Author Topic: 2020 Historical Draft Thread: Draft over. Playoffs coming soon!  (Read 193026 times)

Re: 2020 Historical Draft Thread: Draft over. Playoffs coming soon!
« Reply #1965 on: April 05, 2020, 06:01:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
THE TRADE DEADLINE HAS ARRIVED AND NO MORE TRADES ARE ALLOWED.

I need Jvalin and freshinthehouse to finalize their roster by providing seasons used for all their players.

This thread is now closed and all comments regarding teams should be discussed in the "How Does My Team Look" thread.

« Reply #1966 on: April 05, 2020, 06:02:12 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
If people have suggestions on what my starting 5 should be, I'm all ears. Been back & forth on a few ideas.

Would appreciate the feedback.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1967 on: April 05, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Another option would be something like this:

PG: Westbrook
SG: Beal
SF: Pierce
PF: George
C: Wallace

Personally speaking, I don't like it (for reasons I mentioned in the previous post). Fwiw, I bet PG-13 wouldn't have liked it either. When the Pacers told him to play at the 4, he wasn't too happy about that decision.

In any case, it's definitely an option.
Against certain teams (like mine), that could work. Any team with two dominant low post player would be trouble for that lineup.
Mismatches work both ways. George won't be strong/tall enough to play D in the paint. The opposing big man won't be quick enough to play D on the perimeter.

THE TRADE DEADLINE HAS ARRIVED AND NO MORE TRADES ARE ALLOWED.

I need Jvalin and freshinthehouse to finalize their roster by providing seasons used for all their players.

This thread is now closed and all comments regarding teams should be discussed in the "How Does My Team Look" thread.

My bad. Totally forgot about it. I'll post the new roster straight away.

« Reply #1968 on: April 05, 2020, 06:08:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
G: Westbrook, Isaiah
G: Beal, Jrue
F: George, Pierce
F: Uncle Cliffy, Abdur-Rahim
C: JO, Big Ben

I lean towards that as the best use of this team's talent. Need to get JO in there instead of Big Ben. I want to get more speed and a more dynamic ball-handler in there to play alongside Westbrook. Beal looks the best option to me. I reckon PG13 would play better off the ball to those two guys than Pierce would which is why I moved Pierce to the bench in a 6th man role. Let Isaiah and Pierce run the second unit.

I'd play Shareef as little as possible. Better off going small with PG13 at PF and Pierce at SF whenever possible.

I’m curious on your thoughts.

Assume a hypothetical trade of Karl Malone and Jayson Tatum for Paul George and Tayahaun Prince.  Who benefits?

OKC - big win on an individual talent basis. I rate Malone above PG13 and Tatum well above Tayshaun.

It takes away from your lineup versatility. K-Malone and Mourning are extremely difficult to matchup against. Then throw Giannis on top at SF. Versatility with a strong backup SF in Tatum.

Tayshaun isn't talented enough to force matchup advantages in his favour at this level. And your backup bigs are not offensively gifted enough to cause many matchup issues either whereas now you can slide Giannis over to PF and give yourself 3 dominant bigs in Malone, Giannis and Mourning with 2 very good bigs behind them and Tatum at SF to create a whole load of interesting lineups.

So far less threatening overall despite power of starting 5 with PG13.

Thanks, Who.  I appreciate the feedback.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes