Author Topic: Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at Oscars  (Read 21966 times)

Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at Oscars
« on: March 27, 2022, 11:44:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fOVLBXiV_vo

Chris Rock made a joke about Jada Pickett-Smith's alopecia problem and Will walked up on stage and slapped the taste out of Rock's mouth. Will Smith then twice screamed up to Rock: "Keep my wife's name out your f***** mouth!"

Later .....

Will Smith wins Best Actor which results in one of the more awkward and entertaining acceptance speeches ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VTewPgb7J6U

Re: Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at Oscars
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 12:02:26 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulu0cnm0yIQ

^ un-bleeped out version (with some dubbing)

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 12:03:23 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
looks fake

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 12:21:39 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
looks fake

It looks real to me, Chris Rock’s reaction isn’t acting. This is the Oscars not the Golden Globes, it’s a prestigious event, they don’t allow stunts.

Honestly I’m disgusted that they still awarded Smith his Oscar. I’ve been saying to friends for ages that Smith and his family are nothing but opportunistic nutcases that use their ‘blackness’ to further their selfish goals.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 12:29:05 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
looks fake
Don't think so, it was a bit too awkward for my mind.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 12:29:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
looks fake

It looks real to me, Chris Rock’s reaction isn’t acting. This is the Oscars not the Golden Globes, it’s a prestigious event, they don’t allow stunts.

Honestly I’m disgusted that they still awarded Smith his Oscar. I’ve been saying to friends for ages that Smith and his family are nothing but opportunistic nutcases that use their ‘blackness’ to further their selfish goals.
Erm... what does this mean?

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 12:44:21 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
looks fake

Will Smith has been using the Black Lives Matter movement to pressure award committees into receiving nominations for himself and his wife.

The guy doesn’t care about black lives, he is just another self involved narcissistic, and this incident is a perfect metaphor. His award speech was about him ‘protecting’ vulnerable black actors…after just assaulting a black actor on stage.

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 01:10:46 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Jaylen Brown's Instagram, gotta love it:

Picture seems to be loading weird for me here, but it says:

"Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum can't play together"

Me: (followed by the picture of Will Smith smacking Rock)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 01:20:54 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
looks fake
Don't think so, it was a bit too awkward for my mind.
I could maybe buy the punch itself being fake, but the shouting after he sat back down felt a bit too real. Rock was obviously shook by the whole situation, and the whole audience just completely died.

Also the fact that Will Smith dropped the f-bomb twice on American tv is pretty much proof that this wasn't staged.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 01:46:15 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
looks fake

Will Smith has been using the Black Lives Matter movement to pressure award committees into receiving nominations for himself and his wife.

The guy doesn’t care about black lives, he is just another self involved narcissistic, and this incident is a perfect metaphor. His award speech was about him ‘protecting’ vulnerable black actors…after just assaulting a black actor on stage.
How has he done that?

His acceptance speech was all kinds of awkward. Using love as a defence of violence is straight out of the DV handbook

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2022, 01:46:19 AM »

Kiorrik

Nah that stuff was real.

Hey couple thoughts cuz I've seen this all over social media.

First off, what Will did was quite obviously a wrong reaction. You don't go up and punch someone in response to a joke.

Second, I see people compare it to Ricky Gervais. There's a HUGE DIFFERENCE between making fun of people because they're ****s, and making fun of someone for their disease. Making fun of someone for doing something stupid is one thing, but making fun of someone for something that happened TO them, that's off. Way off.

Third, I can kinda see how it'd get Will fed up. This is literally the highest highlight of his career; an Oscar. Quite literally what he's worked towards his entire life. And then someone has the gall to make it possibly one of the lowest points of his wife's career, by making fun of her disease.

Yeah. Classless act by Chris Rock, amazing it got approved by the association, and well, Will should've handled that heaps differently.

Nobody looks good here.

.edit: also and not inimportantly; we seem to have lost grasp on our ability to tell what's real and what's fake in the media. Which is rather sad. I'll gladly eat my words if this was all staged though.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 01:51:29 AM by Kiorrik »

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2022, 01:52:49 AM »

Kiorrik

Jaylen Brown's Instagram, gotta love it:

Picture seems to be loading weird for me here, but it says:

"Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum can't play together"

Me: (followed by the picture of Will Smith smacking Rock)

Here you go bro. TP for posting it first though!

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 01:55:00 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
looks fake

How has he done that?

His acceptance speech was all kinds of awkward. Using love as a defence of violence is straight out of the DV handbook

In 2016, Will Smith and his wife ‘boycotted’ the Oscars because Will didn’t get nominated for an Oscar, something they say was because he was black, thus them boycotting was for all black actors.

Chris Rock was hosting then and made fun of Will’s wife, some are speculating that this was one of the causes for Smith’s outburst.

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 01:56:40 AM »

Kiorrik

looks fake

How has he done that?

In 2016, Will Smith and his wife ‘boycotted’ the Oscars because Will didn’t get nominated for an Oscar, something they say was because he was black, thus them boycotting was for all black actors.

Chris Rock was hosting then and made fun of Will’s wife, some are speculating that this was one of the causes for Smith’s outburst.

Let's not drag past stuff into this.

The outburst was very clearly because Chris made fun of Jada's disease. End of. Nothing to do with the very obvious racism in Hollywood.

.edit: oh, I misunderstood. Didn't realise he made fun of his wife back in 2016 as well. Ignore this post!

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2022, 02:04:45 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Nah that stuff was real.

Hey couple thoughts cuz I've seen this all over social media.

First off, what Will did was quite obviously a wrong reaction. You don't go up and punch someone in response to a joke.

Second, I see people compare it to Ricky Gervais. There's a HUGE DIFFERENCE between making fun of people because they're ****s, and making fun of someone for their disease. Making fun of someone for doing something stupid is one thing, but making fun of someone for something that happened TO them, that's off. Way off.

Third, I can kinda see how it'd get Will fed up. This is literally the highest highlight of his career; an Oscar. Quite literally what he's worked towards his entire life. And then someone has the gall to make it possibly one of the lowest points of his wife's career, by making fun of her disease.

Yeah. Classless act by Chris Rock, amazing it got approved by the association, and well, Will should've handled that heaps differently.

Nobody looks good here.

.edit: also and not inimportantly; we seem to have lost grasp on our ability to tell what's real and what's fake in the media. Which is rather sad. I'll gladly eat my words if this was all staged though.

I think you’ve got the events all mixed up.

Chris Rock made the joke BEFORE Smith even knew he won.

These were all pre-approved jokes, Chris was just reading from a teleprompter.

You may find the joke in bad taste but it’s a joke, and it’s not about a woman’s life threatening disease, she’s just going bald.

What I find disgusting is that Smith casually walked over to Chris Rock, hit him, walked back to his seat, swore at the top of his lungs…and security did nothing.

Chris was assaulted doing his job in front of hundreds of people and they all just let it happen. This is an example of why people despise Hollywood, they are all hypocrites.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 02:10:14 AM by Ed Monix »