Author Topic: Bruins 2021 Playoffs  (Read 26417 times)

Re: Bruins 2021 Playoffs
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2021, 09:01:43 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There we go. Up 2-0. Let's close this team out now!

Yup - just need to go out there and not totally blow it this last period. Great spot to be in!

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2021, 09:29:22 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
BERGY!!! Now up 3-1. Please let that be the dagger
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2021, 09:29:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Wow - this whole period has seemed like a WAS PP and then Bergeron somehow gets a wide open shot on goal. Hopefully that should do it.

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2021, 09:34:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Of course, right after Washington is just gifted a PP. Refs have done everything they can to help WAS this series  ::)

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2021, 09:44:26 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
WE'RE ON TO THE NEXT ROUND!!!!!

Dang especially after Game 1, to take down the Capitals in 5 is impressive  ;D

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2021, 09:44:35 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
4 straight, series over, well done Bruins, tremendous effort.

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2021, 09:45:10 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Dominant win. Wow.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2021, 09:48:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Dominant win. Wow.
Actually Washington dominated the game. Boston simply closed more scoring opportunities.

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2021, 10:23:45 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
That was a huge win last night. Not just because it prevents us from going down 2-0, but I think now it puts pressure on Craig Anderson going forward in the series. He's been solid, but to be honest I've also felt he's gotten really lucky with some of the B's players having an open net but either making an extra (useless) pass or missing the net. Thankfully Marchand had a WIDE OPEN net in OT and buried it.

B's really need to capitalize at home.

Also, kudos to Clifton. He played well last night and mostly neutralized Ovechkin. And the hits + physicality he bought were noticeable. I liked that we were a bit more aggressive last night than Game 1.

Rask hasn't been terrible this series, but I do think for us to advance we'll need him to be in "god-mode" at least one game this series (a low-scoring affair). I don't think he's been bad BUT there have been a few goals he's let in that he really should have had.

And Rask did just that tonight when we needed it! Washington put up 40 shots and Rask was like a brick wall tonight keeping them out. He was a huge reason we won tonight and are advancing. Hope he can keep it going

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2021, 11:06:24 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
10 year anniversary, let's get the W and bring the championship back home to Boston!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2021, 11:29:39 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
That was a huge win last night. Not just because it prevents us from going down 2-0, but I think now it puts pressure on Craig Anderson going forward in the series. He's been solid, but to be honest I've also felt he's gotten really lucky with some of the B's players having an open net but either making an extra (useless) pass or missing the net. Thankfully Marchand had a WIDE OPEN net in OT and buried it.

B's really need to capitalize at home.

Also, kudos to Clifton. He played well last night and mostly neutralized Ovechkin. And the hits + physicality he bought were noticeable. I liked that we were a bit more aggressive last night than Game 1.

Rask hasn't been terrible this series, but I do think for us to advance we'll need him to be in "god-mode" at least one game this series (a low-scoring affair). I don't think he's been bad BUT there have been a few goals he's let in that he really should have had.

And Rask did just that tonight when we needed it! Washington put up 40 shots and Rask was like a brick wall tonight keeping them out. He was a huge reason we won tonight and are advancing. Hope he can keep it going

A dominant performance in the net.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2021, 11:43:47 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Wrong thread

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2021, 01:17:24 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Good job by Rask and the Perfection Line. I'm a bit surprised that Boston polished off the Caps so quickly, but I ain't complaining!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2021, 07:22:08 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
One thing in watching the B's.  It just seems that other teams move the puck so much more fluidly than what they do.  I mean, they seem to get the job done, but watching the Caps break at times was amazing.  I'm not sure if that is talent/speed or coaching style.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2021, 09:24:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The strangest sight last night:

I still think we should have signed him for the minimum, even if the team doesn’t seem to miss him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes