Author Topic: Help Me with My Rookie Draft...I Have the 7th Pick  (Read 71815 times)

Re: Help Me with My Rookie Draft...I Have the 7th Pick
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 11:40:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I ended up with Mitchell.  (I know you were all dying with the anticipation of knowing this).

I'm happy.  He did put up some nice numbers in a preseason game when he got in the starting lineup.  If he can push for minutes, he will be a keeper.

This was the top ten (I jumped the gun on my pick and ended up 6th with a weird miscommunication - these are their starting salaries in our league - based on a $250 cap):

1) Cade Cunningham $20
2) Jalen Green $19
3) Evan Mobley $18
4) Jalen Suggs $17
5) Alperun Sengun $16
6) Davion Mitchell $15
7) Scottie Barnes $14
8 ) James Bouknight $13
9) Moses Moody $12
10) Josh Giddey $11

Kuminga went 18th
Kuminga at 18 is crazy!!
I'm not actually sure Kuminga will be a good fantasy player, like ever.  He reminds me very much of one of those toughnosed defensive oriented guys, who does a little bit of everything, but doesn't really excel at anything.  A guy that will probably give a pretty consistent 10/5/3/1/1 with strong defense type stat line, which is very valuable to a team, but not fantasy.
I'm pretty high on Kuminga. I think he can turn out to be an Anunoby-type player. Around 15PPG, around 6RPG, 2-3APG and 1.5SPG with decent efficiency.
Even that isn't great from a fantasy perspective.  Certainly good enough, but not great. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2021, 01:49:00 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I liked what I saw from Scottie Barnes against the Celts. He is one of those get under your skin type of players. Hustles stats. Will probably fill the stat sheet except for 3's. May not be great Fantasy wise this year but I have a feeling he is going to be one of those guys everyone wants for years to come.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2021, 03:40:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I liked what I saw from Scottie Barnes against the Celts. He is one of those get under your skin type of players. Hustles stats. Will probably fill the stat sheet except for 3's. May not be great Fantasy wise this year but I have a feeling he is going to be one of those guys everyone wants for years to come.
Barnes, Giddey and Wagner were my binkies from this draft. Hope they turn out as well as I think they can. My binkies from 2020, Haliburton and Nesmith, I still have high hopes on.

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2021, 05:12:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I ended up with Mitchell.  (I know you were all dying with the anticipation of knowing this).

I'm happy.  He did put up some nice numbers in a preseason game when he got in the starting lineup.  If he can push for minutes, he will be a keeper.

This was the top ten (I jumped the gun on my pick and ended up 6th with a weird miscommunication - these are their starting salaries in our league - based on a $250 cap):

1) Cade Cunningham $20
2) Jalen Green $19
3) Evan Mobley $18
4) Jalen Suggs $17
5) Alperun Sengun $16
6) Davion Mitchell $15
7) Scottie Barnes $14
8 ) James Bouknight $13
9) Moses Moody $12
10) Josh Giddey $11

Kuminga went 18th
Kuminga at 18 is crazy!!
So is Sengun at 6. He is almost always going to be playing behind a young Christian Woods. I can't see his fantasy stats being much of anything for years.
Maybe Houston will play them together and completely abandon any pretend efforts to play defence?

It's a long term keeper league and the guy who picked him has won the league 6 years in a row (which is really difficult to do).  He is in rebuild mode, so I think he didn't mind taking the long view. 

I didn't have another pick until 27th pick (2nd to last).  I picked Josh Christopher from Houston.  Probably never see the light of day, but I figured Houston is as good a place as any for a young guy to get a chance.
Christopher is good value that deep in the draft. He has some serious scoring upside
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)