Author Topic: NCAA Final Four  (Read 21370 times)

Re: NCAA Final Four
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2021, 10:50:12 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Some of the Gonzaga guys like Timme and Kispert would scare me if we drafted them.  I mean they're great college players.
Id love to add Kispert, but not in the area some mocks have him. He's floating between 7-13 in some mocks. I think he can be a sniper at the next level, but that's a bit rich for my blood.
#JKJB

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2021, 11:19:56 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Crazy game, looking forward to the championship game. Let's see if the Zags have anything left (mentally and emotionally) after that effort. Let's hope that wasn't their "championship game" and that they have more left in the tank to try and pull off the unbeaten season.

I had a feeling that UCLA game took too much out of the Zags. It was their "final" so to speak.

Did UCLA take the fight out of them? Or did UCLA just expose Gonzaga's horrible defense?

They were a sieve last night. Felt like Baylor was shooting on an empty court.

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2021, 11:44:07 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Crazy game, looking forward to the championship game. Let's see if the Zags have anything left (mentally and emotionally) after that effort. Let's hope that wasn't their "championship game" and that they have more left in the tank to try and pull off the unbeaten season.

I had a feeling that UCLA game took too much out of the Zags. It was their "final" so to speak.

Did UCLA take the fight out of them? Or did UCLA just expose Gonzaga's horrible defense?

They were a sieve last night. Felt like Baylor was shooting on an empty court.
Gonzaga played basically no one all year after the first couple of weeks and had a very easy draw in the tournament.  Baylor on the other hand, was the #2 team all year long and played a much more consistently difficult schedule while dealing with a ton of cancelled and postponed games.  I just think Baylor was the more proven team and was probably just better. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2021, 12:07:26 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 89
Some of the Gonzaga guys like Timme and Kispert would scare me if we drafted them.  I mean they're great college players.
Id love to add Kispert, but not in the area some mocks have him. He's floating between 7-13 in some mocks. I think he can be a sniper at the next level, but that's a bit rich for my blood.

I thought Timme was Olynyk soft on defense and didn’t think he could guard the perimeter. Yet there he was switching on guards out on the perimeter. He didn’t do an amazing job, but he did a better job than most of the Zag guards did, who were getting blown by. He at least slowed them down or forced them to pass. Much better than I expected he could do.

The main reason the Zags lost is the same reason the UCLA game was so close. They weren’t getting rebounds because they did a poor job boxing out or ran back early on defense, and they couldn’t hit a 3 point shot. They shot poorly against UCLA and even worse against Baylor, while the Bears were lights out from 3.

That was a make or miss game and Gonzaga missed so many 3s that they should have been wearing green.

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
I got the feeling it was Baylor's night after the first possession when they muscled two offensive rebounds