Author Topic: Are we heading for the Lotto and who do you like?  (Read 6431 times)

Re: Are we heading for the Lotto and who do you like?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2021, 01:51:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Are we going all in for Chet Holmgren?

His lack of strength a real concern.  Look at Poku.

Holmgren is Durant like. He's super skilled.

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2021, 04:17:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You know it seems implausible that this team would be lottery bound.

But ... they are 2-5 now, and between 11/24 when they face the Nets and home and when they face the Bucks on Christmas, they have an absolutely brutal slate of mostly road games and a lot of quality opponents.

Honestly, looking at the schedule through the end of the year, with the way they're playing now, they could legitimately be sitting at something like 10-25 by January.

I'm pretty sure ... but not totally sure ... that it won't get that bad.  But I am not hopeful that they will be above .500 by Jan 1st.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2021, 04:54:11 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
If either Tatum or Brown are out for a period of time due to an injury, then yes
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2021, 05:17:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If it came to the second half of the season and we were still looking bad I'd David Robinson the Jays for a chance at one of the top picks.

I'm a huge fan of Jalen Duren. He's 6'10, 250lbs and has a 7'5 wingspan, while still 18. He's immensely athletic, chases rebounds and patrols the paint defensively really well. For comparison, he's around 18 months younger than Holmgren yet looks far more NBA-ready in terms of physique. Reminds me a lot of Dwight Howard.

Jabari Smith reminds me a lot of Michael Porter Jr. That long, silky offensive-minded forward who is a decent but not great athlete.

I love Paolo Banchero too. I think he'll end up like a much stronger Tobias Harris (he's already 250lbs). Offensive nightmare match-up.

Nikola Jovic reminds me a bit of Toni Kukoc, which would be great alongside the Jays. Can shoot, drive, has good court-vision and a soft touch finishing in the key.

There are a few more, like AJ Griffin, Dieng and Collins.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2021, 05:43:32 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I haven't started checking out the lotto picks for next year but I better start.

8)

lol…you lasted all of one game…haha.

I'm lucky I lasted that long.

It’s ok in my opinion hot takes after 7 games are well warranted with this team. There’s a large enough sample size with last year to make some serious conclusions.

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2021, 05:45:47 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
While I'm certainly not ready to give up the season yet, hitting a high draft pick may be what it takes to push out team to the next level. As far as specific prospects, it's a bit soon to start looking imo. Draft ranking could change dramatically in the next several months.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2021, 06:16:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Dropping like a rock towards a top 3 pick.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:55:19 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2021, 06:19:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I haven't started checking out the lotto picks for next year but I better start.

8)

lol…you lasted all of one game…haha.

I'm lucky I lasted that long.

It’s ok in my opinion hot takes after 7 games are well warranted with this team. There’s a large enough sample size with last year to make some serious conclusions.

The Celtics could turn it around but they flat out stink right now.

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2021, 06:27:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
If it came to the second half of the season and we were still looking bad I'd David Robinson the Jays for a chance at one of the top picks.

I'm a huge fan of Jalen Duren. He's 6'10, 250lbs and has a 7'5 wingspan, while still 18. He's immensely athletic, chases rebounds and patrols the paint defensively really well. For comparison, he's around 18 months younger than Holmgren yet looks far more NBA-ready in terms of physique. Reminds me a lot of Dwight Howard.

Jabari Smith reminds me a lot of Michael Porter Jr. That long, silky offensive-minded forward who is a decent but not great athlete.

I love Paolo Banchero too. I think he'll end up like a much stronger Tobias Harris (he's already 250lbs). Offensive nightmare match-up.

Nikola Jovic reminds me a bit of Toni Kukoc, which would be great alongside the Jays. Can shoot, drive, has good court-vision and a soft touch finishing in the key.

I don’t think the league would let us do that. We would also have to trade/get rid of Schroeder and horford if we really want to get our talent level on par with Detroit, OKC, rockets, Spurs, Orlando etc. plus we would have to fire our coach.

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2021, 06:39:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I don’t think the league would let us do that. We would also have to trade/get rid of Schroeder and horford if we really want to get our talent level on par with Detroit, OKC, rockets, Spurs, Orlando etc. plus we would have to fire our coach.
Firing the coach might actually help us win games!

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2021, 08:20:50 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I'd love Slim Chungus! His off-ball movement is fantastic - he has Miller/Durant vibes to me.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2021, 08:25:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2021, 08:53:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I'd love Slim Chungus! His off-ball movement is fantastic - he has Miller/Durant vibes to me.
I haven't watched enough film of him yet, will look out for his off-ball movement. Love the way he runs in transition though

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2021, 10:59:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Paolo Banchero looks intriguing.

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2021, 11:54:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith