Author Topic: NFL 2021 Season  (Read 173201 times)

Re: NFL 2021 Season
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 01:37:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
And the Dolphins just made another trade!

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Eagles traded their sixth to the Dolphins for No. 12 and their 2022 first-round pick. Teams also swapped mid-round picks -- Eagles' pick 156 for No. 123.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 01:38:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Big trade today.  Gonna think Jimmy G is gone.  That's a good haul for MIA.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Dolphins trading No. 3 overall pick to the San Francisco 49ers for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick (SF’s comp pick for Robert Saleh hiring) and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per sources.

Blockbuster deal with massive ramifications for years to come.

Dang.  Two firsts and a third to move down nine slots?  Yes, please.

Yeah, you can't pass that up from a value standpoint.

My guess is, they could package the number 12 with one of those first and the third, and move back up to number four to take the guy they would have anyway.

But, since I am a Tua fan, I’m hoping they stay put and take one of the Alabama receivers.

That Miami Houston deal is starting to look like a “KG and Pierce to Brooklyn” level heist.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 01:40:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
And the Dolphins just made another trade!

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Eagles traded their sixth to the Dolphins for No. 12 and their 2022 first-round pick. Teams also swapped mid-round picks -- Eagles' pick 156 for No. 123.

Lol.  See my post above this one.  I thought that something like this might be an option.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2021, 02:02:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'm not so sure that the Jets or the Niners even take a QB and I suspect they both don't.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2021, 02:03:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'm not so sure that the Jets or the Niners even take a QB and I suspect they both don't.

Why would the 49ers give up two firsts and a third to move up for somebody other than a QB?

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2021, 02:22:59 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Why would the 49ers give up two firsts and a third to move up for somebody other than a QB?

Agree, their GM should be fired if they did this for a position player. Position players don't move the needle anywhere near enough to justify that cost, though a QB can.

It is rare to be in position to get a potentially elite QB. When you get that chance you take it.

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 02:24:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

To protect Jimmy or provide a target for him.  Since the start of 2017, the Niners are 22-8 with Jimmy and 7-27 without him.  The Niners are awful when Jimmy doesn't play and elite when he does (see the record).  Finding him a premier weapon like Pitts or premier tackle like Sewell may provide more long term value for the franchise, then taking a project QB that may never be better than Jimmy anyway. 

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 02:26:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Agree, their GM should be fired if they did this for a position player. Position players don't move the needle anywhere near enough to justify that cost, though a QB can.

It is rare to be in position to get a potentially elite QB. When you get that chance you take it.
Who is the potentially elite QB that could possibly be available at 3 (i.e. not Lawrence)?  Sure maybe Fields, Wilson, Lance, etc. ends up elite, but it is far more likely that person never ends up as good as Jimmy.  And why go to 3 right now.  Why not wait to see how the draft unfolds.  I think it is just as likely they want Pitts or Sewell as a QB.

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2021, 02:27:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Come again....? Do you think they are giving up the farm for a WR or a LB lol.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2021, 02:29:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

To protect Jimmy or provide a target for him.  Since the start of 2017, the Niners are 22-8 with Jimmy and 7-27 without him.  The Niners are awful when Jimmy doesn't play and elite when he does (see the record).  Finding him a premier weapon like Pitts or premier tackle like Sewell may provide more long term value for the franchise, then taking a project QB that may never be better than Jimmy anyway.

Yeah, they are definitely grabbing a QB. No way you give up that many assets for any other position other than a QB.

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2021, 02:32:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Who is the potentially elite QB that could possibly be available at 3 (i.e. not Lawrence)?  Sure maybe Fields, Wilson, Lance, etc. ends up elite, but it is far more likely that person never ends up as good as Jimmy.  And why go to 3 right now.  Why not wait to see how the draft unfolds.  I think it is just as likely they want Pitts or Sewell as a QB.

I agree with the sentiment from another poster in this thread. If you spend three number ones and a third on an OT or TE, you should lose your job. That would be especially true for a team that already has Kittle on the roster (regarding Pitts).

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2021, 02:33:01 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yeah, they are definitely grabbing a QB. No way you give up that many assets for any other position other than a QB.

Yeah, I think that move is screaming QB.   You don't dump that much draft capital unless you're going after a cornerstone QB.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2021, 02:39:25 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Yeah, I think that move is screaming QB.   You don't dump that much draft capital unless you're going after a cornerstone QB.

And a lot of media members have insinuated that Shanahan doesn't like Garoppolo and wants to get his own guy.

This thing has been brewing for a while now, and, if I'm Jimmy G, seeing SF get #3 is a huge red flag. There's a chance they keep him for this year as they develop their new QB, but jimmy's days in SF are numbered for sure.

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2021, 02:43:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

And a lot of media members have insinuated that Shanahan doesn't like Garoppolo and wants to get his own guy.

This thing has been brewing for a while now, and, if I'm Jimmy G, seeing SF get #3 is a huge red flag. There's a chance they keep him for this year as they develop their new QB, but jimmy's days in SF are numbered for sure.

They better keep him, because starting a rookie  quarterback when another team owns your first rounder is pretty risky.

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2021, 03:04:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I get it is a lot to give up and teams usually only do that for a QB, but unless they absolutely love 2 QB's equally (that aren't Lawrence) why move to 3 and why move to 3 now.  The draft is weird and if they do want a QB he might go 2 or he might be available much later.  It is just a very strange move to make now, which is why it might not actually be about a QB, especially when they win at an elite level with their still relatively young QB.