Author Topic: Romeo Lanford = Hayward?  (Read 3145 times)

Romeo Lanford = Hayward?
« on: November 21, 2020, 09:58:52 PM »

Offline $Mike$

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I liked Hayward and wanted Bos to resign. Can't blame him for taking $30 mil multi year..is a break out year for Romeo Langford a realistic possibility?

Re: Romeo Lanford = Hayward?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 10:02:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I liked Hayward and wanted Bos to resign. Can't blame him for taking $30 mil multi year..is a break out year for Romeo Langford a realistic possibility?
i believe that the key for langford is he finally makes three point shots reliably. if he can do this, then it is a break out year for him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 10:02:37 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Equal?    Completely unfair.

Can he be on the level of a starting/heavy rotation swingman?   Yes.   

While I hope the Celtics find a vet swingman who deserves minutes, the best  case is still if Langford earns those minutes over that player before the season is over.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 10:03:57 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Probably not a breakout year because he’ll be starting the season on the injured list.

But he could continue to improve, so that by the end of the year he’s earned himself consistent minutes (~15 per game like Semi averaged this past season).

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 10:04:13 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Maybe 2019 Hayward if he exceeds expectations.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 10:16:37 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
I might have higher expectations for Langford if he wasn't spending the offseason recovering from injuries (plural).  I like the kid and I do think he has a fairly high ceiling, but he isn't going to reach it laid up on the couch in a cast. 

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 10:17:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
As somebody mentioned in one of these threads, Romeo Langford is basically the N'Keal Harry of football.

We'll see how he does.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 10:26:57 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
He needs to improve his jump shot and he can’t practice it with his injured wrist.  He couldn’t last offseason either because of his injured thumb.  It may take him a couple of years. 

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 10:27:39 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
As somebody mentioned in one of these threads, Romeo Langford is basically the N'Keal Harry of football.

We'll see how he does.

I think it's unfair to cite Langfords inability to stay on the court and not mention Hayworth's inability to stay on the court.

I think Langford has more of a James Young vibe ultimately.

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 10:29:44 PM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I love Romeo. I loved him when we drafted him and I still love him. I think he's a stud, and within a couple of years, he might be a top three or four player on this team. However, his game is absolutely nothing like Hayward's. If you are expecting him to somehow replace what Hayward brought to the table, you are going to be very disappointed.

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 10:30:19 PM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

We'll see how he does.

I think it's unfair to cite Langfords inability to stay on the court and not mention Hayworth's inability to stay on the court.

Except Langford has already shown elite defensive potential while Young showed absolutely nothing here. That comparison isn't even remotely close.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 10:41:46 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
First he has to prove that he's not made of glass and can stay on the court. Then he has to develop a shot. So the jury is still very much out on him. Yes he can defend, but so can Javonte Green. And for now at least Green's better offensively - and Green is basically a scrub at this level.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2020, 11:00:19 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
First he has to prove that he's not made of glass and can stay on the court. Then he has to develop a shot. So the jury is still very much out on him. Yes he can defend, but so can Javonte Green. And for now at least Green's better offensively - and Green is basically a scrub at this level.

Eh, I think Green is a trash defender.  Romeo is way better on defense.  So I disagree on that point. 

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2020, 11:11:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

We'll see how he does.

Except Langford has already shown elite defensive potential while Young showed absolutely nothing here. That comparison isn't even remotely close.
You see that a lot with ID
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2020, 11:17:31 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I think Langford is going to be a stud but as a wing not a swing.