Author Topic: March Madness 2022  (Read 26865 times)

March Madness 2022
« on: March 10, 2022, 02:40:09 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I don’t watch much college basketball until the tournament(s) start, so I’m curious If there are certain players that you are keeping an eye on that may be available in the second round of this years draft. 

Duke vs Syracuse game was pretty entertaining earlier today... BC vs Miami coming up next...
Gotta love March Madness.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 02:48:01 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: March Madness 2022
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 09:43:42 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
#2 Kentucky upset by #15 Saint Peters in OT. Wow...
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 09:47:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
How do you let a 15 seed win an overtime period?  I get upsets happen, but there is no way the 2 seed should lose the 5 minute OT period to a 15 seed.  Ever. 

Thankfully I only had UK in the Sweet Sixteen and I picked Richmond, New Mexico St., and Michigan so I'm doing quite well thus far.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 03:29:27 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Really good game between Baylor and UNC. OT thriller. Looking forward to the Zags/Memphis game tonight.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 04:40:02 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I live close to Lexington Kentucky.. Calipari is on hot seat here…word is the BIG boosters are fed up with his antics, thinking he is big as the university..tired of the one and done with only 1 championship in 12 years here..same excuse over & over
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2022, 04:50:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
So UCONN, Alabama, Baylor, Kentucky, Colorado St. all upset. And oh, #1 Kansas right now is having some trouble against #9 Creighton.

What a start to March Madness.

Posted by: Birdman
« on: Today at 04:40:02 PM »Insert Quote
I live close to Lexington Kentucky.. Calipari is on hot seat here…word is the BIG boosters are fed up with his antics, thinking he is big as the university..tired of the one and done with only 1 championship in 12 years here..same excuse over & over

Calipari to me is kind of like Peyton Manning. Phenomenal regular seasons, then typically chokes during the big games late. He's had so many loaded teams over the years and just 1 title to show for it in the last 12 years.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 08:10:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
So UCONN, Alabama, Baylor, Kentucky, Colorado St. all upset. And oh, #1 Kansas right now is having some trouble against #9 Creighton.

Calipari to me is kind of like Peyton Manning. Phenomenal regular seasons, then typically chokes during the big games late. He's had so many loaded teams over the years and just 1 title to show for it in the last 12 years.

AND #3 Tennessee goes down too  :o

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 08:26:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Sounds a lot like Aaron Rodgers too...
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2022, 08:35:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Sounds a lot like Aaron Rodgers too...

Lol yep. Also Belmont beat #5 Oregon (another upset)

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2022, 08:38:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

The Friars looked amazing today.

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2022, 10:41:39 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

PC can beat anybody IF they get any offense. Today they shot over 50% from beyond the arc.

Creighton would have had a good chance to knock off Kansas if they hadn't lost two of their players to injury recently.

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2022, 10:42:15 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
#1 overall seed Zags down by 10 at the half...

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2022, 11:21:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
My bracket isn't doing that bad given all of the upsets as long as the Zags complete the comeback and win.  I had them winning the whole thing, so they need to win.  Have them beating Arizona in the final with Purdue and Kansas also being in the Final 4.  So pretty good shape if the Zags stay alive. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2022, 07:46:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

PC can beat anybody IF they get any offense. Today they shot over 50% from beyond the arc.

Creighton would have had a good chance to knock off Kansas if they hadn't lost two of their players to injury recently.

The Friars are riding high. I hope they go all the way.  They are a really fun team to watch.

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2022, 06:27:25 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Sweet 16. Let’s go!