Author Topic: NFL 2021 Season  (Read 175520 times)

Re: NFL 2021 Season
« Reply #1740 on: February 14, 2022, 12:21:40 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Sean McVay is the best coach in the National Football League. He’s made it to two Super Bowls in 4 years, winning one of them, with two different QB’s. 

I’m not a fan of the Rams either. Was pulling for the Bengals.

I wouldn't say he's the best coach in the NFL. He's made a lot of very questionable play calls nearly cost his team the games. I would say he got lucky this season and they bought their championship.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1741 on: February 14, 2022, 01:58:46 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
After Kupp's winning TD, Cris Collinsworth said he doesn't know if he's ever seen two players perform as well in pressure situations as Stafford and Kupp.

Ummmm, Tom Brady maybe?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1742 on: February 14, 2022, 02:07:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
After Kupp's winning TD, Cris Collinsworth said he doesn't know if he's ever seen two players perform as well in pressure situations as Stafford and Kupp.

Ummmm, Tom Brady maybe?
Brady and Edelman spring immediately to mind. Brady and Amendola also had some amazing efforts under pressure.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1743 on: February 14, 2022, 02:13:58 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Ummmm, Tom Brady maybe?

Brady Edelman. Brady Gronk. Brady Amendola. Esp Brady/Edelman in 2016.

Don't know what Collinsworth was smoking tonight.

« Reply #1744 on: February 14, 2022, 07:13:31 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ummmm, Tom Brady maybe?
Brady and Edelman spring immediately to mind. Brady and Amendola also had some amazing efforts under pressure.

And Brady / Gronk.  And Montana / Rice.

Kupp was amazing in that last drive, because he kept getting open no matter the coverage. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1745 on: February 14, 2022, 07:23:59 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Sean McVay is the best coach in the National Football League. He’s made it to two Super Bowls in 4 years, winning one of them, with two different QB’s. 

I’m not a fan of the Rams either. Was pulling for the Bengals.

I wouldn't say he's the best coach in the NFL. He's made a lot of very questionable play calls nearly cost his team the games. I would say he got lucky this season and they bought their championship.

I agree that he's not the best coach.

I disagree that he was lucky or that the Rams bought a championship.  You can't buy titles under the salary cap anymore; the teams that have tried have generally failed miserably.  And, to the Rams credit, they won that game without their WR2, WR3 (in second quarter), TE1, and TE2 on offense and their starting safety on defense.  Cincy was quite a bit healthier regarding its key players, I believe.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1746 on: February 14, 2022, 11:59:26 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Best commercial from the SB. Absolute classic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5-rSxilxo
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1747 on: February 14, 2022, 12:49:01 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
 Not disputing that Kupp had a great game, but it was the defensive line that won the game.  I can’t say whether it was Donald or Miller specifically or the D-line on the whole, but they were dominant and the most valuable component to the win. Great opportunity to give defense a nod and went with a wide receiver instead.

« Reply #1748 on: February 14, 2022, 01:35:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Not disputing that Kupp had a great game, but it was the defensive line that won the game.  I can’t say whether it was Donald or Miller specifically or the D-line on the whole, but they were dominant and the most valuable component to the win. Great opportunity to give defense a nod and went with a wide receiver instead.

Both were probably equally valuable.  Does the team win without Kupp getting himself open repeatedly despite double teams?  Or his clutch fourth down run?

« Reply #1749 on: February 14, 2022, 01:48:58 PM »

• Satch Sanders

I guess offense will always be viewed as more ... flashy? attention-worthy? And that's in pretty much every sport. I feel like they're of equal importance, generally speaking, and in the particular case of last night's game the Rams needed both—Kupp and the D-line. But a point in favor of your argument is that Kupp, Stafford, et al. would've been in no position to win at the end if the D-line hadn't kept the Rams in it with such great defense in the second half. Six sacks in the second half! Donald, Miller, Floyd, Jones, and Robinson were especially critical.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1750 on: February 14, 2022, 01:55:27 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
From what I read, MVP votes were due before the two minute warning, so who knows what would've happened if they had waited until end of the game but it may have swung in Donald's favor.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1751 on: February 14, 2022, 02:39:49 PM »

• Satch Sanders
From what I read, MVP votes were due before the two minute warning, so who knows what would've happened if they had waited until end of the game but it may have swung in Donald's favor.

I'm actually kinda glad for the simple fact that it didn't go to a QB—not that QBs never deserve it, but oftentimes it seems like the voters just automatically give it to the winning QB. It's nice to see other positions recognized.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1752 on: February 14, 2022, 02:46:54 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I didn’t even see it…thanks for posting. You get a TP.

« Reply #1753 on: February 14, 2022, 04:34:26 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

I didn’t even see it…thanks for posting. You get a TP.

Np. I think that commercial and the halftime show were better than the Super Bowl itself. Also this is the runner up for best commercial. Good stuff.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEuEBT0TWQE
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 04:45:26 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1754 on: February 14, 2022, 04:37:47 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

I'm actually kinda glad for the simple fact that it didn't go to a QB—not that QBs never deserve it, but oftentimes it seems like the voters just automatically give it to the winning QB. It's nice to see other positions recognized.

Edelman won in 2018!