Author Topic: My Dog is sick. Any help appreciated  (Read 7132 times)

My Dog is sick. Any help appreciated
« on: April 21, 2022, 11:27:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

He's been to the vet. X-rays said stomach is empty with excess gas in colon. It's been 3 days now. No food at all. First day lots of vomit of clear foam.

The vomit has been less frequent and he's been drinking water.  Vet gave him injection of fluids as well. Today he's doing slightly better a little more energy,  yellow color in his drool, indicating bile.

Slight smelly loose stools. My freind suggested activated charcoal.  I ordered the pet gel version overnight delivery.

Any other ideas,  I have found people online with the same symptoms but no solutions. Please help if you can, thanks everyone.

Re: My Dog is sick. Any help appreciated
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 11:44:36 PM »

Kiorrik

Oh man that really sucks. Did you get second opinion from any other vets? Surely there's something they can do?

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 11:51:32 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Does your dog have any other ailments? Dark spots internally?Tumors? Lumps? How old are they? Any water issues? Anyone else in home sick? Bile could mean infection as well but other things possible.

My last lab once had issue with not eating for days and vet eventually said he was dying due to dark tumor they spotted with detailed tests. We took him home against their wishes after they said we should let him go…. and on fifth day they said he had hours left and I turned to chinese herbal treatment as last resort. Yunnan Baiyao is what we discovered and for whatever reason we gave him the red pill followed by the remaining dose of the regular for a week. A few days later he started eating again and a week later, miraculously he jumping on furniture again and lived another 5 good years to 15. The pill must have stopped some bleeding they did not find and allowed him to heal and eat soon after. Six months later there was no sign of a dark mass anymore too and we gave him that herb on and off for a few months.

Now, I am not saying you should try that but if there is internal bleeding somewhere and they cannot figure it out, the red pill will heal and stop the bleeding almost overnight. They gave those pills to soldiers in wars when they get shot and cannot get back to a surgeon. It was a miracle for us.

Taking them to an alternative vet is not a bad idea as well. Sometimes, you need to solve the issue for your pets on your own. Google helped me find that herb and the reviews were astonishing. Also, visit an alternative herbal dog store as well.

My heart goes out to you while dealing with this. I hope he gets better and you can find something that helps heal him.

https://www.activeherb.com/baiyao/ is where we got it. read the reviews.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 12:00:07 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Is your dog’s urine killing the grass?

I don’t want to scare you, but my dog passed away from kidney failure and he had very similar symptoms.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 12:12:39 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Does your dog have any other ailments? Dark spots internally?Tumors? Lumps? How old are they? Any water issues? Anyone else in home sick? Bile could mean infection as well but other things possible.

My last lab once had issue with not eating for days and vet eventually said he was dying due to dark tumor they spotted with detailed tests. We took him home against their wishes after they said we should let him go…. and on fifth day they said he had hours left and I turned to chinese herbal treatment as last resort. Yunnan Baiyao is what we discovered and for whatever reason we gave him the red pill followed by the remaining dose of the regular for a week. A few days later he started eating again and a week later, miraculously he jumping on furniture again and lived another 5 good years to 15. The pill must have stopped some bleeding they did not find and allowed him to heal and eat soon after. Six months later there was no sign of a dark mass anymore too and we gave him that herb on and off for a few months.

Now, I am not saying you should try that but if there is internal bleeding somewhere and they cannot figure it out, the red pill will heal and stop the bleeding almost overnight. They gave those pills to soldiers in wars when they get shot and cannot get back to a surgeon. It was a miracle for us.

Taking them to an alternative vet is not a bad idea as well. Sometimes, you need to solve the issue for your pets on your own. Google helped me find that herb and the reviews were astonishing. Also, visit an alternative herbal dog store as well.

My heart goes out to you while dealing with this. I hope he gets better and you can find something that helps heal him.

https://www.activeherb.com/baiyao/ is where we got it. read the reviews.

Thank you so much toughness.  I will order immediately.

He's only 2 years old. No health issues at all. A small goldendoodle 26 pounds. Thanks again any information helps.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 12:26:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Any discussion of anti-biotics?

If he's able to drink, or you've got something that can make him drink (a syringe without the needle on the end, for example) it might be worth trying to get him to drink Hydralyte or something equivalent to keep him hydrated.

Best of luck KGLL
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 12:44:26 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Any discussion of anti-biotics?

If he's able to drink, or you've got something that can make him drink (a syringe without the needle on the end, for example) it might be worth trying to get him to drink Hydralyte or something equivalent to keep him hydrated.

Best of luck KGLL

Good suggestions.  Thanks G Tp to the both of you.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 05:15:39 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
May had got into some type of chemicals or a foreign object that is causing him to throw up like that..take him outside & he will eat grass, which will help him..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 08:48:27 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
May had got into some type of chemicals or a foreign object that is causing him to throw up like that..take him outside & he will eat grass, which will help him..

Thanks Birdman.  At another Vet now, they are running all the test we are hoping it's pancreatitis,  if not it's likely an obstruction and will need surgery.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 08:50:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Might want to go get second vet to have look a see.  Kinda young to have major issues . 

Some vets have way more years experience and seen more odd symptoms.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 09:14:01 AM »

• Don Nelson

He's been to the vet. X-rays said stomach is empty with excess gas in colon. It's been 3 days now. No food at all. First day lots of vomit of clear foam.

The vomit has been less frequent and he's been drinking water.  Vet gave him injection of fluids as well. Today he's doing slightly better a little more energy,  yellow color in his drool, indicating bile.

Slight smelly loose stools. My freind suggested activated charcoal.  I ordered the pet gel version overnight delivery.

Any other ideas,  I have found people online with the same symptoms but no solutions. Please help if you can, thanks everyone.

Try baby food as well! The one jar with hot dog shaped baby food treats are  easy to get down too. I agree with pedialyte or hydralight too!

https://www.gardengrocer.com/product/4450-gerber-lil-sticks-meat-sticks-25oz-jar

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2022, 09:15:32 AM »

• Don Nelson

Thanks Birdman.  At another Vet now, they are running all the test we are hoping it's pancreatitis,  if not it's likely an obstruction and will need surgery.

Prayers are with you! I hope you figure it out. Baby food or even hamburger meat cooked too to try and get something down worked a few times with my former labs as well while they struggled with food.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2022, 09:35:01 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

did the first vet offer any ideas as to what the issue could be?  Could be pancreatitis or some sort of poisoning if your dog got into something he shouldn't. 

Hoping this second vet can figure something out and things turn out ok for your dog.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2022, 09:44:10 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I don't have anything to say or add, but hoping and praying for the best with your dog @KG Living Legend!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2022, 10:30:13 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
My dogs get loose stool and sometimes mild vomiting but I usually just wait it out. If they are still drinking it's a good sign. I've lost many dogs but all were very old. Using the syringe as others have suggested is a very good idea. Good luck.