Author Topic: Available Payroll? Cousins?  (Read 3844 times)

Available Payroll? Cousins?
« on: November 21, 2020, 10:10:55 PM »

Offline $Mike$

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
After Thompson and Teague, is there money remaining to sign a veteran minimum or roster room? Thoughts on D Cousins?

Re: Available Payroll? Cousins?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 10:15:12 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not sure if there's a point in getting Cousins. We've got Thompson, Theis, and Rob Williams.  Even Grant as a pinch-hitting 5.

Would prefer to go after Ilyasova or a 3 point shooting 2/3. Bazemore if he's available for little money?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 10:54:29 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Much like how people said Teague was good because Pritchard, Edwards and Waters are not to be relied on.

I'm say Cousins would be good because TL, GW, Theis and RW are not to be relied on. All most the guys are smaller and/or have missed a lot of time for injuries

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 10:56:28 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Not sure if there's a point in getting Cousins. We've got Thompson, Theis, and Rob Williams.  Even Grant as a pinch-hitting 5.

Would prefer to go after Ilyasova or a 3 point shooting 2/3. Bazemore if he's available for little money?
Yeah, I think our big man lineup is pretty shored up. We have RWIII, Theis and Thompson as traditional big men, and we have Tatum and G. Will that play small ball 4.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 10:57:41 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Much like how people said Teague was good because Pritchard, Edwards and Waters are not to be relied on.

I'm say Cousins would be good because TL, GW, Theis and RW are not to be relied on. All most the guys are smaller and/or have missed a lot of time for injuries
So your answer is Cousins who hasn’t played basketball in two years due to severe injuries?!?!?

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 11:03:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Can Cousins be relied on? He's a huge injury risk as a 7 footer with 3 major lower body injuries.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 11:08:15 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

So your answer is Cousins who hasn’t played basketball in two years due to severe injuries?!?!?
Do you know a better boom or buster addition you can get at the vet min? If healthy he is better than anything we have. The OP is asking at the Vet Min would you consider adding.

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 11:09:41 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Can Cousins be relied on? He's a huge injury risk as a 7 footer with 3 major lower body injuries.
No he can't be relied on health wise either but at Vet min I'd gamble on the shot.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 11:10:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Do you know a better boom or buster addition you can get at the vet min? If healthy he is better than anything we have. The OP is asking at the Vet Min would you consider adding.
Your initial point was that Cousins, who absolutely cannot be relied upon one bit (and I like the idea of him), would be good because we have too much youth at the 5. Now it's that he's the best boom or bust addition? Not consistent at all

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 11:13:56 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

He is the definition of cooked. ACL and Achilles injuries. Bad teammate. He didn’t look anything like himself the last he played. Dont think the Cs would be interested.

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 11:23:15 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

I'm say Cousins would be good because TL, GW, Theis and RW are not to be relied on. All to most the guys are smaller and/or have missed a lot of time for injuries
Your initial point was that Cousins, who absolutely cannot be relied upon one bit (and I like the idea of him), would be good because we have too much youth at the 5. Now it's that he's the best boom or bust addition? Not consistent at all
No, read it again. Clearly says they are smaller guys and injuries are why they can't be relied on.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 11:26:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I'm say Cousins would be good because TL, GW, Theis and RW are not to be relied on. All to most the guys are smaller and/or have missed a lot of time for injuries
No, read it again. Clearly says they are smaller guys and injuries are why they can't be relied on.
Guess we better sign a guy who hasn't played in 2 years due to injury then :)

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2020, 11:29:28 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

He is the definition of cooked. ACL and Achilles injuries. Bad teammate. He didn’t look anything like himself the last he played. Dont think the Cs would be interested.
First off all Cousins teammates have said he is a good teammate. The guys in G.S., Rondo, Davis and others love him. He was the first person AD called when he won. He gets into it with opposing players not his teammates.

As for the injuries if he doesn't pass medical you don't sign him.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2020, 11:37:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

If they can sign Thompson and Teague who haven't made a difference in 3 years then yeah why not?

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2020, 11:38:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

If they can sign Thompson and Teague who haven't made a difference in 3 years then yeah why not?
Rofl. You can't expect to be taken seriously if you say things like that