Author Topic: NFL Off-season 2022  (Read 69869 times)

Re: NFL Off-season 2022
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2022, 05:31:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Bears must be going full rebuild.  Probably makes sense, although as a fan it sucks.

I think they have to.  Aging defense.  By the time the offense finally got good, the D would've blown.  Might as well just tear it all down.

Yeah.  Seems like they’ve been rebuilding for 35 years.  Devin Hester was fun, I guess.  Urlacher was great.  It’s been a tough run though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2022, 09:56:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
AFC West getting thicker and thicker...Khalil Mack to the Chargers, to team up with Joey Bosa. Are they copying the Rams blueprint?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2022, 10:06:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
AFC West getting thicker and thicker...Khalil Mack to the Chargers, to team up with Joey Bosa. Are they copying the Rams blueprint?

Josh McDaniels is going to have a tough few years with the Raiders. One could argue they overachieved last year, and the AFC West has gotten tougher over the past few days.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2022, 10:08:31 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Josh McDaniels is going to have a tough few years with the Raiders. One could argue they overachieved last year, and the AFC West has gotten tougher over the past few days.

Toughest division on paper. 

Heck, the AFC as a whole is pretty stacked right now. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2022, 10:10:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

still strange to me that isnthe job he took. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2022, 10:54:25 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Antonio Brown shooting his shot with the Cowboys? Wow lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2022, 11:06:24 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
No charges for Watson; QB vows to 'rebuild' name...

Seahawks, Steelers and Panthers are rumored to be interested in trading for Him.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 12:44:48 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2022, 11:37:59 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Hate to say it, but unless the Pats make some big moves next week it's kind of hard to see them faring too well in what is now a pretty loaded AFC.

Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Colts & Steelers IF they get solid QBs, Titans, Ravens (if everyone's healthy).

Yeah you could probably argue the Pats are at the same level as a few of those teams, but either way the AFC is stacked and it's possible NE isn't even a Top-6 team in the conference as constituted. Love Mac, but they need to improve in a lot of other areas especially defense and also finding a true WR1. Also, sorry but I'm still confused with how their coaching staff is constructed. Even with Belichick there... like why Matt Patricia and Joe Judge and no true coordinators.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2022, 12:51:52 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Hate to say it, but unless the Pats make some big moves next week it's kind of hard to see them faring too well in what is now a pretty loaded AFC.

Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Colts & Steelers IF they get solid QBs, Titans, Ravens (if everyone's healthy).

Yeah you could probably argue the Pats are at the same level as a few of those teams, but either way the AFC is stacked and it's possible NE isn't even a Top-6 team in the conference as constituted. Love Mac, but they need to improve in a lot of other areas especially defense and also finding a true WR1. Also, sorry but I'm still confused with how their coaching staff is constructed. Even with Belichick there... like why Matt Patricia and Joe Judge and no true coordinators.

I’m really hoping the Pats trade for Brandin Cooks. He’s 28, so I can’t imagine him being part of the Texans rebuild. 4.3 speed and he had successes with NE in the past. They need a receiver that can spread the field, a true deep threat.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 01:05:09 PM by Goldstar88 »
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2022, 01:28:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I’m really hoping the Pats trade for Brandin Cooks. He’s 28, so I can’t imagine him being part of the Texans rebuild. 4.3 speed and he had successes with NE in the past. They need a receiver that can spread the field, a true deep threat.

I wouldn't mind. I have to look though because I think I actually remember a time when he said that if he got traded again then he'd probably retire. Because he's been traded a TON especially in the last 4-5 years lol.

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2022, 02:06:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Browns taking another swing at a big name WR.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
8m
Cowboys are finalizing a trade to send WR Amari Cooper and a sixth-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for a 2022 fifth-round pick and a sixth-round pick, per league sources.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2022, 02:18:36 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
8m
Cowboys are finalizing a trade to send WR Amari Cooper and a sixth-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for a 2022 fifth-round pick and a sixth-round pick, per league sources.

Who needs Cooper when we have Agholor and Jonnu Smith... ::) it’s infuriating how much those two are being paid for virtually no production.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 02:37:37 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2022, 02:37:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
8m

Who needs Cooper when we have Agholor and Jonnu Smith... ::) it’s infuriating.

I'm honestly fine with not getting Cooper. He has a 22M cap hit the next three years, and I feel like he tends to disappear in games when they really need him. Idk, it just felt like if we did get him he'd probably be another Agholor. Makes a few plays here and there but in the bigger games, mostly a non-factor outside of maybe opening things up for others (which Agholor does, and allows Bourne + Meyers to get open) but that's not what we need clearly.

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2022, 02:53:31 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
8m

I'm honestly fine with not getting Cooper. He has a 22M cap hit the next three years, and I feel like he tends to disappear in games when they really need him. Idk, it just felt like if we did get him he'd probably be another Agholor. Makes a few plays here and there but in the bigger games, mostly a non-factor outside of maybe opening things up for others (which Agholor does, and allows Bourne + Meyers to get open) but that's not what we need clearly.

I don’t care about Cooper but getting a legit #1 makes the receiving core pretty dang good.  I like Bourne, Meyers, Agholor, Henry and Smith.  Some nice guys out of the backfield too. White back.

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2022, 03:04:11 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
8m

Yeah, it’s a lot of money, but so is Cooks. Cooper is 6’1 with a 40 in the 4.3’s who has had multiple 1000+ yard/5TD seasons for both Oakland and Dallas. He’s still only 27. Id take him over the below every day of the week.

Jonnu Smith Contract Details

Four years, $50 million
$31.25 million guaranteed
$15 million signing bonus
Dead caps of $26 million and $13 million next two seasons
2021 stats: 28 catches, 294 yards, 1 touchdown, 8.9% drop percentage

Nelson Agholor Contract Details

Two years, $22 million
$16 million guaranteed
$10 million signing bonus
Dead cap of $10 million in 2022
2021 stats: 37 catches, 473 yards, 3 touchdowns, worst catch percentage (57.8%) since 2016