Author Topic: 2021 Draft  (Read 70229 times)

Re: 2021 Draft
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2021, 05:09:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We have so many needs:

Replacement Starting PG
Starting Power Forward
Decent back up Center, who can cover strong centers like Embiid, Jokic

I think Danny will package Smart  with our first round pick to fill one of those needs (hopefully a really good starting point guard)...

Any thoughts on who player would be?  Smart plus the 16th pick should get us someone young, but with potential.

Here's who I see as an even talent-swap.  Not saying their teams would agree...

Dejounte Murray
John Collins
De'aron Fox (if we also included someone like Romeo, Nesmith, or Pritchard)
Domontis Sabonis

Lonzo Ball, in a sign and trade.

I am warming up to the idea of Lonzo in green. He would give us length and passing at the point, while playing above average defense. Something we really haven’t had since Rondo was here. Smart can play defense and run an offense, but I want someone that can run an offense and play defense. There is a difference.

I am not entirely clear on the sign and trade rules but many have pointed out that you cannot accept a sign and trade player if you are over the Tax Apron unless the player you send out gets you under the apron.  And if you do that, you still become hard capped.  The internet seems to support this:

The team receiving the player cannot have a payroll that exceeds the so-called "apron"—a designated level above the NBA luxury tax threshold—after the trade. A team with a payroll above the apron can only receive a player in a sign-and-trade if the transaction drops that team's payroll below the apron. Once the transaction is complete, the team receiving the player is hard capped at the apron for the entire season.

This means we cannot sign and trade for Ball, John Collins, Markkanen, etc. unless we trade away enough salary to get under the apron and stay under the apron.  This probably means trading Walker with taking back very little salary to get under the apron at the end of the sign and trade deal and also not signing Fournier so we stay under the apron.

The Bulls in theory could sign and trade Markkanen to the Celtics for say $15M and we could send back Kemba Walker ($36M).  They have cap space to do this and it would get us about around $15M or $20M under the tax, maybe enough to sign Fournier.  In theory, Chicago could do this but I don't see why they would and I can't think of any other teams that would be in a position to a similar S&T.  And even if Chicago did this, we would be hard capped and may not even be able to fill up our roster.

It took me a while to get this but it is very unlikely that we are able to take on anyone in a sign and trade.
In the offseason cap holds count towards salary. So to get a Ball for Smart sign and trade done you probably have to salary dump Kemba and Thompson and renounce the rights to at least Fournier and maybe Kornet and Semi, too

So getting Ball, if he even would want to come here because, as we learned with Hayward, the player says who he will and will not be traded to, would cost:

Kemba
Thompson
Smart
Fournier

And maybe Semi and Kornet.

Seems like an awful lot to give up for Lonzo Ball. Especially given that Kemba, Smart and Fournier are all better all around basketball players.

I don't understand that point... If we can find a team (SA) to take Kemba's contract for a cheap contract + pick(s) and find another team to take TT expiring, we would have again plenty of cap space + full MLE and be able to extend Fourneir (or create TPE) after ...
So signing one of this player + extending Fournier (or TPE) + Full MLE + the remains of the last TPE... Can give us the possibility of a biggest shake up (of course if we find teams) I guess...
Here are the Celtics salaries for next year:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

In 2021-2022 here are the salary cap and luxury tax thresholds: $112 million and $136.6 million. The apron a team would be hardcapped at is about $6 million over the luxury tax.

They have $134 million in contracts and dead money for 12 players. The Celtics also have the following cap holds that count as salary until renounced or until a player signs with a team:

$11 TPE from Hayward S&T
$26.1 million for Fournier
$2.9 for Kornet
$16 million for Semi
$1.5 million for Tacko
$1.5 million for Waters
$2.7 million for their 1st round pick.

So let's say you want to sign a player for around $25 million. Your salary plus cap holds would need to get below $87 million. So you need to salary dump Kemba, probably with your 1st round pick. Then salary dump Thompson, probably for a couple 2nd rounders. Then cut Parker, saving $2.1 million.

That cuts $47.9 in salary, gets rid of your 1st round cap hold and gets you to $86.1 in salary, around $26 million under the cap with only 

But you still have your cap holds. To use all that $26 you need to renounce all the cap holds meaning you lose the $11 million TPE and can not use your rights to bring back Fournier, Kornet, Semi, Waters or Tacko. You could only re-sign the using cap space or the room extension at $4.9 million

And even after renouncing all those players and holds and trading away Kemba, Thompson, your 1st rounder and 2 second rounders and cutting Jabari you only have $26.1 million in cap  and the room extension to make the team better. But now you have only 9 players under contract and until you get enough players back on the team you now have 3 $1 million empty roster slot holds which now reduces your cap space to $23.1 million.

So that player you sign for the cap space and whoever you get in that room exception better be dang good because in doing things this way you lose:

Kemba
Thompson
Parker
Fournier
Kornet
Semi
Tacko
Waters
Your 1st round pick
2 2nd round picks
The $11 million Hayward TPE
The taxpayers MLE

All for who? Who is so good that it's worth giving all that up for? Because I've looked at the free agent list and don't see anyone the team could realistically sign that would be worth losing all those assets

Hold on. If I trade Smart ($13.8 mm) TT ($9.7 mm) and first round pick for sign and trade with NO for Lonzo Ball at $23 mm per over 4 years, why would I need to trade Kemba, etc.??  Assuming we are willing to pay luxury tax.  Salaries match in trade.
Because a sign and trade hardcaps the team at the apron, which is around $141 million. Meaning you lose the chance to bring back Fournier, you lose the $11 million Hayward TPE, and every move from that point on has to ensure you are under the apron.

So in essence to get Ball you lose Smart, Thompson, Fournier, the $11 million TPE, a 1st round pick and any flexibility to bring anyone else in....all for Lonzo Ball.

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2021, 05:21:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
We have so many needs:

Replacement Starting PG
Starting Power Forward
Decent back up Center, who can cover strong centers like Embiid, Jokic

I think Danny will package Smart  with our first round pick to fill one of those needs (hopefully a really good starting point guard)...

Any thoughts on who player would be?  Smart plus the 16th pick should get us someone young, but with potential.

Here's who I see as an even talent-swap.  Not saying their teams would agree...

Dejounte Murray
John Collins
De'aron Fox (if we also included someone like Romeo, Nesmith, or Pritchard)
Domontis Sabonis

Lonzo Ball, in a sign and trade.

I am warming up to the idea of Lonzo in green. He would give us length and passing at the point, while playing above average defense. Something we really haven’t had since Rondo was here. Smart can play defense and run an offense, but I want someone that can run an offense and play defense. There is a difference.

I am not entirely clear on the sign and trade rules but many have pointed out that you cannot accept a sign and trade player if you are over the Tax Apron unless the player you send out gets you under the apron.  And if you do that, you still become hard capped.  The internet seems to support this:

The team receiving the player cannot have a payroll that exceeds the so-called "apron"—a designated level above the NBA luxury tax threshold—after the trade. A team with a payroll above the apron can only receive a player in a sign-and-trade if the transaction drops that team's payroll below the apron. Once the transaction is complete, the team receiving the player is hard capped at the apron for the entire season.

This means we cannot sign and trade for Ball, John Collins, Markkanen, etc. unless we trade away enough salary to get under the apron and stay under the apron.  This probably means trading Walker with taking back very little salary to get under the apron at the end of the sign and trade deal and also not signing Fournier so we stay under the apron.

The Bulls in theory could sign and trade Markkanen to the Celtics for say $15M and we could send back Kemba Walker ($36M).  They have cap space to do this and it would get us about around $15M or $20M under the tax, maybe enough to sign Fournier.  In theory, Chicago could do this but I don't see why they would and I can't think of any other teams that would be in a position to a similar S&T.  And even if Chicago did this, we would be hard capped and may not even be able to fill up our roster.

It took me a while to get this but it is very unlikely that we are able to take on anyone in a sign and trade.
In the offseason cap holds count towards salary. So to get a Ball for Smart sign and trade done you probably have to salary dump Kemba and Thompson and renounce the rights to at least Fournier and maybe Kornet and Semi, too

So getting Ball, if he even would want to come here because, as we learned with Hayward, the player says who he will and will not be traded to, would cost:

Kemba
Thompson
Smart
Fournier

And maybe Semi and Kornet.

Seems like an awful lot to give up for Lonzo Ball. Especially given that Kemba, Smart and Fournier are all better all around basketball players.

I don't understand that point... If we can find a team (SA) to take Kemba's contract for a cheap contract + pick(s) and find another team to take TT expiring, we would have again plenty of cap space + full MLE and be able to extend Fourneir (or create TPE) after ...
So signing one of this player + extending Fournier (or TPE) + Full MLE + the remains of the last TPE... Can give us the possibility of a biggest shake up (of course if we find teams) I guess...
Here are the Celtics salaries for next year:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

In 2021-2022 here are the salary cap and luxury tax thresholds: $112 million and $136.6 million. The apron a team would be hardcapped at is about $6 million over the luxury tax.

They have $134 million in contracts and dead money for 12 players. The Celtics also have the following cap holds that count as salary until renounced or until a player signs with a team:

$11 TPE from Hayward S&T
$26.1 million for Fournier
$2.9 for Kornet
$16 million for Semi
$1.5 million for Tacko
$1.5 million for Waters
$2.7 million for their 1st round pick.

So let's say you want to sign a player for around $25 million. Your salary plus cap holds would need to get below $87 million. So you need to salary dump Kemba, probably with your 1st round pick. Then salary dump Thompson, probably for a couple 2nd rounders. Then cut Parker, saving $2.1 million.

That cuts $47.9 in salary, gets rid of your 1st round cap hold and gets you to $86.1 in salary, around $26 million under the cap with only 

But you still have your cap holds. To use all that $26 you need to renounce all the cap holds meaning you lose the $11 million TPE and can not use your rights to bring back Fournier, Kornet, Semi, Waters or Tacko. You could only re-sign the using cap space or the room extension at $4.9 million

And even after renouncing all those players and holds and trading away Kemba, Thompson, your 1st rounder and 2 second rounders and cutting Jabari you only have $26.1 million in cap  and the room extension to make the team better. But now you have only 9 players under contract and until you get enough players back on the team you now have 3 $1 million empty roster slot holds which now reduces your cap space to $23.1 million.

So that player you sign for the cap space and whoever you get in that room exception better be dang good because in doing things this way you lose:

Kemba
Thompson
Parker
Fournier
Kornet
Semi
Tacko
Waters
Your 1st round pick
2 2nd round picks
The $11 million Hayward TPE
The taxpayers MLE

All for who? Who is so good that it's worth giving all that up for? Because I've looked at the free agent list and don't see anyone the team could realistically sign that would be worth losing all those assets

Hold on. If I trade Smart ($13.8 mm) TT ($9.7 mm) and first round pick for sign and trade with NO for Lonzo Ball at $23 mm per over 4 years, why would I need to trade Kemba, etc.??  Assuming we are willing to pay luxury tax.  Salaries match in trade.
Because a sign and trade hardcaps the team at the apron, which is around $141 million. Meaning you lose the chance to bring back Fournier, you lose the $11 million Hayward TPE, and every move from that point on has to ensure you are under the apron.

So in essence to get Ball you lose Smart, Thompson, Fournier, the $11 million TPE, a 1st round pick and any flexibility to bring anyone else in....all for Lonzo Ball.

I see. Thx Nick. No, we can’t lose right to re-sign Fournier. But if he walks, it may be necessary. And if not for Ball, someone else who may want Smart.

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
While I am normally really into the NBA draft this year I have noticed I suffered a draft hang over from the never ending 2020 draft. I am just starting to research this draft and my early feeling is that it will be a really difficult class to project. The top 5 players all look like studs who would have been near locks to go #1 in 2020. My next 3 Barnes, Johnson, and Wagner feel like solid picks given their youth and the positional value of big wings. After those first 8 picks this class becomes wide open. I'm basing a lot of my early rankings off of the pick ranges currently predicted by Chad Ford, over time this will evolve into more of my tiered board.

I highligted some players who I like as possible Celtics

1   Cunningham
2    Mobley
3   Suggs
4   Kuminga
5   Green

6   Barnes
7   J Johnson
8   F Wagner

9   D Mitchell
10   K Johnson
11   Kisper
12   M Moody
13   K Jones
14   I Jackson
15   Cooper
16   Bouknight
17   Garuba
18   Giddey
19   Sengun very young and productive Turkich center, if he can shoot could be a nice starter in NBA
20   J Butler
21   J Springer young combo guard who needs to improve shot but has intriguing physical profile
22   C Thomas
23   G Brown 6'9 super athlete raw but plays a high value position
24   Z Williams kind of flopped based of highschool hype but has high ceiling
25   J Christopher
26   Santos big Brazilian wing who reportedly can shoot
27    Juzang
28   J Ayayi
29   Prkacin
30   Boston didn't produce in college but was a preseason lotto porspect, elite athlete
31   T Mann
32   M Mayer
33    M Bagely only played 12 games this season but showed potential as a big 3pt shooting wing
34   Dosunmu
35   T Clarke
36   Petrusev
37   Duke
38   D Johnson
39   McBride
40   Nix
41   Queta
42   Shannon Jr
43   Sharpe
44   Huff could be a more athletic Kornet
45   Hukporti
46   Begarun
47   Robinson-Earl
48   Jokubaitis
49   Bassey
50   Mathurin
51   A Henry
52   M Hurt
53   S Lewis
54   Pons

Tre Mann of Florida, 6'5" PG, seems to be climbing in the draft.  You have him in 2nd round. ESPN has him ranked 18 currently, and going 19 to the Hawks in latest mock draft. I'd like your take on him as a potential future starting PG for the Celtics. Seems to have decent size, quickness and shooting stroke. 40% 3 point shooter.  Big jump from Freshman to Sophomore year. Plus playmaker.  thx.

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2021, 05:48:55 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'd be looking to trade our 1st and use the remainder of our TPE for Larry Nance Jr.
I like the idea of combing the remaining TPE and our 1st rounder for an established veteran, but there has to be someone better than Larry Nance out there, right?
Larry Nance has actually become a very solid player. He's developed a three point shot these couple of years and is high-level defender in both frontcourt positions.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2021, 06:07:44 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
It would be nice if we can find a nice complementary front court to pair with Rob. Someone like Scottie Barnes or Greg Brown would make opponents hesitant on driving into the rim.

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2021, 01:02:46 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
While I am normally really into the NBA draft this year I have noticed I suffered a draft hang over from the never ending 2020 draft. I am just starting to research this draft and my early feeling is that it will be a really difficult class to project. The top 5 players all look like studs who would have been near locks to go #1 in 2020. My next 3 Barnes, Johnson, and Wagner feel like solid picks given their youth and the positional value of big wings. After those first 8 picks this class becomes wide open. I'm basing a lot of my early rankings off of the pick ranges currently predicted by Chad Ford, over time this will evolve into more of my tiered board.

I highligted some players who I like as possible Celtics

1   Cunningham
2    Mobley
3   Suggs
4   Kuminga
5   Green

6   Barnes
7   J Johnson
8   F Wagner

9   D Mitchell
10   K Johnson
11   Kisper
12   M Moody
13   K Jones
14   I Jackson
15   Cooper
16   Bouknight
17   Garuba
18   Giddey
19   Sengun very young and productive Turkich center, if he can shoot could be a nice starter in NBA
20   J Butler
21   J Springer young combo guard who needs to improve shot but has intriguing physical profile
22   C Thomas
23   G Brown 6'9 super athlete raw but plays a high value position
24   Z Williams kind of flopped based of highschool hype but has high ceiling
25   J Christopher
26   Santos big Brazilian wing who reportedly can shoot
27    Juzang
28   J Ayayi
29   Prkacin
30   Boston didn't produce in college but was a preseason lotto porspect, elite athlete
31   T Mann
32   M Mayer
33    M Bagely only played 12 games this season but showed potential as a big 3pt shooting wing
34   Dosunmu
35   T Clarke
36   Petrusev
37   Duke
38   D Johnson
39   McBride
40   Nix
41   Queta
42   Shannon Jr
43   Sharpe
44   Huff could be a more athletic Kornet
45   Hukporti
46   Begarun
47   Robinson-Earl
48   Jokubaitis
49   Bassey
50   Mathurin
51   A Henry
52   M Hurt
53   S Lewis
54   Pons

Tre Mann of Florida, 6'5" PG, seems to be climbing in the draft.  You have him in 2nd round. ESPN has him ranked 18 currently, and going 19 to the Hawks in latest mock draft. I'd like your take on him as a potential future starting PG for the Celtics. Seems to have decent size, quickness and shooting stroke. 40% 3 point shooter.  Big jump from Freshman to Sophomore year. Plus playmaker.  thx.

I haven't look into Mann much but my initial worries with Mann are if his shot is real (comp fresh to soph year) and he doesn't look overly athletic. It may be an insignificant stat but I was surprised to see as 6'5 190lb guard with a reported 6'9 wingspan he did not have a single dunk attempt in college. My first rankings where heavily influenced by Chad fords projections. My next board will be much different and focus on my predictions, 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2021, 05:03:50 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
D. Mitchell, J. Butler, M. Bagley and K. Johnson?

This draft is stacked...with names very similar to star players in the league!m

I still think Z. Williams(on) can be a Michael Porter Jr. lite. Or someone in that talent bucket. Tall wing that can shoot and drive as a 3rd option behind Tatum and Brown.

Of course our current Williams have been a mixed bag, we haven’t had a lot of luck with Green(es), maybe we should try another Brown?

« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2021, 01:11:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'd be looking to trade our 1st and use the remainder of our TPE for Larry Nance Jr.
I like the idea of combing the remaining TPE and our 1st rounder for an established veteran, but there has to be someone better than Larry Nance out there, right?
Larry Nance has actually become a very solid player. He's developed a three point shot these couple of years and is high-level defender in both frontcourt positions.
In the first couple of months he was top-3 in DPOY rankings for me! Really changed his game. Used to just be a dunker, now he can do it all
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2021, 05:27:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 02:53:54 PM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2021, 11:13:43 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Below is my first take on the tiers of this draft I only have listed 30 prospects to start. The same as past years I base my board on my rankings of the players and the order I would take them for the Celtics. I do not base my tiers on on the prospects projected out come (like chad ford) I instead build my tiers around players who I rank as even and then account for team need / roster fit.

Tier 1
1   Cunningham

Tier 2
2   Mobley
3   Suggs
4   Green
5   Kuminga

Tier 3
6   Barnes
7   J Johnson
8   F Wagner
9   J Springer
10   Giddey

Tier 4
11   K Johnson
12   M Moody
13   G Brown
14   Sengun
15   Kisper
16   I Jackson

Tier 5   
17   K Jones
18   D Mitchell
19   J Christopher
20   Bouknight
21   Z Williams
22   Boston

Tier 6
23   I Todd
24   Garuba
25   T Mann
26   J Butler
27   C Thomas
28   M Bagely
29   H Jones
30   Murphy III

I highlighted some of my favorites from each tier (excluding the top tiers who are not attainable by the celtics)

Tier 3,

I am really high on Barnes and think he has a long NBA career ahead of him as a high level role player who greatly effects winning. His combination of size, length, passing and perimeter defense could be on the B Simmons/D Green level. I really like him along side the Js and would be willing to trade Smart to go up and get him.

Springer is quickly becoming my favorite guy who could be available at #16. I really like his combination of extreme youth, positional strength, defensive potential, shooting potential, and the gamble that he grows. I have mentioned before that his father is reportedly 6'9 and has two brothers over 6'7. Currently listed at 6'4 205 its possible that he could end up a 6'6 215 combo guard. * another interesting note on Springer he is a really good statistical match to Suggs. Being a year younger and also on a very good college team this is intriguing for a player projected outside the lottery.

Tier 4

Greg Brown really scares me as a bust prospect but I still would take the shot if he is highest ranked guy available at #16. A 6'9 hyper athletic forward who is even an average NBA 3pt shooter is too valuable to pass on.

Tier 5

Christopher, Boston, and Williams all have the potential to develop into starting caliber wings. I like Christopher as a secondary creator type/ 6th man spark plug. Williams and Boston both need to develop their outside shot and transition into complimentary roles rather then center pieces of an offense. 

Tier 6

Todd has shown enough in the G-League to leave me confident that with some added strength he will be a rotational player

Bagley is a 6'8 bigger wing who can shoot. That is a value position.

Both Jones and Murphy seem like players who could make it as high level role players who go much higher in retrospective redrafts years from now. Murphy is a late growing wing who at 6'9 with a 7'1 wingspan has ideal measurements. Jones is a really well rounded wing who should be able to defend right away.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 03:16:10 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2021, 12:21:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Below is my first take on the tiers of this draft I only have listed 30 prospects to start. The same as past years I base my board on my rankings of the players and the order I would take them for the Celtics. I do not base my tiers on on the prospects projected out come (like chad ford) I instead build my tiers around players who I rank as even and then account for team need / roster fit.

Tier 1
1   Cunningham

Tier 2
2   Mobley
3   Suggs
4   Green
5   Kuminga

Tier 3
6   Barnes
7   J Johnson
8   F Wagner
9   J Springer
10   Giddey

Tier 4
11   K Johnson
12   M Moody
13   G Brown
14   Sengun
15   Kisper
16   I Jackson

Tier 5   
17   K Jones
18   D Mitchell
19   J Christopher
20   Bouknight
21   Z Williams
22   Boston

Tier 6
23   I Todd
24   Garuba
25   T Mann
26   J Butler
27   C Thomas
28   M Bagely
29   H Jones
30   Murphy III

I highlighted some of my favorites from each tier (excluding the top tiers who are not attainable by the celtics)

Tier 3,

I am really high on Barnes and think he has a long NBA career ahead of him as a high level role player who greatly effects winning. His combination of size, length, passing and perimeter defense could be on the B Simmons/D Green level. I really like him along side the Js and would be willing to trade Smart to go up and get him.

Springer is quickly becoming my favorite guy who could be available at #16. I really like his combination of extreme youth, positional strength, defensive potential, shooting potential, and the gamble that he grows. I have mentioned before that his father is reportedly 6'9 and has two brothers over 6'7. Currently listed at 6'4 205 its possible that he could end up a 6'6 215 combo guard.

Tier 4

Greg Brown really scares me as a bust prospect but I still would take the shot if he is highest ranked guy available at #16. A 6'9 hyper athletic forward who is even an average NBA 3pt shooter is too valuable to pass on.

Tier 5

Christopher, Boston, and Williams all have the potential to develop into starting caliber wings. I like Christopher as a secondary creator type/ 6th man spark plug. Williams and Boston both need to develop their outside shot and transition into complimentary roles rather then center pieces of an offense. 

Tier 6

Todd has shown enough in the G-League to leave me confident that with some added strength he will be a rotational player

Both Jones and Murphy seem like players who could make it as high level role players who go much higher in retrospective redrafts years from now. Murphy is a late growing wing who at 6'9 with a 7'1 wingspan has ideal measurements. Jones is a really well rounded wing who should be able to defend right away.

I think its decent

but dont agree with some of the tiering

Suggs should be tier 1.   He reminds me of Chris Paul.  Very composed, calculating and skilled.   

Wagner can guard, pass and do a little bit of everything. But lacks a consistent jump shot/threat.   Indecisive. 

So not sure if tier 3...

Giddey the same. He has a broken jump shot

« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2021, 02:00:10 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Tier 1
1   Cunningham

Tier 2
2   Mobley
3   Suggs
4   Green
5   Kuminga

Tier 3
6   Barnes
7   J Johnson
8   F Wagner
9   J Springer
10   Giddey

Tier 4
11   K Johnson
12   M Moody
13   G Brown
14   Sengun
15   Kisper
16   I Jackson

Tier 5   
17   K Jones
18   D Mitchell
19   J Christopher
20   Bouknight
21   Z Williams
22   Boston

Tier 6
23   I Todd
24   Garuba
25   T Mann
26   J Butler
27   C Thomas
28   M Bagely
29   H Jones
30   Murphy III

Tier 3,

Springer is quickly becoming my favorite guy who could be available at #16. I really like his combination of extreme youth, positional strength, defensive potential, shooting potential, and the gamble that he grows. I have mentioned before that his father is reportedly 6'9 and has two brothers over 6'7. Currently listed at 6'4 205 its possible that he could end up a 6'6 215 combo guard.

Tier 4

Tier 5

Tier 6

I think its decent

Suggs should be tier 1.   He reminds me of Chris Paul.  Very composed, calculating and skilled.   

Wagner can guard, pass and do a little bit of everything. But lacks a consistent jump shot/threat.   Indecisive. 

So not sure if tier 3...

I am really high on Suggs. I felt Cunningham warranted being a tier above but I am confident that every player in Tier 2 has an allstar ceiling and would have been the tier 1 in last years draft.

I understand the reservations with Wagner, I feel like his shot will eventually become the strength of his game and combined with his impressive stat sheet and size I am confident in him becoming a sold starting 3/4. He is reportedly 6'9 5/8 in shoes and 226lbs making him the same size John Collins was at the combine.

With Giddey I just think size and creation are so valuable in the NBA that its a mistake to not take him in the lottery. Ball and Hampton have done a lot to legitimize the Australian league with their play as rookies. To be 18 6'8 and average 7ast and 7reb a game vs pro basketball players is impressive. His shot needs work but his feel and size with an average shot could make for a very good player who easily fits onto any roster construction. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2021, 06:41:42 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Is Duarte not in the tiers or did I miss it? He can be a legit 3 point shooter in the league. I also like Garumba a little higher. He has the body to be a physical rim runner.

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Tier 1
1   Cunningham

Tier 2
2   Mobley
3   Suggs
4   Green
5   Kuminga

Tier 3
6   Barnes
7   J Johnson
8   F Wagner
9   J Springer
10   Giddey

Tier 4
11   K Johnson
12   M Moody
13   G Brown
14   Sengun
15   Kisper
16   I Jackson

Tier 5   
17   K Jones
18   D Mitchell
19   J Christopher
20   Bouknight
21   Z Williams
22   Boston

Tier 6
23   I Todd
24   Garuba
25   T Mann
26   J Butler
27   C Thomas
28   M Bagely
29   H Jones
30   Murphy III

Tier 3,

Tier 4

Tier 5

Tier 6

I think its decent

So not sure if tier 3...

I am really high on Suggs. I felt Cunningham warranted being a tier above but I am confident that every player in Tier 2 has an allstar ceiling and would have been the tier 1 in last years draft.

I understand the reservations with Wagner, I feel like his shot will eventually become the strength of his game and combined with his impressive stat sheet and size I am confident in him becoming a sold starting 3/4. He is reportedly 6'9 5/8 in shoes and 226lbs making him the same size John Collins was at the combine.

With Giddey I just think size and creation are so valuable in the NBA that its a mistake to not take him in the lottery. Ball and Hampton have done a lot to legitimize the Australian league with their play as rookies. To be 18 6'8 and average 7ast and 7reb a game vs pro basketball players is impressive. His shot needs work but his feel and size with an average shot could make for a very good player who easily fits onto any roster construction.

7 and 7 is good. Giddey is in that Lonzo Ball category without the reliable jump shot.  Defense is ok from what I have see ... but Lonzo is better

Unless Giddey can be Ben Simmons effective... it wont be easy to excell at the nba without a decent shot. 

If Wagner keeps progressing with his shot.... went from 31 to 34 percent in 3s/quickens mechanics.   If he shot closer to 40 percent.... I think he would be a lock to go top 10.  Not sure if the Celts burnt a bridge by waiving his brother like that... or that family doesnt care

« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2021, 10:01:03 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
if Celts take a non big in the 1st

Baylors J. Butler, D. Mitchell or Juzang look like good options

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 10:12:08 AM by Tr1boy »