Author Topic: 2022-23 College Football Thread  (Read 39657 times)

Re: 2022-23 College Football Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2022, 09:06:13 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
#7 Utah on upset alert.

Also big credit to ND, they showed up to play. Currently up on #2 Ohio State
Really don’t see Utah as a upset..SEC is no doubt the king of college and all teams are very good except Vandy & Missouri..I alway hate these preseason rankings cause usually it’s same old teams
Florida is a middle-of-the-road SEC team but playing in the swamp is one of the most difficult places to play.  Vandy has 2 wins already which matched their win total from last season. 

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2022, 10:19:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
My Bearcats hanging in.  Certainly a better gam than that Oregon debacle

Wait you’re a Bearcats fan?? For some reason I thought you were an Ohio State fan this whole time lol
Oh I'm a Buckeye fan my whole life, but I graduated from Cincinnati, so I root for them as well.
In a hypothetical Bearcats vs Buckeyes matchup who are you rooting for?
I would have rooted for Ohio State if they played in the playoffs last year, but wouldn't have been too sad if UC won.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2022, 11:37:49 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
My ODU Monarchs beat the over rated Va Tech Hokies  ;D

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2022, 11:53:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Great finish in the game tonight.  FSU leads 24-17 and punts the ball to LSU with like 2 minutes 15 seconds left.  LSU muffs the return and FSU recovers and has 1st and goal from 8.  FSU gets down to the 1 and fumbles on 3rd down, which LSU recovers with just over a minute left.  LSU marches 99 yards in that time and scores a TD with no time left on the clock only to have FSU block the extra point to win 24-23. 

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2022, 01:27:31 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Great finish in the game tonight.  FSU leads 24-17 and punts the ball to LSU with like 2 minutes 15 seconds left.  LSU muffs the return and FSU recovers and has 1st and goal from 8.  FSU gets down to the 1 and fumbles on 3rd down, which LSU recovers with just over a minute left.  LSU marches 99 yards in that time and scores a TD with no time left on the clock only to have FSU block the extra point to win 24-23.
The regular season of college football is the best.  Almost anything can happen.  One more game tomorrow. 

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2022, 11:35:16 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

That game was insane. Last 5 seconds took like a half an hour in real time with all the replays, timeouts, etc.

Also is there any game to look forward to next week? Maybe USC-Stanford, BYU-Notre Dame? That feels about it. Idk, maybe Texas surprises us and makes it competitive against Alabama? Idk
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2022, 03:03:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

That game was insane. Last 5 seconds took like a half an hour in real time with all the replays, timeouts, etc.

Also is there any game to look forward to next week? Maybe USC-Stanford, BYU-Notre Dame? That feels about it. Idk, maybe Texas surprises us and makes it competitive against Alabama? Idk
it is Baylor vs. BYU  not Notre Dame.  USC is at Stanford.  That could be interesting.  Kentucky vs. Florida will be ranked vs. ranked. Pitt vs. Tennessee and Washington St. vs. Wisconsin could be solid games.

Overall not much national interest type games like week 1, so just look forward to NFL.

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2022, 04:21:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

it is Baylor vs. BYU  not Notre Dame.  USC is at Stanford.  That could be interesting.  Kentucky vs. Florida will be ranked vs. ranked. Pitt vs. Tennessee and Washington St. vs. Wisconsin could be solid games.

Overall not much national interest type games like week 1, so just look forward to NFL.
Texas and Alabama are two of the schools with the largest national following. The game could be great, it could be a blowout. But it's national interest will be huge.

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2022, 06:36:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Texas and Alabama are two of the schools with the largest national following. The game could be great, it could be a blowout. But it's national interest will be huge.
I don't think many casual fans will watch that because I don't think anyone thinks it will be a good game.  Now if Texas stays in the game for awhile it get a lot more interest.

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2022, 07:52:15 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I don't think many casual fans will watch that because I don't think anyone thinks it will be a good game.  Now if Texas stays in the game for awhile it get a lot more interest.
A Bama beatdown of Texas would be a very enjoyable game. 

To the games listed so far, I'd add App State versus Texas A&M.  The North Carolina versus App State game this week was nuts.  63 to 61 North Carolina win in regulation with 66 total points scored in the 4th. 

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2022, 04:41:31 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Oh my bad, idk why I thought BYU-Notre Dame was this week and next month was Baylor-BYU lol.

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2022, 02:51:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Dabo signs a 10 year 115 million extension with Clemson, though the buyout is doable if he were to leave.

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2022, 01:27:51 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Hate that Ewers got hurt but this Alabama-Texas game so far is awesome! Longhorns came to play

Also, it does make me wonder why Alabama never seems to play non-conference games at the actual road team's place this often? The Texas crowd/atmosphere is clearly affecting them. But it always feels like Alabama, when they play non-conference teams always play on a neutral site or something

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2022, 01:38:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hate that Ewers got hurt but this Alabama-Texas game so far is awesome! Longhorns came to play

Also, it does make me wonder why Alabama never seems to play non-conference games at the actual road team's place this often? The Texas crowd/atmosphere is clearly affecting them. But it always feels like Alabama, when they play non-conference teams always play on a neutral site or something
Texas is loud!!!! Been there for a couple games. Crowd is off the hook when the Longhorns are playing well. And they're playing great. Missing that chip shot FG sucks at the end of the half otherwise they would be leading at the half.

10-10. Halftime  It's still a huge upset in the making.

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2022, 01:43:25 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Texas is loud!!!! Been there for a couple games. Crowd is off the hook when the Longhorns are playing well. And they're playing great. Missing that chip shot FG sucks at the end of the half otherwise they would be leading at the half.

10-10. Halftime  It's still a huge upset in the making.

Yeah I was going to say that missed FG right before the half was brutal.

But then again, his last name is AUBURN. Him hitting the game-winning kick against Alabama later in this game will be poetic lol  :P