Author Topic: concert bucket list  (Read 7461 times)

Re: concert bucket list
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Bad Company vocalist unfortunately passed ....great band....I also like Free, Rodger's previous band...especially their classes "All Right Now".

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 03:42:52 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Bad Company vocalist unfortunately passed ....great band....I also like Free, Rodger's previous band...especially their classes "All Right Now".
when did Paul Rodgers pass?  I never heard about it and can't find anything online saying he's dead.  I know their bass player Burrell died.

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 03:50:47 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
when did Paul Rodgers pass?  I never heard about it and can't find anything online saying he's dead.  I know their bass player Burrell died.

From Wikipedia:
Bad Company are an English hard rock band from London. Formed in 1973, the group originally featured vocalist and rhythm guitarist Paul Rodgers, lead ... together on a new project with former Ted Nugent band vocalist Brian Howe. ... In the summer of 1994, Howe left Bad Company and was replaced by Robert Hart.  Howe died earlier this year at age 66.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 04:04:19 PM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 04:22:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

From Wikipedia:
Bad Company are an English hard rock band from London. Formed in 1973, the group originally featured vocalist and rhythm guitarist Paul Rodgers, lead ... together on a new project with former Ted Nugent band vocalist Brian Howe. ... In the summer of 1994, Howe left Bad Company and was replaced by Robert Hart.  Howe died earlier this year at age 66.
when I think of Bad Company, I'm strictly a Paul Rodgers guy.  nothing personal against Howe

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 04:33:09 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

Really?  Sorry about that....I must be thinking of another lead vocalist for another band I like...

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 04:34:11 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

Oh...it was another vocalist for the band, Howe, who passed...sorry again.

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 05:13:55 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Van Morrison. Never seen him and he’s still alive.

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2020, 09:07:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
interesting.  he's been around forever and not someone I would have expected to see mentioned. 

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2020, 11:51:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I’ve seen just about everyone I’ve wanted to see.  I’d like to say the Stones but they have come to my area a few times and I’d love to see them in more intimate setting than the venues they play.  I never pull the trigger because I won’t really enjoy them from a mile away.  Maybe if I had a friend that wanted to join me I’d go but I can never justify spending the $ that it would require to bring my girl and get seats that would be adequate for me to enjoy the show.

I do have regrets about not seeing a few bands before deaths occurred.
not seeing the Stones for me was always a matter of them being sold out and being too expensive to get a ticket.

There's bands that I missed out on seeing due to members passing away but didn't list them since there's no hope of seeing them now.   Tom Petty would be at the top of that list for me
I saw a few that you mentioned.  Saw Tom Petty, Foo Fighters, and I saw Kenny Wayne Sheppard several times, usually because he was opening for someone else I wanted to see.

I'm in the same boat with Roy on Nirvana.  That's the first thing that always pops in my head when I think of shows that I should have gone to when I had the chance.  Also I wish I saw Alice in Chains with Layne Staley.  I got into them way after he died and was only able to see them with the replacement singer, who I'm not crazy about.

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2020, 12:14:02 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
interesting.  he's been around forever and not someone I would have expected to see mentioned.

Bad in concert. 
Yup

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2020, 01:25:09 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I really want to see Adele live if she ever tours again.

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2020, 03:16:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
- Daft Punk
- Future Islands
- Animal Collective
- Deerhunter
- Big Wild
- The Flaming Lips

I'm sure there are plenty more that I'm forgetting off the top of my head.
Man, cannot recommend enough seeing Future Islands live if you get the chance. Samuel Herring is the best performing front man I've ever seen.

In massive agreement about Deerhunter and Animal Collective. Also on my list:

- Black Marble
- Twin Shadow
- Destroyer
- Arcade Fire
- IDLES
- Parquet Courts
- Interpol

Was going to be seeing Simple Minds and OMD perform later this year pre-COVID :(

I wish I'd been able to see Her's play live before tragedy struck. Ugh
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2020, 03:24:48 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I really wish Stone Roses and/or REM did another tour ...

Highly doubt it though so i could live with Pulp

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2020, 08:03:18 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574

Bad in concert.

See, that's why I haven't seen him. I've heard he's either awful or great, depending on his mood.
While he has been around forever, tickets are always very expensive. I can't see sending a bunch of money on someone who might show up in a bad mood.

Guess I picked him because I've seen pretty much everyone else I can think of, that's still alive.

If we're including dead people, than I would have a bunch more. Starting with Sinatra.

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2020, 08:50:28 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I’ve seen just about everyone I’ve wanted to see.  I’d like to say the Stones but they have come to my area a few times and I’d love to see them in more intimate setting than the venues they play.  I never pull the trigger because I won’t really enjoy them from a mile away.  Maybe if I had a friend that wanted to join me I’d go but I can never justify spending the $ that it would require to bring my girl and get seats that would be adequate for me to enjoy the show.

I do have regrets about not seeing a few bands before deaths occurred.
not seeing the Stones for me was always a matter of them being sold out and being too expensive to get a ticket.

There's bands that I missed out on seeing due to members passing away but didn't list them since there's no hope of seeing them now.   Tom Petty would be at the top of that list for me
I saw a few that you mentioned.  Saw Tom Petty, Foo Fighters, and I saw Kenny Wayne Sheppard several times, usually because he was opening for someone else I wanted to see.

I'm in the same boat with Roy on Nirvana.  That's the first thing that always pops in my head when I think of shows that I should have gone to when I had the chance.  Also I wish I saw Alice in Chains with Layne Staley.  I got into them way after he died and was only able to see them with the replacement singer, who I'm not crazy about.
Didn't have the opportunity to see Nirvana but did see Alice in Chains with Layne --> opened for Rush on the Roll the Bones tour.  Their only hit at the time was Man in the Box which doesn't do it for me.  Wish they had put out Dirt before that tour -- fantastic album