Author Topic: March Madness 2022  (Read 26791 times)

Re: March Madness 2022
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2022, 08:15:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

The Friars looked amazing today.

PC can beat anybody IF they get any offense. Today they shot over 50% from beyond the arc.

Creighton would have had a good chance to knock off Kansas if they hadn't lost two of their players to injury recently.

The Friars are riding high. I hope they go all the way.  They are a really fun team to watch.
always root for the hometown RI teams.  PC can swing from almost unbeatable to almost unwatchable. 

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2022, 08:39:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
TIMME!!!!

I'd grab this guy with that late second. For that mustache as much as anything.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 08:52:29 PM by liam »

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2022, 09:01:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Zags are getting outworked by Arkansas.

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2022, 09:29:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Arkansas with a great effort to shut down that Gonzaga offence
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2022, 09:57:55 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
As a Zags fan that performance was pathetic. They looked scared to death out there. Strawther was a complete bum the past 2 games making dumb decision after dumb decision. And the refs missed a few crucial calls down the stretch (the missed trip, the step out of bounds, multiple bad calls on Holmgren).

Disappointed is an understatement..
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2022, 10:06:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
As a Zags fan that performance was pathetic. They looked scared to death out there. Strawther was a complete bum the past 2 games making dumb decision after dumb decision. And the refs missed a few crucial calls down the stretch (the missed trip, the step out of bounds, multiple bad calls on Holmgren).

Holmgren got a terrible whistle...

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2022, 11:04:39 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up

He got the Theis treatment lol. But the 1st 10 minutes of the game i could tell how it was gonna be. They were making bad plays and just looked tight.

Now its up to Prov to give me something to root for. Hoping they can come up big against Kansas
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2022, 12:15:20 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Great game between Duke and Texas Tech. Glad to see Coach K and the Blue Devils advance.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2022, 07:11:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Great game between Duke and Texas Tech. Glad to see Coach K and the Blue Devils advance.

Same.  I know fans are starkly divided by Duke, but I'm rooting for them.  I'm glad to see him make at least the Elite Eight in his final season.

I was disappointed -- like I am every season -- to see the Zags upset.  They've made themselves into a powerhouse but can't get over the hump.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2022, 09:16:18 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Would love to see Providence pull the upset tonight.

Besides the whole New England connection, Cooley was an assistant at BC when I was there.  Great coach & seems like a nice guy.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2022, 09:16:58 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Can you explain why the Zags coach didn’t feature Holmgren more on offense? Dude shot over 60% from the field and 39% from 3pt. He finished the season 3rd in total shot attempts and was only 9 ahead of Strawther. Timme attempted 396 field goals to Holmgren’s 280. Chet was also 4th on the team in 3pt shot attempts, even though he had the second highest percentage of makes from deep.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2022, 09:38:08 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

He got the Theis treatment lol. But the 1st 10 minutes of the game i could tell how it was gonna be. They were making bad plays and just looked tight.

Now its up to Prov to give me something to root for. Hoping they can come up big against Kansas

It was really noticeable. Refs making some money on the side....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/arkansas-gonzaga-upset-march-madness-refs-chet-holmgren-015358920.html

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2022, 10:10:38 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/arkansas-gonzaga-upset-march-madness-refs-chet-holmgren-015358920.html

Disgusting. The 3rd foul on Holmgren wasn't so bad although it could be called an offensive. I would have been fine with a no call on the 4th foul. The last foul was despicable, that ref can take a hike.

It's rough when you see a player out there trying to play clean physical defense when the offensive players have clearly been coached to barrel into him to try to draw the whistle. Should have been more no calls/offensive fouls. Also that might be the worst out of bounds miss I've seen in years.

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2022, 10:27:47 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Disgusting. The 3rd foul on Holmgren wasn't so bad although it could be called an offensive. I would have been fine with a no call on the 4th foul. The last foul was despicable, that ref can take a hike.

It's rough when you see a player out there trying to play clean physical defense when the offensive players have clearly been coached to barrel into him to try to draw the whistle. Should have been more no calls/offensive fouls. Also that might be the worst out of bounds miss I've seen in years.

It was either negligent or shady...

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2022, 04:54:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It was either negligent or shady...
There have been some incredibly bad decisions by NCAA refs recently.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)