Author Topic: 2020 Historical Draft: ECF...#1 Boston vs #2 Milwaukee  (Read 15990 times)

Re: 2020 Historical Draft: ECF...#1 Boston vs #2 Milwaukee
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2020, 06:05:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It's 6:00PM. The voting deadline has come and I have issues.

Only 9 out of 14 GMs have placed a ballot and three are incomplete and one is difficult to tell who the GM was voting for.

So I am extending the deadline to whenever I fall asleep tonight, so I can get the votes I have in completed and clarified and give the other 5 GMs a chance to get their votes in.

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2020, 06:08:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No need, nick.  I’m just going to concede to Who.  I don’t like the playoffs format.  Reading some of the analysis has frustrated me rather than being enjoyable (I.e., Steve Nash is a better defender than DeShawn Stevenson takes the cake).

I enjoy talking about great players rather than defending ludicrous arguments.  This isn’t leisure.  The draft was awesome.  The best one ever.  The playoffs haven’t been consistent with the high level of discussion.

Who won the regular season vote.  I think he should win the whole thing, like in years past.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 06:15:32 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2020, 06:15:53 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
No need, nick.  I’m just going to concede to Who.  I don’t like the playoffs format.

Aww, I really like the playoffs format.  I think getting to think about these 1-1 matchups is a lot of fun and enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2020, 06:16:58 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
No need, nick.  I’m just going to concede to Who.  I don’t like the playoffs format.

Aww, I really like the playoffs format.  I think getting to think about these 1-1 matchups is a lot of fun and enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.

I concur, but I see how it could be exhausting with all the back and forth arguments.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2020, 06:17:29 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150

I do too. It brings to life the real matchups rather than speaking in a vacuum. It makes the tactics part of it way more interesting.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2020, 06:22:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I don’t mind debating, but I like discussion more.  If we just talked about matchups without a winner, I think we could delve a bit deeper.  Without sounding too arrogant, I think this ECF matchup has matched up two of the wiser, more astute members of the forum.  But, I think I’d rather sit down in a pub with Who discussing the all-time greats, rather than having to respond to arguments about DeShawn Stevenson’s defensive inferiority to Steve Nash.  It cheapens all the good things that came before.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2020, 07:48:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Since the basketball discussion is kicked...

Anybody have expertise in removing stuck screws?  I’m installing a new dryer cord, and the screw connecting the ground wire is way too tight to move without stripping it.

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2020, 08:44:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Anybody have expertise in removing stuck screws?  I’m installing a new dryer cord, and the screw connecting the ground wire is way too tight to move without stripping it.
Take a thin punch or hard nail and hammer the middle of the screw, assuming it is Phillips head. That will deepen the hole for your Phillips head screwdriver and give you more grab so as not strip the head.

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2020, 09:04:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Take a thin punch or hard nail and hammer the middle of the screw, assuming it is Phillips head. That will deepen the hole for your Phillips head screwdriver and give you more grab so as not strip the head.

Thanks.  Got it.  Dryer still isn’t working though.  One of those days.

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2020, 07:45:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Congratulations

To both Boston(Who) and Milwaukee(Roy H.) for an excellent Eastern Conference Finals.

The winner, by a count of 12-6, who will go on to the Finals, is:

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2020, 08:06:24 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Locking thread. You can give your Congrats in the HDMTL Thread, where you will also find the ballots of every voter.