Author Topic: 2021 Draft  (Read 70172 times)

Re: 2021 Draft
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2021, 08:24:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
https://www.kcci.com/article/a-lighter-luka-garza-drops-18-lbs-in-a-month-as-nba-draft-nears/36576934#

A lighter Luka: Garza drops 18 lbs. in a month as NBA Draft nears

Projected to go 2nd. But could drop into late 1st if he can slim up

pretty skilled on the offensive end.  But slow on the D end. Only average wingspan for height
My man. A 250lbs Garza should be a lot more mobile. I'd take him in the 2nd round

Has anyone seen this Ismael Kamagate kid? The footage I've seen is poor but he looks very mobile.
I've seen a bit of him. He's a good level athlete, but very much a late bloomer. I don't think he's any chance of being drafted this year, but if he plays A-level basketball in France for a couple of years and shows development there. Hasn't showed enough for a draft and stash with guys like Hukporti and Dianko Badji in the 2nd round

Thanks for the info! That second-round pick is either traded or a stash.
If we go for a stash Hukporti or Bleijenbergh would be my pick. Give them a couple of years overseas
I approve of us drafting potential Vikings :laugh:
Would've been even more fun if Tommy Heinsohn was still around for the pronunciations (like Yabusele and Ojeleye), but it's okay

Tommy will always be there. I can hear him during games scream at the refs!!!!
He's the reason 'bogus' is a part of my basketball-viewing vocabulary
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2021, 05:25:28 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Sneaky opportunity to trade up in the draft. Hypothetically if the Pelicans want to move off from Lonzo, Marcus Smart would actually be an upgrade and a perfect fit.

They are currently on the clock with Zion and another rookie isn’t going to immediately improve their play, having Marcus as their ‘point guard’ will. He can lock down the oppositions best player, play the lane for steals, work his ass off on the boards and offensively just hit catch and shoot 3’s.

Having the Pelicans pick we could either take our targeted guy with their pick (10th pick pre lottery) and our 16th pick or move our pick for a future first.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 06:28:35 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2021, 07:13:42 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Hunter Dickinson is in the draft. Anyone have a good take on him? 7'2" really big.

« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2021, 07:18:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Hunter Dickinson is in the draft. Anyone have a good take on him? 7'2" really big.
Dollar shop Luka Garza for my mind. Similar strengths and weaknesses, only advantage is length and youth (but is less skilled)

« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2021, 07:30:17 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Dollar shop Luka Garza for my mind. Similar strengths and weaknesses, only advantage is length and youth (but is less skilled)

He seems to have some skill around the hoop and has an outside shot that he didn't seem to shoot a lot in college. Just 20. Seems to have good hands. He looks like a project, which we don't need. There is going to be a big in that second round.

« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2021, 07:33:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

He seems to have some skill around the hoop and has an outside shot that he didn't seem to shoot a lot in college. Just 20. Seems to have good hands. He looks like a project, which we don't need. There is going to be a big in that second round.
There are a bunch of bigs in the 2nd round I'd take a flier on.

Garza, Sharpe, Bassey, Queta, Hukporti, Sylla, Dianko Badji, Todd, Petrusev. All worth consideration, but for the most part all projects

« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2021, 07:39:46 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Garza, Sharpe, Bassey, Queta, Hukporti, Sylla, Dianko Badji, Todd, Petrusev. All worth consideration, but for the most part all projects

One of those will be a good player but which one?  ;D

« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2021, 07:44:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Probably the one not drafted by us :P

« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2021, 07:46:51 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Easy way ...

Eeny Meny Miny Moe .......I pick YOU  ;D

« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2021, 07:48:50 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

you can bet if Mavs , Spurs , Thunder choose it will be a decent pick .

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2021, 05:51:02 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

If we don't grab a big in the second round I hope we nab Marcus Garrett. I've heard some scuttlebutt about Smart being traded this summer because of his future contract situation and him being our best trade chip. Garrett would be our replacement.

« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2021, 07:15:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

If we don't grab a big in the second round I hope we nab Marcus Garrett. I've heard some scuttlebutt about Smart being traded this summer because of his future contract situation and him being our best trade chip. Garrett would be our replacement.
I like Jaden Springer as a potential first rounder if we aggressively move Smart or Kemba. He's an elite point of attack defender, good shooting stroke (high efficiency but low attempts) and is pretty darn athletic. Probably a secondary playmaker at best, but that's alright I reckon

« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2021, 08:08:41 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

I like Jaden Springer as a potential first rounder if we aggressively move Smart or Kemba. He's an elite point of attack defender, good shooting stroke (high efficiency but low attempts) and is pretty darn athletic. Probably a secondary playmaker at best, but that's alright I reckon

I like Springer even if Kemba and Smart are back. As a 19 year old rookie he would probably be best served playing behind and practicing against Smart. Long term I like his fit playing off of Tatum, Brown, and Pritchard. He would give the Cs a nice point of attack defender capable of switching in a similar manner to Smart.

I’ll also mention again his potential to grow given that his dad is 6’9 and oldest brothers are 6’7. Easily could see him as a 6’5 215lb combo guard
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2021, 08:34:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I like Springer even if Kemba and Smart are back. As a 19 year old rookie he would probably be best served playing behind and practicing against Smart. Long term I like his fit playing off of Tatum, Brown, and Pritchard. He would give the Cs a nice point of attack defender capable of switching in a similar manner to Smart.

I’ll also mention again his potential to grow given that his dad is 6’9 and oldest brothers are 6’7. Easily could see him as a 6’5 215lb combo guard
I like him in general too, just using all my willpower to try and wish Franz Wagner or Josh Giddey into our lap

« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2021, 08:48:55 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

I like him in general too, just using all my willpower to try and wish Franz Wagner or Josh Giddey into our lap

This might be a bit of a hot take but I’m taking Springer over Giddy
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet