Author Topic: The 2020 Historical Draft - 2000's edition. Nothing else to do? Join up!!  (Read 25674 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Somebody(the poster, not some random person) thought another Historical Draft with a 2000's theme, an a 21stCentury Draft, would be a great idea for this summer, after the season ended. Well, the season is unexpectedly over early and we will all have a very large Celtics/NBA hole to fill.

So let's do it now.

Its time for what's looking to be our annual Historical Draft. I am gauging interest in people who would like to own teams. I will be the commissioner once again.

SCHEDULING: The draft would run from Monday March 23rd to Wednesday April 1st 16th. Finals rosters would be due on Friday April 3rd. There will be time to present your team and why you think it's the best team Monday April 6th. Voting takes place for best team on Tuesday April 7th. The winner will be announced Wednesday, April 8th at noontime, EST. Note: this could all be pushed back a week depending on different factors.

Regarding times, that is flexible and anyone who wants to play, please state what time(EST) works best for you. Morning, afternoon or night. It's usually a 3-4 hour window needed to get the drafting done.

RULES: Each player will be assigned a team and run that team as it's owner. Players to be drafted will be any player that played in the NBA between the years 2000 to present. Once a player is drafted he is the property of that team. Once all rounds of the draft are over, each owner will be required to submit a roster picking the season that each of his or her players will be represented by. The season chosen must be a season within the timeframe  of the draft.

Example: In first round I select LeBron James, Luka Doncic in the 2nd round and 3rd Round Al Horford, etc. When it comes time to present your team you must select the year you want to represent them. Therefore(choosing random years):

LeBron James 2010-11
Luka Doncic 2019-20
Al Horford 2015-16

And so on.

The draft will be a snake draft. There will be 13 rounds. Monday March 23 - Thursday March 26 there will be one round per day with picks in 15 minute intervals. The 5th through 13th rounds will be two rounds per day for 4 days with picks in 10 minute intervals.  These rounds will take place on Friday March 27th through Wednesday April 1st. When the draft ends there will be a period over the next couple of days to trade and the trade deadline will end on Friday April 3rd when team rosters will need to be submitted.

Of course, making trades is part of the game. A full set of rules which everyone will need to adhere to will be posted later.

Also, please read this regarding personal conduct in these games. They are more stringent than the general rules of the blog:

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=67351.0

Voting for best team happens on April 8th where you submit your rankings of all the teams, except yours, and I, the commissioner, will tabulate the votes and announce the winner the next day.

If this is to go off on the 23rd, I will need answers by interested parties to happen between now and March 19th. If we don't get enough people, we can push things back a week until we do.

If you are interested in playing, please post that you are below and let me know which time slot works best for you morning(9-12ish), afternoon(1-4ish) or night(7-10ish) in the EST zone.

Anyway, let's get things rolling. Who is in?

Commissioner
nickagneta

Players
DefenseWinsChamps
gouki88
Donoghus
RPGenerate
Somebody
Jvalin
GreenFaith1819
Roy H.
Celtic Fan Forever
Who
wdleehi
action781
RodyTur10
Yoki_IsTheName
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 05:39:18 PM by nickagneta »

Re: The 2020 Historical Draft - 2010's edition. Anyone interested?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 10:22:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm sure in!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 11:27:47 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Bump to keep in Latest Discussions area

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 11:36:03 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Yeah, I'm in. 

Need something to pass the time.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 11:45:29 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Count me in!
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 12:05:40 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Count me in too!

Btw, I'm in for a soccer draft as well.

Quick question:

RULES: (...) Players to be drafted will be any player that played in the NBA between the years 2010 to present. (..) each owner will be required to submit a roster picking the season that each of his or her players will be represented by. The season chosen must be a season within the career of the player.
The season chosen must be ''a season within the career of the player'' or within the 2010s? I mean, can we pick a season prior to the 2010-2011 season?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:41:00 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 12:41:02 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm in! Btw I prefer your suggestion Nick, I think a 21st century draft would give us some really interesting teams.

I'd also prefer the draft to start at around 8 PM EST (or even later if possible) due to my timezone, the usual starting time for the historical draft last year was midnight at the earliest for me. If that's not possible I can send in a draft board, just wanted to float the idea of a timeslot that works for everyone.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 12:46:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Count me in too!

Quick question:

RULES: (...) Players to be drafted will be any player that played in the NBA between the years 2010 to present. (..) each owner will be required to submit a roster picking the season that each of his or her players will be represented by. The season chosen must be a season within the career of the player.
The season chosen must be ''a season within the career of the player'' or within the 2010s? I mean, can we pick a season prior to the 2010-2011 season?
I will clarify this. It's within the timeframe of the draft.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 12:47:07 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Count me in too!

Quick question:

09-10 to 18-19 seasons. Btw it's a 21st century draft right now, so it's 99-00 to 19-20 lol (although I'm not sure how do we deal with this partial season).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 12:54:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I'm in! Btw I prefer your suggestion Nick, I think a 21st century draft would give us some really interesting teams.

I'd also prefer the draft to start at around 8 PM EST (or even later if possible) due to my timezone, the usual starting time for the historical draft last year was midnight at the earliest for me. If that's not possible I can send in a draft board, just wanted to float the idea of a timeslot that works for everyone.
A start around 7PM EST works for me. That way everything is finished up around 10:30 to 11, depending on the amount of participants.

Re: The 2020 Historical Draft - 2000's edition. Anyone interested?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 01:38:11 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Count me in if there's still a spot.

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 01:40:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Up to 7 people in just a couple hours. Good to see!

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 01:42:42 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

A start around 7PM EST works for me. That way everything is finished up around 10:30 to 11, depending on the amount of participants.
Ugh, I hate time zone differences.

7 pm EST is 2 am in Greece. If we finish around 10:30 to 11, I'd have to stay up till 5:30 to 6 in the morning! I guess I could do it for 1 night, but not for several nights in a row.

Is there a way we could find a time that works for everybody? I mean, we have posters from all over the world (Europe, Asia, Australia, you name it).

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 02:04:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Ugh, I hate time zone differences.

7 pm EST is 2 am in Greece. If we finish around 10:30 to 11, I'd have to stay up till 5:30 to 6 in the morning! I guess I could do it for 1 night, but not for several nights in a row.

Is there a way we could find a time that works for everybody? I mean, we have posters from all over the world (Europe, Asia, Australia, you name it).
Everyone should post the best time for them in this thread. I am good to run it during any of the time frames mentioned in the OP.

I will make the time that's best for the majority of the posters. If it's inconvenient for you, what we do is you provide me with your drafting list for the day, sometime before the day's draft, and I will make the selections for you.

Example: You have the fifth pick in the 1st round but can't make the pick yourself. Since you are picking fifth send me a list of 5 players in order of preference that you would want. So you send me

1. Giannis
2. LeBron
3. Durant
4. Kawhi
5. Steph Curry

Depending which of these guys are still available, I will make that pick for you.

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 02:10:03 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
So for me, I'm more of a night guy, as I usually have more free time after 7-8 (eastern time). However, this coronavirus has left my slate surprisingly clean, so I'm good for whatever time works best.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum