Author Topic: Will the Wolves and GSW trade down at draft day?  (Read 1952 times)

Will the Wolves and GSW trade down at draft day?
« on: November 16, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wolves would be foolish to not at least draft Wiseman and obtain additional assets, plus get the player they want a few spots down

I see the Hornets as a perfect candidate to strip resources from.  For example Miles Bridges or PJ Washington plus 3rd for Wiseman.  Or even a future 2021 1st likely holds good value as the Hornets are a fringe playoff to lotto team again next season. 

GSW per rumors supposedly like Vassell or Okongwu down the draft.   I could see how both would fit in nicely into their system (complimentary roles).   GSW could draft Ball or Edwards for the Hawks for Okongwu  (Hawks would have no need for him with Capela in their roster).  GSW could also gain Reddish or Huerter to beef up their bench scoring.  and/or a  future 1st or swap.   

It will be also interesting what Pistons, Knicks, Wizards plan to do.  If the Celtics can gain entry into the top 10, for a prospect they really like.

Unfortunately it always seems like the guy Danny wants,  the rest of the league wants them more.   

Re: Will the Wolves and GSW trade down at draft day?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 12:02:46 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'd say a bunch of smoke, but nothing happens.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 12:08:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You think so? 

I could see Hornets really wanting Wiseman.  Their big man situation is in a flux at the moment. 

Why risk just doing nothing when if a reasonable resource is asked for,  you make the trade happen.

I wouldn't even blink if all Wolves wanted was Miles Bridges and 3rd for Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

You think so? 

I could see Hornets really wanting Wiseman.  Their big man situation is in a flux at the moment. 

Why risk just doing nothing when if a reasonable resource is asked for,  you make the trade happen.

I wouldn't even blink if all Wolves wanted was Miles Bridges and 3rd for Wiseman

I'd make the Wolves draft him then. They have absolutely no use for him and the Hornets know that. I suppose the Warriors could go that route, but then the Hornets have a great back up plan in Okongwu. No reason to give up major additional assets to get a guy unless he is clearly the better prospect, and there is a lot of gray area in this draft.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 02:30:16 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 I think it’s gonna be
Edwards in Minny
Ball in GS
and I really think teams can trade up with Charlotte . But I’m going off YouTube’s. Ha. That’s what I’d do knowing Jack Squat. I see Lamelo’s game working really well with the splash bro’s and Draymond and not would he be extremely lucky to get that franchise.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 02:30:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You think so? 

I'd make the Wolves draft him then. They have absolutely no use for him and the Hornets know that. I suppose the Warriors could go that route, but then the Hornets have a great back up plan in Okongwu. No reason to give up major additional assets to get a guy unless he is clearly the better prospect, and there is a lot of gray area in this draft.

True. But also Wolves could dangle to a different team.

To Cavs for Garland plus 5th for example. To the Bulls for 4th and young talent