Author Topic: Juwan Howard punches Wisconsin assistant coach in the face...  (Read 28084 times)

Re: Juwan Howard punches Wisconsin assistant coach in the face...
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2022, 02:09:57 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
I'm surprised by the rhetorical pearl clutching.  In a heated moment, amidst a bunch of pushing and shoving, a man cuffed another man.  To me, that's not really a termination worthy offense.

I mean, this happened three days ago:

https://www.si.com/college/2022/02/18/ndsu-oral-roberts-fight-handshake-line-paul-mills-elijah-lufile

Nobody is calling for anybody's head there.

White guys are allowed to be angry.

Wow

Hahaha - wow what? :)

Gouki just saying what some of us are thinking.

.edit: goes without saying that it's a BAD thing that we treat people differently based on the colour of their skin. but to ignore that it happens would be wrong.

and if he wasn’t a mod?

Oh grow up.

Pretty sure I disagree with Roy/Gouki on 90% of the things they talk about.

I spoke up because it's the one time I agree with him.

grow up? What makes you think you can address me like that? You are out of line. Let’s see if you realize it or if you will just double down on your misbehavior.

You're the one that came in with an accusation (framed as a question, nice touch).

Then when you get a response with emotion in it, you're surprised.

I mean, fair enough. I could apologise for that.

But then you end your post with that line. Trying to paint me into one of two options; agreeing with you or being a bad human.

So lemme return the favour; let's see you apologise for starting this off, or double down on your crappy attitude.

You had a chance to surprise me, you had a chance. I will leave you with this quote ‘to whom much is given, much is expected’.

Oooh, sagelike.

.edit: aight, I ended up removing my forum administrator rights. thankless task anyway, removing people's mis-posts, tryna remove ads, trying to bring positivity to game threads. in return, you get accused of preferential treatment. good to know I won't be missed :]

:( :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2022, 02:43:38 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm surprised by the rhetorical pearl clutching.  In a heated moment, amidst a bunch of pushing and shoving, a man cuffed another man.  To me, that's not really a termination worthy offense.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/02/18/ndsu-oral-roberts-fight-handshake-line-paul-mills-elijah-lufile

Wow

.edit: goes without saying that it's a BAD thing that we treat people differently based on the colour of their skin. but to ignore that it happens would be wrong.

and if he wasn’t a mod?

Oh grow up.

grow up? What makes you think you can address me like that? You are out of line. Let’s see if you realize it or if you will just double down on your misbehavior.

You're the one that came in with an accusation (framed as a question, nice touch).

Then when you get a response with emotion in it, you're surprised.

I mean, fair enough. I could apologise for that.

But then you end your post with that line. Trying to paint me into one of two options; agreeing with you or being a bad human.

So lemme return the favour; let's see you apologise for starting this off, or double down on your crappy attitude.

You had a chance to surprise me, you had a chance. I will leave you with this quote ‘to whom much is given, much is expected’.

Oooh, sagelike.

.edit: aight, I ended up removing my forum administrator rights. thankless task anyway, removing people's mis-posts, tryna remove ads, trying to bring positivity to game threads. in return, you get accused of preferential treatment. good to know I won't be missed :]

I will miss you. Please dont leave.

Ditto

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2022, 03:02:04 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
ESPN:

"After taking time to reflect on all that happened, I realize how unacceptable both my actions and words were, and how they affected so many. I am truly sorry," Howard said in Michigan's follow-up statement. "I am offering my sincerest apology to my players and their families, my staff, my family and the Michigan fans around the world. I would like to personally apologize to Wisconsin's Assistant Coach Joe Krabbenhoft and his family, too.

"Lastly, I speak a lot about being a Michigan man and representing the University of Michigan with class and pride, I did not do that, nor did I set the right example in the right way for my student-athletes. I will learn from my mistake and this mistake will never happen again. No excuses!"

‘To whom much is given, much is expected.’ Howard made the move he had to make. Good for him.

Wouldn't be surprised if they wrote it for him and said "sign this".  :angel: Hopefully he did calm down and reflect that part of being a coach especially in college isn't just about winning, but winning the right way, and losing the right way.

He didn't write it by himself.

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2022, 07:21:48 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Wow
If you refuse to acknowledge the double standards for what is acceptable for white men compared to black men that's on you, not me.

I have a feeling you refuse to acknowledge a lot of things.  Have a nice day
If you’re insecure about that statement of fact, then, well… probably should reflect upon that.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2022, 07:27:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Wow

and if he wasn’t a mod?

Oh grow up.

The amount of antagonistic, inflammatory instigation you get away with here makes your accusation of misbehaviour pretty audacious, and a bit ridiculous.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2022, 07:56:06 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
These boards are turning into an S show

Comments from mods of all people have derailed this thread
Greg