Author Topic: 2022 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 25490 times)

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2022, 12:35:35 AM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Can we stash Davidson in my mom's basement for a couple of years?

« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2022, 12:35:54 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Jay Bilas on Davidson: He’s a small guard, not a great shooter and you wonder what his game is.
He's an incredible athlete who plays good defence. But his game is terribly unpolished

Gotta polish that game!

;D

Hard to be disappointed by the 53rd pick.
I find it very easy to be disappointed by the 53rd pick when we may as well have forfeited it :P

NBA Athlete and defender and he'll be fun in Summer League. I figure we'll be making moves now that the draft is over.
If the upside is Summer League highlights then we're in lots of trouble.

We better be. Otherwise it's just more empty bluster about doing 'whatever it takes' whilst doing nothing.

Have you watched him play? Raw but dynamic.

« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2022, 12:36:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Jay Bilas on Davidson: He’s a small guard, not a great shooter and you wonder what his game is.
He's an incredible athlete who plays good defence. But his game is terribly unpolished

Gotta polish that game!

;D

I find it very easy to be disappointed by the 53rd pick when we may as well have forfeited it :P

NBA Athlete and defender and he'll be fun in Summer League. I figure we'll be making moves now that the draft is over.

We better be. Otherwise it's just more empty bluster about doing 'whatever it takes' whilst doing nothing.

Yeah, I've watched him play quite a bit. Incredible athlete. Awful, awful decision-maker.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2022, 12:40:00 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I wonder if Orlando will try Jonathon Isaac at center with Banchero at PF and Wagner at SF. That would create all types of matchup issues for opponents.

They still have Carter Jr and Bamba too. Only so many minutes to go around.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2022, 12:40:26 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Gotta polish that game!

;D

Yeah, I've watched him play quite a bit. Incredible athlete. Awful, awful decision-maker.

Highlevel defender and finisher...

« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2022, 12:40:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I wonder if Orlando will try Jonathon Isaac at center with Banchero at PF and Wagner at SF. That would create all types of matchup issues for opponents.

Get the feeling at least one have to go, given Anthony and Suggs need guard minutes too.

« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2022, 12:42:56 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Board should be updated for names now. Not necessarily for trades.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2022, 12:43:23 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Get the feeling at least one have to go, given Anthony and Suggs need guard minutes too.

Just talking about the Bigs rotation. Wonder what Carter Jr would cost… hmmm.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2022, 12:43:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Gotta polish that game!

;D

Highlevel defender and finisher...
I'd be careful calling him a high level defender. He's a really solid POA and 1v1 defender, but he's too weak to guard bigger wing types and he suffers mental lapses as a team defender (he suffers mental lapses everywhere). He can only cover point guards, but cannot be trusted to play point guard on offence. He does not fit the switching scheme at all, unless he's become much stronger through the core.

« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2022, 12:44:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Just talking about the Bigs rotation. Wonder what Carter Jr would cost… hmmm.
He would be brilliant to snag. Instant long-term Horford replacement whilst being a really good player in the meantime

« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2022, 01:25:32 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Gotta polish that game!

;D

Boy. You are getting a bit worked up over a late second round pick. How does picking a guy you don’t like in the late 2nd round imply we are doing nothing this off-season?

I like the pick. I’d rather swing for the fences with an athletic guy that maybe can tighten up his handle and shooting. We don’t need a 10th man type of guy. That’s what FAs are for.

« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2022, 01:51:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Gotta polish that game!

;D

Boy. You are getting a bit worked up over a late second round pick. How does picking a guy you don’t like in the late 2nd round imply we are doing nothing this off-season?

I like the pick. I’d rather swing for the fences with an athletic guy that maybe can tighten up his handle and shooting. We don’t need a 10th man type of guy. That’s what FAs are for.
It doesn't. Never said it did, did I? I am assuming we will be making moves. We have no reason not to given TPEs and an MLE offer on a contender.

It's just, in my opinion, another avenue to young talent that we wasted. We could have Saddiq Bey, Paul Reed / Kenyon Martin Jr., and someone like Boston / Garza / Wiggins as our developing players. It wasn't hard to identify those guys either, if schmucks like me and plenty of other forum nerds can.

« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2022, 06:41:53 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Gotta polish that game!

;D

It doesn't. Never said it did, did I? I am assuming we will be making moves. We have no reason not to given TPEs and an MLE offer on a contender.

It's just, in my opinion, another avenue to young talent that we wasted. We could have Saddiq Bey, Paul Reed / Kenyon Martin Jr., and someone like Boston / Garza / Wiggins as our developing players. It wasn't hard to identify those guys either, if schmucks like me and plenty of other forum nerds can.

None of the 2nd round picks would help this team this year, or even over the next 2-3 years.

I know nothing about Davidson or the other players. But saying the Cs made a mistake and should’ve taken one of those others doesn’t add much IMHO. The Cs have scouts and are better informed. They took Davidson over those other guys for a reason. Isn’t it more interesting to speculate why? To try to think what folks on nbasraft.net or Jay Bilas might have missed? Anyway that’s my two cents.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2022, 07:53:53 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Drafting Davison is more like when a baseball team drafts a player.  They know they have to develop the player.  Davison is 19 (will be 20 in October).  Let's revisit this when he is 22.  At that point, he will be physically and emotionally more mature (hopefully) and maybe that raw ability can translate.

I admit that I have no idea how this player will develop but I understand the strategy.  We will have his rights while he hopefully gets better in G-League or Europe and we will see if there is anything there in a couple of years. Or he becomes part of a trade involving a TPE or something and then everyone can complain about how we let him get away.

This draft was more of a teaser or appetizer.  The real off season work is what can be done with the TPE.  That is where we can potentially really impact the team.

« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2022, 08:31:51 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
That type of lineup worked well for Cleveland last year before their injuries overwhelmed them.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip