Author Topic: Tom Brady forgets its 4th down.  (Read 2381 times)

Tom Brady forgets its 4th down.
« on: October 09, 2020, 04:05:52 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Re: Tom Brady forgets its 4th down.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 04:18:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Ronald Jones is carrying that offence!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 11:25:00 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Hoyer thought we had an extra timeout in our game (which cost us at least 3 guaranteed points). Meanwhile Brady just days later thinks he has an extra down to work with but doesn't  :laugh: :P

To be somewhat fair to the Bucs and Brady, the Bears defense actually is legit. I think that makes the Bears a sleeper team, also because Foles just seems to have that little magic and can do just enough to win games. An upgrade over Trubisky for sure once he settles in more.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 12:10:20 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Hoyer thought we had an extra timeout in our game (which cost us at least 3 guaranteed points). Meanwhile Brady just days later thinks he has an extra down to work with but doesn't  :laugh: :P

To be somewhat fair to the Bucs and Brady, the Bears defense actually is legit. I think that makes the Bears a sleeper team, also because Foles just seems to have that little magic and can do just enough to win games. An upgrade over Trubisky for sure once he settles in more.

There is no way you've been watching the Patriots play the past two seasons, if you think any FG they attempt is guaranteed.

What Hoyer did was basically indefensible, but he is a career backup that had one or two days to get ready as a starter, against the best team in the NFL. However, Brady is almost a 20 year starter, and that was embarrassing last night. 

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 01:21:04 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

There is no way you've been watching the Patriots play the past two seasons, if you think any FG they attempt is guaranteed.

What Hoyer did was basically indefensible, but he is a career backup that had one or two days to get ready as a starter, against the best team in the NFL. However, Brady is almost a 20 year starter, and that was embarrassing last night.

No kidding. I would kill to have a kicker with a strong and accurate leg, like that Titans kicker I'm suddenly blanking on the name of.

Heck, I'd even settle for using a pick on one (nothing crazy high, but somewhere around, say, the 5th round should easily get you someone better than Folk)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 02:07:14 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Freakin' Brady and the freakin' Bucs. Cost me big points in my pick 'em league. They scored only 3 points in the second half, could barely move the ball. You'd think that was the '86 Bears defense out there last night.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 02:15:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Okay I'll admit the first part is somewhat true. Folk drives me crazy. Still, he is usually money from below 40 yards and those would have been 25-30 yard FG kicks.

But please, Hoyer is a "seasoned 12 year" vet who started the game literally because of that (and Stidham getting hurt late in "preseason" which knocked him down a bit). And Hoyer didn't just mess up once in the redzone, he messed up twice. Also threw a terrible INT in the 1st but thankfully the defense held KC to a FG.

Correct me if I'm wrong too anyone, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that in his last 11 starts now, Hoyer and his teams are 0-11
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 02:37:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Early onset dementia is a scary and real thing, kids.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Also he lost to Foles again

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30074331

Hate when people keep saying he lost to Foles again. Brady set a Super Bowl record with 505 pass yards that game, the Pats defense lost to Foles that night, not Brady.. he did his job and did it very well.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 02:56:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Also he lost to Foles again

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30074331

Hate when people keep saying he lost to Foles again. Brady set a Super Bowl record with 505 pass yards that game, the Pats defense lost to Foles that night, not Brady.. he did his job and did it very well.

I would say the Pats O-Line against the Eagles D-Line also bears some blame given that the game basically ended on Brady getting strip sacked.  That's my enduring memory of that SB, Brady had like a minute left or something to make a heroic game winning drive and the O-Line just got destroyed by the Eagles rush.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain