Author Topic: 2019-2020 Bruins Season  (Read 35526 times)

Re: 2019-2020 Bruins Season
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2020, 03:22:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Tuukka has never acted like he has that same level of devotion to the cause.

Perhaps not, but he’s been amazing in the regular season and playoffs, regardless of his demeanor.

He’s got the 3rd best SV% off all-time for his career.  He’s had us in the Cup Finals twice.  I’ll take it.

To be fair, I haven't lived in NE for over a decade so I don't really see how the local media treats him. I guess I should assume he is treated like trash since Boston media treats the majority of our players that way...other than the ones that go all-out and play with their hearts on their sleeves.

While the Bs are a clear #4 for me in terms of Boston sports, I was thankful that we had such a capable goalie to take over after Thomas left. Tukka has been great; it's just too bad he wasn't able to get over the hump and bring home another Stanley Cup for the city (not all his fault, obviously).

I hope he works through whatever he needs to, but I think we should assume that this is it for Tukka in Boston. You are the lead goalie on the #1 team in the NHL (round-robin results aside); I am not sure how you walk back into that locker room next year like everything is fine. This is much different (worse) than the Hayward situation.

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2020, 03:26:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Great win! Nice to be up 2-1 in the series and "reclaim home ice advantage" ;D

The team battled hard and honestly they looked really good out there for most of the game. Halak was also fantastic outside that one blunder behind the goal. Definitely makes you feel good for the rest of the weekend.

Regarding the Rask news, I was stunned when I read it (almost dropped my Dunkin iced coffee and munchkins lol). I do respect his decision. And we may not know the specific reasons that may be private to just Rask and the organization. But like some others, I do find the timing a bit odd. I mean, doing it before the season restarts or even during the Round Robin series is one thing. But to announce it basically just hours before a crucial Game 3 in a real playoff series that's tied 1-1?

But anyways, I sincerely hope everything's good with Rask and that he and his family are fine. As for us, I do like Halak and I think we're fortunate to have a really good and experienced backup goalie. Still feeling really good going forward.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2020, 04:21:04 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Rask has been amazing in goal and the best I have seen for the Bruins since I can remember. True big game goalie.

It sounds like it was for a family emergency and that is all that is being shared with public. I wish him well and hope everything works out.

Not sure our second goaltender can get into game and mental shape to take us to the cup.  Without  fans, these games do not feel the same for me so I can only imagine how the athletes feel. It does. not feel like standard edge of seat playoff hockey.

Maybe they should sell virtual seats with voice ability and have fans actually heard at the games...In this day and age of tech, why not something like that? Home advantage could get 95 percent seats and away 5...Fans can go in their rooms, shut door and be heard like they are at the game! If this was five years in the future, VR could make this feel legit with seeing fans next to you in seat.

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2020, 05:24:13 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Definitely weird Rask waited until now to decide he just couldn't continue.  It's his life, though, so I can accept it.

No idea how his teammates feel about it, so it will be interesting to see what this means for his future in Boston.

Luckily, Halak is good enough in his own right to anchor the team.  Boston has been blessed with such great netminding the last decade or so.

Rask has been amazing in goal and the best I have seen for the Bruins since I can remember. True big game goalie.

I'm guessing you never saw Thomas?  Rask has never quite reached that level, as elite as he has been.

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2020, 05:34:06 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
It sounds like it was for a family emergency and that is all that is being shared with public. I wish him well and hope everything works out.

I have not heard this, just that he wanted to be with his family and that these games felt like exhibition games and they were dull. This from Sweeney:

“His family is safe and healthy. But with a newborn and two other young girls it’s been challenging. It’s nothing specific. Fortunately, his family is healthy. To have their dad back to be around on a regular basis is exactly what Tuukka needs to do at this point in time,” Sweeney said.

If something has changed or if something isn't being reported because it is considered too personal, then I take back everything I said. From what I've read, though, it seems he just didn't want to be there anymore.

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2020, 09:11:07 PM »

• Don Nelson
https://twitter.com/iamjamesstewart/status/1294654291727261699?s=21

Thst is where I heard it is family emergency...I think there is something to it but who knows...either way, his heart is elsewhere and this Rask won’t get us to finals..we need all in with no distractions.

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2020, 09:13:30 PM »

• Don Nelson
Definitely weird Rask waited until now to decide he just couldn't continue.  It's his life, though, so I can accept it.

No idea how his teammates feel about it, so it will be interesting to see what this means for his future in Boston.

Luckily, Halak is good enough in his own right to anchor the team.  Boston has been blessed with such great netminding the last decade or so.

I'm guessing you never saw Thomas?  Rask has never quite reached that level, as elite as he has been.

I did seem him play..I have been watching Bruins since 70’s! 😁..I have a different feeling of confidence in big games with Rask in the net...Thomas was great but I believe Rask is better.

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2020, 11:34:40 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Tuukka has never acted like he has that same level of devotion to the cause.

Perhaps not, but he’s been amazing in the regular season and playoffs, regardless of his demeanor.

He’s got the 3rd best SV% off all-time for his career.  He’s had us in the Cup Finals twice.  I’ll take it.

To be fair, I haven't lived in NE for over a decade so I don't really see how the local media treats him. I guess I should assume he is treated like trash since Boston media treats the majority of our players that way...other than the ones that go all-out and play with their hearts on their sleeves.

While the Bs are a clear #4 for me in terms of Boston sports, I was thankful that we had such a capable goalie to take over after Thomas left. Tukka has been great; it's just too bad he wasn't able to get over the hump and bring home another Stanley Cup for the city (not all his fault, obviously).

I hope he works through whatever he needs to, but I think we should assume that this is it for Tukka in Boston. You are the lead goalie on the #1 team in the NHL (round-robin results aside); I am not sure how you walk back into that locker room next year like everything is fine. This is much different (worse) than the Hayward situation.

They've actually treated him pretty well all things considered. Felger and Mazz pile on him now and then which they do with everyone. But he's got the performances under his belt which have kept them off his back for the most part.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2020, 10:30:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
BOOM!

After being down 2-0 after two periods, 3 goals in the last 5 minutes. Bruins rally to go up 3-2. Still 8 minutes to go

Update: MAKE IT 4!! Now up 4-2 with 6 minutes to go. What a period!  8)  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2020, 10:35:03 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Wow, Bruins about to steal Game 4 and take a commanding 3-1 series lead.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2020, 10:46:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Bruins clinched it, 4-3 win. Lead series 3-1! Great night for Boston fans.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2020, 05:54:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
But the Boston Bruins goaltender apparently provided more insight into his decision to leave the team in two phone conversations with WEEI's Greg Hill.

Hill said he spoke Tuesday on the phone with Rask, who told him he decided to leave the Toronto bubble due to a specific medical emergency involving his daughter.

Get the latest news and analysis on all of your teams from NBC Sports Boston by downloading the My Teams App

"I can tell you that he got a phone call in the bubble from his wife, because there was a medical emergency with their daughter," Hill said Wednesday on WEEI. "Basically the kind of situation where I believe Tuukka Rask did what every parent would do and was obviously very concerned.

"It was suggested they seek medical help. Without revealing what that was, because I think I probably should leave that to him -- he did tell me -- as a father of two kids, I would be panicked and alarmed upon hearing that about a young kid."

Hill also said Rask -- who has three daughters with his wife, Jasmiina -- had a conversation with his daughter that factored into his decision to return home.

"He did speak to his daughter and his daughter did express something to him about where he was and what her situation was, which I think would lead any father, any parent, especially one who feels like that's their most important job, parenting, to want to rush to be with their family at that time," Hill said.

"Personally, I can't imagine being away from your family, away from your young kids, hearing your daughter say what she said, and not being panicked."

In others news, Game 5 is 2-1 Bruins going into the 3rd.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2020, 05:57:50 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
But the Boston Bruins goaltender apparently provided more insight into his decision to leave the team in two phone conversations with WEEI's Greg Hill.

Hill said he spoke Tuesday on the phone with Rask, who told him he decided to leave the Toronto bubble due to a specific medical emergency involving his daughter.

Get the latest news and analysis on all of your teams from NBC Sports Boston by downloading the My Teams App

"I can tell you that he got a phone call in the bubble from his wife, because there was a medical emergency with their daughter," Hill said Wednesday on WEEI. "Basically the kind of situation where I believe Tuukka Rask did what every parent would do and was obviously very concerned.

"It was suggested they seek medical help. Without revealing what that was, because I think I probably should leave that to him -- he did tell me -- as a father of two kids, I would be panicked and alarmed upon hearing that about a young kid."

Hill also said Rask -- who has three daughters with his wife, Jasmiina -- had a conversation with his daughter that factored into his decision to return home.

"He did speak to his daughter and his daughter did express something to him about where he was and what her situation was, which I think would lead any father, any parent, especially one who feels like that's their most important job, parenting, to want to rush to be with their family at that time," Hill said.

"Personally, I can't imagine being away from your family, away from your young kids, hearing your daughter say what she said, and not being panicked."

The people who crapped all of over the guy should be ashamed of themselves.

Huge PP goal to end the 2nd.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones

The people who crapped all of over the guy should be ashamed of themselves.

Huge PP goal to end the 2nd.

Eh, I still think we need more information before we can officially be ashamed of ourselves. First of all, we were told that his family was 'safe and healthy'; and before the family emergency, he told the media that the games were dull and felt like exhibition games. There's no reason to feel bad when you are basing your opinion on these factors.

We honestly still have no idea what this emergency is, but if it is short term, it's not like Tukka has any plans of returning either. There were also rumblings that he was out golfing yesterday. That last point is just a rumor so I am won't give it any credence unless more comes out, but I think based on the information we previously knew, we were all totally warranted in bashing Tukka.

Honestly, I don't know why this whole thing is such a secret anyway. Why say his family is safe and healthy? Why not reveal vague details about what's wrong so we can sympathize with him? The whole thing sounds a little bizarre. Anyway, great to see the Bs doing well and hopefully they will be up 3-1 in the series in about 10 minutes or so.

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2020, 07:43:25 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Good comeback by the Bs today. On to the next round!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis