Author Topic: Maine HS basketball...  (Read 4028 times)

Maine HS basketball...
« on: March 01, 2023, 03:27:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: Maine HS basketball...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 03:38:40 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Basketball is a beautiful sport.  :)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 03:45:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Last shot shouldn't have counted, replay would have disallowed.  But what a freakin' game. Reminds me of my NH HS basketball days.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 03:48:08 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
As a Bonny Eagle grad (class of 89) that is a little gut wrenching to watch :)

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 03:51:53 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I've rewatched several times & I still can't tell whether he got the shot off or not.   That is ridiculously bang bang.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2023, 04:16:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, what a wild finish.  We don't have particularly high level basketball here in Maine for the most place (Cooper Flagg not withstanding), but there's a ton of entertainment value in high school sports.  The kids care so much at all levels.

Thanks for posting.  I can forgive the refs if they missed the call, since they don't have high-definition, rewindable eye sight.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2023, 05:36:47 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Yeah, what a wild finish.  We don't have particularly high level basketball here in Maine for the most place (Cooper Flagg not withstanding), but there's a ton of entertainment value in high school sports.  The kids care so much at all levels.

Thanks for posting.  I can forgive the refs if they missed the call, since they don't have high-definition, rewindable eye sight.

I always loved "tourney time" when I was in high school and even after I was out of school. Saw a game or two in Bangor, and a bunch at the Augusta Civic Center, including Andy Bedard games. Pretty fun thing to follow (whether in person or on TV) during the wild Maine winter.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2023, 06:05:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
lol Maine Madness  ;D

I watched the last shot winning bucket 5 times and could not tell for sure if it should have counted.   My guess is it was not in time , but since there is no replay .  Refs got their call stands right or wrong .

Great finally.

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2023, 06:23:11 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
And the shot was definitely late. Freeze the video at 1:20 and you can see the red light on and the ball still in contact with his hand.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2023, 06:33:50 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
That's pretty great. Makes me emotional watching it with no vested interest or knowledge.

TP

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2023, 06:37:45 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
And the shot was definitely late. Freeze the video at 1:20 and you can see the red light on and the ball still in contact with his hand.

Yeah, I think you're right.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team