Author Topic: Turner McDermott vs. Thompson Teague  (Read 9380 times)

Re: Turner McDermott vs. Thompson Teague
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2020, 11:07:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kanter + a 1st >> Thompson
Wanna = Teague

Hayward>>>Nothing
I really got a good laugh at Wanamaker being equal to Teague, and Kanter + a bad pick being much better than a double-double machine. Ludicrous talent assessment
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2020, 11:15:09 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wanna = Teague

Hayward>>>Nothing
I really got a good laugh at Wanamaker being equal to Teague, and Kanter + a bad pick being much better than a double-double machine. Ludicrous talent assessment
Do you realise that per 36 Kanter is superior to Thompson in pts and rebounds by a good margin. The defense and passing is close by the numbers as well.

Then Wana has some better advanced stats than Teague as well so that is why I called them equal.

For all the hate we are giving Kanter and Wana we are ignoring the #s in regards to Thompson and Teague. Classic, "the grass is greener".

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 11:16:31 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd much rather have Thompson and Teague.  Those guys seem much more predictable and reliable in what they will provide, plus you get more toughness with those two.  I think if we had Turner we would always be expecting more production from him due to his salary.  I think Turner would have been a disappointment.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2020, 11:18:34 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Idk.  But worth asking the question based on reports that Danny wanted Warren and Aaron Holiday.   I think Warren/Holiday would have been better, but I'm not at all disappointed in the consolation prize.  Also, Danny isn't done.  Let's see what he gets from Charlotte and where that leads him.
The Charlotte thing is pretty much a done deal, right? Didn't waiving Batum clear enough room for Hayward where they wouldn't have to do a S&T?

it hasn't been done yet, just reported so S&T still possible

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2020, 11:20:29 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I'm quite happy with Thompson and Teague but Turner has a lot more potential upside, especially if he could grow as a passer which I think he could on this team.

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2020, 11:22:25 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Wanna = Teague

Hayward>>>Nothing
Do you realise that per 36 Kanter is superior to Thompson in pts and rebounds by a good margin. The defense and passing is close by the numbers as well.

Then Wana has some better advanced stats than Teague as well so that is why I called them equal.

For all the hate we are giving Kanter and Wana we are ignoring the #s in regards to Thompson and Teague. Classic, "the grass is greener".

This is a really weird take. Kanter on the C’s was a rebounding machine but he was playable only in specific matchups. TT isn’t some world beater but he should start over Theis, which is something Kanter couldn’t do.

- LilRip

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 11:23:11 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Wanna = Teague

Hayward>>>Nothing

Per 36 stats are useless when Kanter will never be a player that can come close to that amount of minutes. It's fools gold. Any defense metric that that puts Thompson on par with Kanter is an incredibly flawed one.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2020, 11:25:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Wanna = Teague

Hayward>>>Nothing

I don't care that a sparingly used bench big has better per36 numbers than a starting big (who had the worst supporting cast in the comp), at all. The defence and passing is also not close at all.

Some advanced metrics having Wana close to Teague is meaningless. Advanced numbers can be twisted to mean anything if you try hard enough. Kanter had a higher PER than Gobert, RWIII had a higher BPM than Vucevic - none of these would be considered equal, would they?

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2020, 11:28:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
  TT isn’t some world beater but he should start over Theis, which is something Kanter couldn’t do.

I don’t see him starting over Theis.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2020, 11:30:34 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  TT isn’t some world beater but he should start over Theis, which is something Kanter couldn’t do.

Especially with how much Brad values system knowledge.

I'd like to start both while Langford is injured.

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2020, 11:33:18 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Wanna = Teague

Hayward>>>Nothing

I don't care that a sparingly used bench big has better per36 numbers than a starting big (who had the worst supporting cast in the comp), at all. The defence and passing is also not close at all.

Some advanced metrics having Wana close to Teague is meaningless. Advanced numbers can be twisted to mean anything if you try hard enough. Kanter had a higher PER than Gobert, RWIII had a higher BPM than Vucevic - none of these would be considered equal, would they?
No they would not, but when you compare bench player to bench player not starter to bench player they do compare.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2020, 11:36:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Wanna = Teague

Hayward>>>Nothing

No they would not, but when you compare bench player to bench player not starter to bench player they do compare.
So a bench player in Kanter is not comparable to a starter in Thompson? You've just undone half of your very own point

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2020, 11:39:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Wanna = Teague

Hayward>>>Nothing

So a bench player in Kanter is not comparable to a starter in Thompson? You've just undone half of your very own point
Drummond and Love are the starters. Thompson was almost bought out.

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2020, 11:41:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Wanna = Teague

Hayward>>>Nothing

Drummond and Love are the starters. Thompson was almost bought out.
Thompson started 89% of games in 2019-20, and 93% of games in 2018-19. What are you talking about?

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 11:49:42 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Especially with how much Brad values system knowledge.

I'd like to start both while Langford is injured.

I think its going to be a case of Theis starting when we want to go small ball which would be the default and Tristan would be the guy when we go up against the Embiids of the world. And obviously we also have the two Williamses to plug in there.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D