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Always Sunny is by far my favourite.

Closely followed by Arrested Development, Curb, Peep Show, The Inbetweeners, UK Office (US one was also good for the first handful of seasons), The Simpsons & Bob's Burgers (if we include animation), Community.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2022, 06:43:20 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Always Sunny is by far my favourite.

Closely followed by Arrested Development, Curb, Peep Show, The Inbetweeners, UK Office (US one was also good for the first handful of seasons), The Simpsons & Bob's Burgers (if we include animation), Community.

Always Sunny is top 10.  Community was a good watch but I’d put it about even with New Girl, Parks and Rec, and Friends - good but not on my best list.  Honorable mentions to best list: Odd Couple, F Troop, News Radio, Louie, Bob N, Get Smart.

I think my top 10 is: Seinfeld, Arrested, Curb, Taxi, Always Sunny, Soap, Andy, MaryTM, DickVD, All in the Family.

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2022, 07:19:55 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Guys like us , we had it made …..

Those were the Days …..

Aw gesssss…..would ya Stifle yourself Edith !

Sanford and Son      ….second place …..I watch reruns a lot

Gilligan  ,  Munsters ,  F Troop , Three’s Company , Married with Children,  Jefferson’s  , Cheers ,Gomer Pyle ,  Honeymooners , Beverly Hillbillies,  Hogans Heroes, MASH
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 07:44:03 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2022, 07:28:13 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
At the ripe old age of the other side of 50, I'm not sure I can put together a list because there is just too many.  here's a list from just this year ranking the top 100:  https://www.pastemagazine.com/tv/the-100-best-tv-sitcoms-of-all-time/

It's funny, BBT comes in at 96, I would have put it much higher.  It had content, ratings, and staying power.  I can certainly see Cheers at #1, but where is Home Improvement?  It knocked Seinfeld out a timeslot and to a new day when it came out.

Otherwise, most I'd expect to find are there.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2022, 08:45:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
haven't seen these mentioned yet but a couple of my favorites: Scrubs and That 70's Show. 

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2022, 08:46:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
At the ripe old age of the other side of 50, I'm not sure I can put together a list because there is just too many.  here's a list from just this year ranking the top 100:  https://www.pastemagazine.com/tv/the-100-best-tv-sitcoms-of-all-time/

It's funny, BBT comes in at 96, I would have put it much higher.  It had content, ratings, and staying power.  I can certainly see Cheers at #1, but where is Home Improvement?  It knocked Seinfeld out a timeslot and to a new day when it came out.

I briefly scanned that top-100 list, and there were a lot of great shows I used to watch that slipped my mind.  Family Ties and Happy Days were definitely wholesome comedy that I grew up watching.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2022, 09:03:58 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Some older shows that I use to watch all the time:
I Love Lucy
The Honeymooners
All in the Family
Sanford and Son
Good Times

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2022, 09:42:19 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
How does Community rank on CelticsStrong

I think we are a very strong community!  BTW, I liked Community.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2022, 11:09:13 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Fawlty Towers was very funny....

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2022, 11:33:25 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
I know I'm alone on an island with this one, but I find Seinfeld extremely obnoxious; However, I LOVE Curb Your Enthusiasm.

That 70's Show is probably my #1. Never saw a bad episode until season 8 when Eric left and the show took a nosedive.

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2022, 12:00:33 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

I briefly scanned that top-100 list, and there were a lot of great shows I used to watch that slipped my mind.  Family Ties and Happy Days were definitely wholesome comedy that I grew up watching.

Remember Chuck from Happy Days?  He was Richie's older brother, then one season he was gone and there was no longer a mention of him.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2022, 12:41:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
A lot of great comedies. But Modern Family has to be near the top for me. Until the end when the kids got too old to be cute.

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2022, 02:47:04 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
favs

Cheers
Frasier (S1-7, before Niles and Daphne got together and it became a mess)

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2022, 03:20:50 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

Remember Chuck from Happy Days?  He was Richie's older brother, then one season he was gone and there was no longer a mention of him.

Chuck was a pretty underwhelming/ rarely seen character in those early episodes, but those were also the best episodes of the series. When the series started going down the catch phrase road it devolved significantly, eventually ending with shark-jumping.  Very good first season though.

I also felt that MASH was a solid sitcom in its first seasons eventually evolving into something not nearly as funny.  First couple of seasons were solid sitcom.