Author Topic: Boston Bruins 2021-22  (Read 11689 times)

Boston Bruins 2021-22
« on: September 18, 2021, 07:44:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I can not believe that NHL hockey is only a week away. Seems like yesterday that everyone here in Tampa/St. Pete were celebrating another Stanley Cup.

Anyway, I liked what the Bs did this off-season. The Ullmark signing was a sneaky good pick up that could eventually mean Tukka is gone. Bringing back Taylor Hall is going to mean two excellent lines, at the very least.

The core is getting old so this might be one of the last real Cup shots they have for a while, so should be an exciting year.

Go Bruins.

Re: Boston Bruins 2021-22
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 04:08:41 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Re-signing Hall was a huge plus—he played great after Boston acquired him, and if he can keep that up, that gives them another big weapon. And I agree that this could be the last really good chance with this group; hopefully they take advantage of the opportunity.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 12:37:09 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Are this year's Bruins good enough to win the Cup ? Enough talent ?
Have they fixed what has led to playoff losses these past few seasons ?

Been a Bruins fan since the 70's. In high school, I would listen to them and the Celtics on WBZ radio
at night when the airwaves would clear up and I could get reception down here in Knoxville.

But I don't follow them closely enough to know the answers to my questions
and I sure would like to end this string of extremely frustrating playoff losses of late.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 08:57:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

We’re one of the teams that has a legitimate shot at the Cup.  That’s all we can ask for.  We’ve basically had a decade or more of contention.  I’ve come to accept that hockey, inherently, is a sport that is going to have somewhat random outcomes.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 08:45:44 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

We’re one of the teams that has a legitimate shot at the Cup.  That’s all we can ask for.  We’ve basically had a decade or more of contention.  I’ve come to accept that hockey, inherently, is a sport that is going to have somewhat random outcomes.

Well said. The puck can bounce in odd ways. A goalie feeling under the weather in a playoff series is all it may take for an upset. There’s a reason why it’s the only professional Big 4 sport where teams that barely make the playoffs sometimes win it all.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 07:22:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Go B's!  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 07:37:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah looks like the B's will get swept lol (ugh)

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 09:44:36 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Don't be such a downer  ;)  Looks like the Bs are going to win this one and will only be down 2-1 in the series. There is still hope!

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 09:53:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Don't be such a downer  ;)  Looks like the Bs are going to win this one and will only be down 2-1 in the series. There is still hope!

Yeah kudos to them. They finally woke up late in the first period and were awesome the final two periods.

They have the momentum, hopefully it continues into Game 4

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2022, 03:26:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
No Lindholm. No McAvoy. Huge win to make it a series.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2022, 04:10:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
No Lindholm. No McAvoy. Huge win to make it a series.

Yeah obviously the guy above who said the B's are probably getting swept is an idiot

:laugh:

But they really showed me something today. Facing adversity without Lindholm + McAvoy and despite a good start by Carolina today, the B's were very resilient and for the first time in a long time, I thought they were actually physical and really bought it to some of the Hurricanes' toughest guys too.

Also, not to say Ullmark is bad and definitely not saying he's the reason they lost Games 1 + 2. But even during the regular season you felt like the B's played more engaged with Swayman in net than Ullmark, and Swayman has made some big saves in both of the last two games which seemed to give the team momentum. They should ride Swayman the rest of the series and hopefully McAvoy can come back soon.

At the very least, there'll be at least one more Bruins game at TD Garden this season  ;D

Carolina does have a bit of a choking factor too and they seemed rattled today especially that third period. There's definitely pressure on them now otherwise the B's could steal this series for real

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2022, 09:23:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
Okay, so this one is over - Big win for the Bruins. Now, how are they going to win game 7?

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2022, 09:27:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Okay, so this one is over - Big win for the Bruins. Now, how are they going to win game 7?

Home ice is really playing a part this series, huh  :laugh:

But yeah. Anything can happen in Game 7s. It's nice that the B's are back at mostly full strength again with Lindholm back and he was very solid today. Simply put, they just got to find a way to ride the momentum and ideally start fast against Carolina on the road. It's weird but in all of the games AT Carolina the B's literally looked lifeless. Maybe that finally changes? Also they scored 1st today for the 1st time this series and that seemed to get them going. Maybe try that in Game 7

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2022, 09:34:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones

But yeah. Anything can happen in Game 7s. It's nice that the B's are back at mostly full strength again with Lindholm back and he was very solid today. Simply put, they just got to find a way to ride the momentum and ideally start fast against Carolina on the road. It's weird but in all of the games AT Carolina the B's literally looked lifeless. Maybe that finally changes? Also they scored 1st today for the 1st time this series and that seemed to get them going. Maybe try that in Game 7

Yeah, this one has to give them momentum at least. On a selfish note, I really need the Bs to win this game 7 if the Cs aren't going to advance. Admittedly, I am a much bigger fan of the Celtics, but I'd really love to see a nice run by the Bruins.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2022, 09:35:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, this one has to give them momentum at least. On a selfish note, I really need the Bs to win this game 7 if the Cs aren't going to advance. Admittedly, I am a much bigger fan of the Celtics, but I'd really love to see a nice run by the Bruins.

Yeah it just hit me, if the C's win tomorrow, then there'll be two Game 7s this weekend for the Boston teams. Definitely will need to stock up on the heart medications  :laugh:

But boy imagine if they both play Game 7s... and win + advance  :angel:

I wonder what time Game 7 will be Saturday for the B's